Someone answer this question..

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Thats why I love you..you are so good with words...and you rode the "CALM" one..you need to ride Vence..Ask Giddy she rode him one time...1/2 way around the ring and I had to run in and catch her..:lmao: Need lots of arm to handle that boy and quick quick he is..

I think Vence and I would kick each other's asses, you know how I expect my stallion to act around other horses. Though I have to admit that when I've been around him he's been very well behaved and super sweet.

Jose was very good too, I just wouldn't put a beginner on him. I wouldn't put a beginner on Peanut either, even though he's more likely to just stop and be like "dude, you have no idea what you're doing...get off.":otter:

devinej

yahhh paso is not being mean and she is not kidding about her race car horses. there are many types of horses like there are many types of dogs. slow quarter horses are like your dopey chocolate lab, golden retriever types (for the most part). pasos are like your high strung neurotic jack russels. haha not really, but they remind me of scared bunny rabbits. you have to know what you are doing. its like a row boat vs. a speed boat. seriously.

quartermom

Low & Slow
Kain, Paso really isn't being mean. Her horses are hot and gaited. She gave a pretty good comparision when she mentioned race cars. Her horses take really quick little steps and are "hot"...think like a jack russell versus a st. bernard.

That jack russell is HYPER, HYPER, HYPER, right? Meanwhile a St. Bernard is big and lazy. Sure with long legs he could run fast if he wanted, but basically he lumbers. Pasos are kind of like Jack Russells. Paso, no insult intended!!

I've ridden one of her pasos, he's a sweetie, but not for a beginner. Sometimes and can be difficult for non-gaited horse to ride with them. The gait is between the normal gaits of a horse. It's slower than my big guys trot, but faster than his walk.

Paso and the rest of the gang are TERRIFIC people to go out riding with and they'll help anyone, but her horses aren't good for beginners to ride out on the trail.

Very well explained!:yay::yay:

FrmGrl

Get some!
I off roaded with paso once and a tree branch almost took off my leg :lmao:. Those horses are not for beginners. A nice, bombproof horse is what a beginner needs.

Tazgirl

You guys could easily slow down for her. Don't let your race car egos ruin you. :huggy:

The horses they ride do not have a slow pace. I have ridden with these peeps for a season, I love them and I love riding with them but I keep going :otter:. If you are not prepared to :otter: then you shouldn't go with them.:lmao: My horse is gaited but he is more like a gaited St. Bernard so he does have a medium slow pace but when with the others he flies....:buddies:

Last edited:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
, but they remind me of scared bunny rabbits. you have to know what you are doing..

I like that...scared little rabbits darting one way then the next..and peeps tell me I have great pasos..:killingme I am wondering what others are riding..you should have ridden Condesa she was like a fire breathing dragon ...nice mare..

I off roaded with paso once and a tree branch almost took off my leg :lmao:. Those horses are not for beginners. A nice, bombproof horse is what a beginner needs.

:rolleyes: I did yell BRANCH...:lmao:

mingiz

Horse Poor
yahhh paso is not being mean and she is not kidding about her race car horses. there are many types of horses like there are many types of dogs. slow quarter horses are like your dopey chocolate lab, golden retriever types (for the most part). pasos are like your high strung neurotic jack russels. haha not really, but they remind me of scared bunny rabbits. you have to know what you are doing. its like a row boat vs. a speed boat. seriously.

:pete: Are you calling my Fat Pony a Dopey chocolate lab????? Hey QM she's calling our good ole QH's DOGS:smack: Those damn tally ho peeps.....:killingme:lmao:

j/k luv ya Devine....:love:

2baymares

I got this pm..someone answer it..I don't want to give her the wrong answer... :lmao:

[QUOTE:gossip:]I'm sending a pm because I feel my question is going to turn out to be a stupid one and I didn't want to ask it in front of everyone else......do you have to be experienced to ride with you guys? I've never even taken a class.
[/QUOTE]

Tell her "It helps" and then have her sign a release form. I'll bring the camera.
:popcorn:

:lmao::lmao:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Actually I am thankful to have a handful of NICE riding Pasos...I feel the breed has many problems and scared owners being the biggest part. They are truly misunderstood... :lmao:

mingiz

Horse Poor
Actually I am thankful to have a handful of NICE riding Pasos...I feel the breed has many problems and scared owners being the biggest part. They are truly misunderstood... :lmao:

Very true.:buddies: if your a good rider and can read your horse, you'll have a good ride....Even though I never rode gaited until I rode one of Paso's mares and even though she was a B at the time we got along great! Had a wonderful ride on her and had her looking like a QH but the time I was done.....:lmao:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Very true.:buddies: if your a good rider and can read your horse, you'll have a good ride....Even though I never rode gaited until I rode one of Paso's mares and even though she was a B at the time we got along great! Had a wonderful ride on her and had her looking like a QH but the time I was done.....:lmao:

BUT you know horses and can listen..its peeps that clinch with their legs and pull on their mouth...I am sure that is why Jose' had the reputation he had when I got him...sold cheap because he threw off the last 2 riders that rode him..I bought him sight unseen..signed the waver that he was a wild man..and I love that damn horse..so so calm and good to deal with..and NEVER any problems for me or anyone that I have let ride him..but I only let a few peeps ride him..Devine...Phyxius..Farmgirl..Peeps with some since that can listen..

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
NEVER any problems for me or anyone that I have let ride him..but I only let a few peeps ride him..Devine...Phyxius..Farmgirl..Peeps with some since that can listen..

:huggy: I a peep with some sense! Wait 'til I tell my momma. :lmao: :huggy:

Jose reminds me a bit of my QH mare. She's terrific until someone gets on her and PRETENDS that they know what they're doing. She teaches 'em real quick that they know nothing. Of course if you get on and don't know what you're doing but act real nice, she'll listen to ya...mostly. I've had little kids and non-horsey adults ride her with no problem.

Wow, I sound unusally redneck-y today.

Last edited:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
BUT you know horses and can listen..its peeps that clinch with their legs and pull on their mouth...I am sure that is why Jose' had the reputation he had when I got him...sold cheap because he threw off the last 2 riders that rode him..I bought him sight unseen..signed the waver that he was a wild man..and I love that damn horse..so so calm and good to deal with..and NEVER any problems for me or anyone that I have let ride him..but I only let a few peeps ride him..Devine...Phyxius..Farmgirl..Peeps with some since that can listen..

Me too?:shrug:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Me too?:shrug:

Yeah you too biatch..I forgot :huggy: I even let you ride Jose' I think you were the first person I let ride him after I got him..I wanted to see if he would throw your skinny english ass like he did the girls in SC :buddies:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Yeah you too biatch..I forgot :huggy: I even let you ride Jose' I think you were the first person I let ride him after I got him..I wanted to see if he would throw your skinny english ass like he did the girls in SC :buddies:

And lucky for me he didn't.:lmao: He was a good boy. I felt priviledged!:buddies: I would let you ride Sadie-monster too if you wanted!