So do you think we will get some?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I just returned from running errands including Giant (for the PNC bank that is open inside). OMG. What a madhouse! They had almost every cashier station open and I saw one family that bought 7 cases of water! I realize it is a holiday and many people are off of work. The stores have to loving this!

Target was crazy.

Hank

my war
Even if it is just 3 inches of accumulation the timing is what sucks for us. The smow will start around the morning commute and blow about in the gust and frigid winds all day right on through the evening commute. Roads will stay slick because the winds will keep blowing the smow onto the roads that had just been hit by the salt/plow trucks and stay slick. Folks keep forgetting is is not accumulation that does us in but rather icy conditions.

I think it isn't starting until noon.

Severa

Common sense ain't common
Ran up to the California Walmart around noon to pick up a few things (milk, bread, few other things to hold us over till payday on Fri), it was busy but not over the top crazy...yet. Still plenty of milk and breads on the shelves.

Now we're just waiting to see how long it takes for St. Mary's County schools to call off tomorrow (I'm betting on 0530 tomorrow) and figuring no matter what my husband will still have to go to work on base, normal schedule.

I still need to get the generator hooked up to back feed.
We still currently have to run extension cords through out the house.
I had the electrician put in an outdoor plug for the genny when I replaced the breaker panel. Makes it so easy, just one cable from the genny to the outlet and running 240v.

I just returned from running errands including Giant (for the PNC bank that is open inside). OMG. What a madhouse! They had almost every cashier station open and I saw one family that bought 7 cases of water! I realize it is a holiday and many people are off of work. The stores have to loving this!

Target was crazy.

BJs too.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Well once again, the more they talked today I'm not fearing the snow so much as the wind and temps. Hard to believe sitting here with it 52 outside that the temps are going to drop so drastically in such a short time.

:coffee:

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Well once again, the more they talked today I'm not fearing the snow so much as the wind and temps. Hard to believe sitting here with it 52 outside that the temps are going to drop so drastically in such a short time.

:coffee:

This happened one time I remember when I lived in PA. It was 60 something and raining then BOOM a cold front came through and iced up everything. It even froze the shift linkage on my car. I miss that car.

Guess it wasn't the same.

That is what I want to do here.

Yes, but I had my entire indoor panel done too. Way outdated. Xfr switch and now all breakers instead of some fuses and 200 instead of 150. Nice, yes , expensive, yes, worth it? I think so. Anyway I am happy.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Oh we're going to get it all right. My only remaining plow truck is as dead as a wood post and been sitting that way for a couple years now.:whistle:

"Get around to it" I said...."someday" I said.