So how is covid really affecting your life?

OrneryPest

lower life form
I think it's kinda cool to be able to go into a place of business wearing a mask and not be suspected of dishonorable intentions.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I also haven't been sick - AT ALL, not even a cold - since NOV2019.

Neither have I. Typically during the winter I'll get a mild flu bug, feel punk for a day or two, then bounce back. Last winter...nada. I haven't even had a cold.

I'm thinking it's because of the masks, but I've only been wearing one sporadically. Perhaps it just happened to be at the right time or something....

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I think it's kinda cool to be able to go into a place of business wearing a mask and not be suspected of dishonorable intentions.
And if you have a carry permit, walking into a bank with a mask AND a gun... And it's NBD. :jet:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Neither have I. Typically during the winter I'll get a mild flu bug, feel punk for a day or two, then bounce back. Last winter...nada. I haven't even had a cold.

I'm thinking it's because of the masks, but I've only been wearing one sporadically. Perhaps it just happened to be at the right time or something....
Same here. I've had a few sneezes due to the pollen. I almost never use the hand sanitizer I bought last year. Those are the mini-bottles from the kids department. They have sparkles! :lol: But I have also always washed my hands on a regular basis. :sshrug:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I am masking only when required. Not outside at ALL now -due to the Governor's new regs, tho I noticed some people at Running Hare Vineyard still wearing masks outside. Both before my birthday and even still some on my birthday.

I had to have a yearly radiology test done yesterday. Got my text telling me to stay in my car until the text me. Did that until I got the Bat Signal text to come in. Wore my mask into the building. The lady at the desk in the hallway, masked, wearing gloves, hand sanitizer on the table, and 3 clipboards filled with a stack of sheets of the questionnaires (4-5 questions) to fill out before you are granted entrance. (and there are 2 containers of pens. ONE FOR USED, ONE FOR CLEANED PENS - the clipboards are not sanitized that I saw)

She didn't take my temperature though the sign on the front door says they will. The 4 questions are the standard "have you been around anyone...have you been out of state..."

Here's some more absurdity. THEN she says - go in that door and they will check you in. So I get to touch that door and go in and they check me in and give me more papers with a clipboard (and 2 more containers of pens. ONE FOR USED, ONE FOR CLEANED PENS...this has been the new "trend") and I update all my insurance/contact information. THEN, they say go out to the waiting area (back to where I started). THAT lady directs me to the waiting area in the hallway of this building which also houses the GYM. So all kinds of people are back & forth (wearing masks). The chairs ARE NOT "OFFICIALLY" SOCIALLY DISTANCED.

When the tech came out to get me-we have to walk a maize of hallways to get to where we need to be. I go into the dressing room, switch from my clothes to their gowns, she comes and gets me again and when I finally get into the Imaging room - she asks me my name, birthdate and THEN ASKS IF I HAD THE VACCINE. I said no, I had COVID, and she just moved on to the next question - which I can't remember. I said - (not snotty, but straight out) I guess no one cares if you have the virus, only if you get the vaccine. One thing I've noticed - -- people don't know what to say to you when you interrupt their script/narrative. She said "well, it keeps you out of the hospital" in a pretty snarky tone. ????? :lol:

Really? Because I had COVID and I wasn't in the hospital and she didn't really even ask me how I did or let me answer - all I said was I had a mild case, but she was moving right on to the imaging and dropped that convo like a hot potato.

We don't wear our masks at work any longer, I've had the Rona, and my other co-worker is halfway vaxxed. The other employees are outside/inside service oriented and they wear them when they need to. They follow our established protocols in place since last year, as that is the way it has to be as long as we go into customer's homes. We have many customers who don't care, though. :yay:
Congratulations on obtaining natural immunity to the coronavirus. Now, just stay away from the experimental serum and you'll be fine.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I've gotten all three of the vaccinations..5 shots in all. Can't be too careful.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

I've been thinking about this. Perhaps we haven't been sick, myself included, because other people are keeping their cooties under control with hand sanitizer. I've always washed my hands frequently with anti-bacterial dish liquid, but many folks don't even bother to wash their damned hands after using the bathroom. Everyone here that works in an office has probably got at least one person that don't wash up after a trip to the head. :twitch:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I've been thinking about this. Perhaps we haven't been sick, myself included, because other people are keeping their cooties under control with hand sanitizer. I've always washed my hands frequently with anti-bacterial dish liquid, but many folks don't even bother to wash their damned hands after using the bathroom. Everyone here that works in an office has probably got at least one person that don't wash up after a trip to the head. :twitch:
Or, perhaps the coronavirus is not a virulent as we've been told? Or, perhaps you just happen to have a strong immune system that fights off all the bugs?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
If I may ...

Or, perhaps the coronavirus is not a virulent as we've been told? Or, perhaps you just happen to have a strong immune system that fights off all the bugs?
I wasn't talking about covid. I was speaking in general, the dirty ****ers are washing their hands now and not spreading their cooties all over.

Are you one of those that doesn't wash after wiping? Y'are, aren't cha? :smack: