Solomons Bridge Jumper

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I get that, but why assume the worst in a person and all the "what ifs" to justify lack of compassion? :shrug: So far the facts are, someone took their own life and people are mad they had to take the 231 bridge instead of Solomon's bridge. :ohwell: I don't think the person was thinking of this, other than he really wanted to commit suicide and go out the most dramatic way possible. You only live once, if you decide to go out, some people want to go out with a bang maybe or something versus a simple sleep with pills. I don't know but all the facts we know so far is this poor soul did NOT kill a bunch of school kids first, the person did NOT rob a bank and kill someone else or a clerk or kill a kid buying a Slurpee. He simply snapped and couldn't handle life, I think if it was premeditated he may have figured out another way. I think he just snapped and gave up on life. .. jmtc LYMI

But you don't know any of that. You're just assuming it of a complete stranger.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Guilty until proven innocent. Sounds like you have great character.

I am admitting that I know nothing about this guy or his motivation. You can define character according to your own mores, which seem to include jumping to conclusions and guessing things you know nothing about.

RidgeChick

Death in any form is traumatic. I try to think of my audience, when I post. Would I want his family/co-workers to have their pain increased by thoughtless remarks? Years ago one of my friends had a son who was killed in a car accident. The photo on the front page of a local rag magazine showed the truck, with his legs hanging below the closed driver's door. Every person who knew this person, who worked with him, went to school with him, his cousins, friends, aunts,uncles, brothers... they all saw this while waiting in line in the grocery store, in the local 7-11.... So I try to think, "is this necessary???" before I post/say stuff. I just think we need more kindness. and I sincerely hope my lovely community here - where I have grown up - my family for generations has lived and raised families -- I just hope we aren't losing decentness, kindness, compassion. but from some of these horrible comments, I am afraid that is exactly what is happening.....

4ps

Amen! There was still a life lost, and at least YOUR family members came home tonight. It's a sad time...because someone lost HOPE.

cricketmd

But you don't know any of that. You're just assuming it of a complete stranger.

Really? If he had held up a bank first or killed a kid buying a slurpee or killed kids in a school setting, trust me, we would have heard about it by now and you know this. I know you IRL... you are egging this on. :lol: To me it seems like someone was suffering from depression and lack of knowledge or even caring enough to try to help themselves through it. The person more than likely has loved ones that are suffering and asking.. why? why? and stuff... :shrug: Yes inconsiderate if you have people that love you, but maybe the person couldn't see that and thought that low of themselves that they were unlovable and a burden to their family or something. I don't know but I will say a pray for the person and his family.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Really? If he had held up a bank first or killed a kid buying a slurpee or killed kids in a school setting, trust me, we would have heard about it by now and you know this. I know you IRL... you are egging this on. :lol: To me it seems like someone was suffering from depression and lack of knowledge or even caring enough to try to help themselves through it. The person more than likely has loved ones that are suffering and asking.. why? why? and stuff... :shrug: Yes inconsiderate if you have people that love you, but maybe the person couldn't see that and thought that low of themselves that they were unlovable and a burden to their family or something. I don't know but I will say a pray for the person and his family.

Honest question here, Adam Lanza went into a school and killed all of those kids and teachers after killing his own mother and then killed himself. Should we feel bad for him?

This was all over the news, just like the person jumping from the bridge is here on the forums. Don't attack me, it's just an honest question.

Rt235

I'm sure there will be posts about the tragic/sad/hurtful/financial/personal reasons that "drove" (pun intended)this poor soul to attempt to take their life.

Orrrrr....

How about knowing the "signs" (another TJ bridge pun intended) that foretell thoughts of suicide and ask for help. Or suck it up, realize that yes, life is tough, we all face demons/battles/heartache/despair/sadness each and every day.

And yes, I have had a close person commit suicide. I hate him for it now, he never got to meet my son, who was going to be his god child, all over a chick. Selfish bastard.

I have no sympathy for someone that does this, I don't give a fvck what the situation is/was.

There, I'm done now. Back to pissing people off in the Religion forum

Obviously you failed to see his pain and neglected to reach out out him to get help. So much for being a "close" friend! And look how much control he STILL has over you now for you to state you hate him and call him a selfish bastard.
Pretty smart guy to hook you in for the rest of YOUR life!!!
Such a wonderful momma you must be...NOT!!!:killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I fully admit I have no idea why he jumped. I can't be any clearer than that. I was not accusing or disparaging him at all - I know nothing zip zero nada about him.

My grandfather killed himself in a very thoughtful and planned out manner rather than go the distance with his Alzheimers. We, the family, thought it was the bravest thing we'd ever heard of anyone doing. It was his last gift to his wife, to not have to watch him waste away for years, and he was horrified at the thought of her having to care for him.

So... :shrug: People don't always kill themselves because they're momentarily depressed.

cricketmd

I fully admit I have no idea why he jumped. I can't be any clearer than that. I was not accusing or disparaging him at all - I know nothing zip zero nada about him.

My grandfather killed himself in a very thoughtful and planned out manner rather than go the distance with his Alzheimers. We, the family, thought it was the bravest thing we'd ever heard of anyone doing. It was his last gift to his wife, to not have to watch him waste away for years, and he was horrified at the thought of her having to care for him.

So... :shrug: People don't always kill themselves because they're momentarily depressed.

I agree and that's why I said, maybe he felt like a burden on his family (for whatever reason). Sorry about your grandfather :huggy:

RidgeChick

Honest question here, Adam Lanza went into a school and killed all of those kids and teachers after killing his own mother and then killed himself. Should we feel bad for him?

This was all over the news, just like the person jumping from the bridge is here on the forums. Don't attack me, it's just an honest question.

There is no comparison in these 2 situations. None.

mitzi

I think they should put up a couple diving boards so they could try for a triple lindy.

If you are going, go big!!!!

Maybe they were practicing for the show "Splash". I know mean and I'll probably be punished. I do feel for their family though.

cricketmd

There's a difference between being deranged and homicidal versus simply suicidal. You are missing the forest through the trees. The person did NOT kill other people first, he simply tried to "check out"... and somehow if this person did kill a bunch of school kids and his mother and then jumped off the Solomon's bridge y'all would still take issue with it inconvienicing your commute and traffic. Whatever. Someone felt bad enough to try to take their own life (NOT OTHERS) and somehow he's getting compared to Adam Lanza... you can't possibly be serious. This is beyond wasting any more of my time to try to even answer to someone that cant comprehend basic facts from imaginary grandiose speculation. You unilaterally have all the answers no matter how delusional they are. Have at it!! :yay:

Rt235

Wow!!!! Is this a record?

"Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 653 (72 members and 581 guests)."

Bay_Kat

Tropical
There's a difference between being deranged and homicidal versus simply suicidal. You are missing the forest through the trees. The person did NOT kill other people first, he simply tried to "check out"... and somehow if this person did kill a bunch of school kids and his mother and then jumped off the Solomon's bridge y'all would still take issue with it inconvienicing your commute and traffic. Whatever. Someone felt bad enough to try to take their own life (NOT OTHERS) and somehow he's getting compared to Adam Lanza... you can't possibly be serious. This is beyond wasting any more of my time to try to even answer to someone that cant comprehend basic facts from imaginary grandiose speculation. You unilaterally have all the answers no matter how delusional they are. Have at it!! :yay:

Not comparing, contrasting. I'm saying they both took their own lives, but in different ways. No matter what, they both left behind grieving families, whether it was their own or someone else's.

MMM_donuts

I think it takes a lot of balls to commit suicide in a way that is nearly sure to succeed. That's a kind of commitment that amazes and shocks me, boggles my mind.

I mean, it's not like the jumper gets to hide in the back of their own funeral and say "Ha, I knew it! You DO care!" They are really gone. Removed from the equation. Forever. With no more opportunity to ever right any wrongs or turn things around. It's so final. All hope is gone.

Last edited:

cricketmd

Not comparing, contrasting. I'm saying they both took their own lives, but in different ways. No matter what, they both left behind grieving families, whether it was their own or someone else's.

Well, there is this huge blind eye you are taking towards unobjectively comparing the two.
One is a Villan - he kills others then himself, the other is a Villan painted in the same stroke of the brush, because he (tragically to you) holds up traffic on account of his death... you can't be serious. At least I would hope not. This could have been your brother, your father, your uncle or your son. How would you have felt? Please answer, its a valid question. :smile:

Last edited:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Well, there is this huge blind eye you are taking towards unobjectively comparing the two.
One is a Villan - he kills others then himself, the other is a Villan painted in the same stroke of the brush, because he uneventfully holds up traffic on account of his death... you can't be serious. At least I would hope not. This could have been your brother, your father, your uncle or your son. How would you have felt? Please answer, its a valid question. :smile:

In all honesty I would have been angry as hell. Not for the traffic, or the other inconveniences, but for the sheer fact that they would not get help. I've known people that have had suicidal thoughts and have almost gone all the way with it, but they got help and it never came to the point that I would have to grieve due to a suicide.

mamatutu

mama to two
One is a Villan - he kills others then himself, the other is a Villan painted in the same stroke of the brush, because he (tragically to you) holds up traffic on account of his death... you can't be serious. At least I would hope not. This could have been your brother, your father, your uncle or your son. How would you have felt? Please answer, its a valid question. :smile:

I get what you are saying. The TJ Bridge jumper took their own life, and no one else's. Lanza took others' lives before he took his own. There is no comparison here, whatsoever. Apples and oranges, to say the least. I am in awe how this thread exploded, and what has been said here; good and bad.

I do want to add that we don't know the whole story, and there could be more to it, as it unfolds. We don't really know what the "jumper" did before he/she jumped. I hope nothing. Also, I think that something like this incident is so unnerving to our relatively tranquil, beautiful place in which we live; that people react impulsively to a tragic incident that comes out of nowhere, and want to act out, because they don't know how to handle it. Human reaction is a very curious and fascinating thing. No offense meant, or pun intended, but there is a lot of back paddling going on in this thread, now.

Last edited: