So JD Vance....

phreddyp

• “Ohio GOP Senate candidate J.D. Vance has in the past advocated for major reforms to Social Security and Medicare in order to restore ‘fiscal sanity’ to the United States.”

• “In a 2010 blog post, Vance — then writing under the name J.D. Hamel — argued that Social Security and Medicare were among the biggest drivers of large federal budget deficits, but that neither Democrats nor Republicans had the political will to enact deep cuts to either federal entitlement program.”

• “‘The political obstacles intimidate more than the practical problems,’ Vance wrote in the post on a personal blog site he used while in law school at Yale. ‘The party of, umm, limited government — the Republican Party — is also the party of the aging white person. The party’s only solid constituency thus depends on the Medicare and Social Security Benefits that are the biggest roadblocks to any kind of real fiscal sanity.
Here is a news flash for you making adjustments for programs is NOT eliminating them. So once again you got NOTHING!

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Here is a news flash for you making adjustments for programs is NOT eliminating them. So once again you got NOTHING!
She still caught in that crack haze.

Although, in all fairness, she’ll likely be there for life.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

39 Things to Know About JD Vance, Trump’s Running Mate

3. He’s Married to Usha Chilukuri Vance​

Mr. Vance is married to Usha Chilukuri Vance, whom he met at Yale Law School. They married in 2014.
Ms. Vance currently works as a corporate litigator. She has clerked for Supreme Court Chief Justice John. Roberts and then-appellate Judge Brett Kavanaugh.

She would be the first Hindu spouse of a vice president and the first person of color to be second lady.

4. The Couple Has 3 Children​

Mr. Vance has three children: Ewan, 6, Vivek, 4, and Mirabel, 2.

5. He’s Considered a Populist Conservative​

Mr. Vance is commonly considered to be a populist conservative.
His political ideology is often placed alongside the ranks of former President Trump, Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.), and pro-Trump swaths of the House Freedom Caucus.

In a December 2023 interview, he described his hope to “push the Republican Party in a more pro-worker direction” and capitalize on the working-class gains made by the likes of former President Trump.

6. He Grew Up in a Lower-Class Family​

Mr. Vance famously grew up in a lower-class family in Middletown, Ohio, and often experienced financial and familial hardships growing up.

7. He’s a Best-Selling Author​

image-5687149

“Hillbilly Elegy” by J.D. Vance. (Harper)

Mr. Vance first became well-known for his best-selling memoir, “Hillbilly Elegy,” published in 2016, which details his time growing up in poverty-stricken areas of the Rust Belt.

The book traces the drug abuse issues and financial hardships experienced by many in the white working class, and was seen by many as a primer on the population that propelled former President Trump to victory in 2016.

8. There’s a Movie Adaptation of His Book​

Mr. Vance’s book was adapted into a namesake Netflix film in 2020.

9. He Experienced the Decline of the Rust Belt​

In both his memoir and the movie adaptation, Mr. Vance explains his experience of the decline of the Rust Belt, and the impacts it had on those living there.
Speaking about his native Middletown, Mr. Vance wrote in Hillbilly Elegy, “There is a lack of agency here— a feeling that you have little control over your life and a willingness to blame everyone but yourself.”

He’s made clear that this experience has continued to shape his political life and decisions.

10. He Grew Up in Ohio but Considered Rural Kentucky ‘Home’​

Despite growing up in Ohio, Mr. Vance has said he considered his great-grandmother’s house in rural Kentucky as “home.”
“I always distinguished ‘my address’ from ‘my home,’” Mr. Vance wrote in Hillbilly Elegy.

“My address was where I spent most of my time with my mother and sister, wherever that might be. But my home never changed: my great-grandmother’s house, in the holler, in Jackson, Kentucky.”

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
  • “Ohio GOP Senate candidate J.D. Vance has in the past advocated for major reforms to Social Security and Medicare in order to restore ‘fiscal sanity’ to the United States.”
What, no cite? Reads like what someone else has said.
  • “In a 2010 blog post, Vance — then writing under the name J.D. Hamel — argued that Social Security and Medicare were among the biggest drivers of large federal budget deficits, but that neither Democrats nor Republicans had the political will to enact deep cuts to either federal entitlement program.”
  • “‘The political obstacles intimidate more than the practical problems,’ Vance wrote in the post on a personal blog site he used while in law school at Yale. ‘The party of, umm, limited government — the Republican Party — is also the party of the aging white person. The party’s only solid constituency thus depends on the Medicare and Social Security Benefits that are the biggest roadblocks to any kind of real fiscal sanity.
What, no cite? Reads like what someone else has said except the one bolded phrase.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
He's taking a beating of the r/Appalachia subreddit. I guess because his family moved from Kentucky to Ohio to work in the steel mill, and his book paints Appalachians in a bad light, he no longer is counts as a 'hillbilly'.

But then again, it is Reddit.

Over Run with leftists

StmarysCity79

What, no cite? Reads like what someone else has said except the one bolded phrase.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
What a crock of sh!t - American Bridge Pac says "American Bridge 21st Century, the largest research, tracking, and rapid response operation in the Democratic Party, is focused on holding Republicans accountable and helping deliver Democratic victories."

Now come on "extensive researcher" show the receipts, not the BS, but before that I think you have a bull or two to milk.

stgislander

PREMO Member
He’s right. They both need to be reformed before they go broke.

Certainly can’t count on Democrats to do anything sane in that department.

Have you managed to find a good psychiatrist yet?
You beat me to it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Working around obstacles?? LOL

Trump Shuttle Inc., launched by President Trump in 1989, defaulted on its loans in 1990 and ceased to exist by 1992. Trump University, founded by President Trump in 2005, ceased operations in 2011 amid lawsuits and investigations regarding the company’s business practices. Trump Vodka, a brand of vodka produced by Drinks Americas under license from the Trump Organization, was introduced in 2005 and discontinued in 2011.

Trump Mortgage, LLC, a financial services company founded by President Trump in 2006, ceased operations in 2007. GoTrump.com, a travel site founded by President Trump in 2006, ceased operations in 2007. Trump Steaks, a brand of steak and other meats founded by President Trump in 2007, discontinued sales two months after its launch.
You must be a very depressed clown these days...recognizing that Trump's election win is inevitable. That makes me smile largely, you puke.

BOP

He's taking a beating of the r/Appalachia subreddit. I guess because his family moved from Kentucky to Ohio to work in the steel mill, and his book paints Appalachians in a bad light, he no longer is counts as a 'hillbilly'.

But then again, it is Reddit.
Reddit and all the substacks, really, have become the new IRC.

BOP

You guys really tie yourselves in knots to fall in lock step with anything Trump tells you huh.

A never Trumper and man who called him Americas Hitler is offered a glimpse of power and changes his tune and you guys immediately get our your check books and line up to vote for him. You don't see how obviously he changed all his beliefs for power and then you get mad at the Democrats and claim they are the power hungry ones? He turned his back on his roots went to an Ivy and now is gunning for power in the deep state. All the things you claim to hate.

Hope this doesn't end the same way it did for Pence with a gallows set up for his hanging and chants of his death.

You people are truly fu**** retarded and have ruined this country single handedly.

And he supports a nation wide abortion ban with no exceptions for rape or incest.
Speaking of 304s, where have you been, sweet cheeks?

It's not like you have to worry about former...not sure about the latter, so what does it matter? :sshrug:

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Well...truth be told....I DO have a large dumpster on my 8-acre island compound. What do you think I'll be eating out of it?
Now you’ve done it…

You’re gonna find her scrounging around in it at 2 o’clock in the morning if you’re not careful.