Sonic...

It's everywhere. I bought $70 something worth of stuff at Target. Gave the "not a teenager" cashier a fifty, a twenty and a ten. She couldn't figure out how much I gave her to enter into the register.

Tell ya what, tho. Next time, if there is one, I get a small instead of a medium. My ears are buzzing. My blood sugar must be over 1000 right now.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
It's everywhere. I bought $70 something worth of stuff at Target. Gave the "not a teenager" cashier a fifty, a twenty and a ten. She couldn't figure out how much I gave her to enter into the register.

Why give $ 80 instead of the $70 it cost?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Seems to be a common thing...so many chain restaurants and franchises that I routinely encounter as well-run and predictable-quality operations everywhere else I travel throughout the country are often - more often than not - very poorly run right here in SOMD. Weird. One or two I wouldn't call a trend...but hell, it's MOST of them. SOMD is the only place I ever saw a totally screwed up Cracker Barrel open, example.

I have observed the exact same thing. Is there something in the water there?

Kinnakeet

We all know it is Bamas and the dem's fault as they are trying to destroy this country 1 thing at a time just didnt think it would start with ketchup...smh:drool:

awpitt

Main Streeter
Seems to be a common thing...so many chain restaurants and franchises that I routinely encounter as well-run and predictable-quality operations everywhere else I travel throughout the country are often - more often than not - very poorly run right here in SOMD. Weird. One or two I wouldn't call a trend...but hell, it's MOST of them. SOMD is the only place I ever saw a totally screwed up Cracker Barrel open, example.

I've noticed these problems all over in my travels, not just SoMD. You shouldn't let your bias against SoMD taint your observations. Having said that, I go to Sonic regularly and have not experienced the problems that have been described here. Maybe they like me.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've noticed these problems all over in my travels, not just SoMD. You shouldn't let your bias against SoMD taint your observations. Having said that, I go to Sonic regularly and have not experienced the problems that have been described here. Maybe they like me.

I travel nonstop for a living. My comments were based on nothing but direct observation. No more..no less. If anything, I'd be more likely to try and excuse local businesses....and even have on occasion. I'm biased in favor of local businesses ....you failed presumption aside.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I travel nonstop for a living. My comments were based on nothing but direct observation. No more..no less. If anything, I'd be more likely to try and excuse local businesses....and even have on occasion. I'm biased in favor of local businesses ....you failed presumption aside.

Nope.

I travel as well and I can say that the "making change" issue exists all over. Same with the customer service level. The cash registers do all the thinking so the employee doesn't. The only retailers who can count change are pizza delivery people and that's because they don't have the luxury of having a cash register to do it for them.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Nope.

I travel as well and I can say that the "making change" issue exists all over. Same with the customer service level. The cash registers do all the thinking so the employee doesn't. The only retailers who can count change are pizza delivery people and that's because they don't have the luxury of having a cash register to do it for them.

LMAO..OK..I was actually talking about the food quality, not making change. The former is why we go to any particular place....or don't; the latter just a sorry debacle everywhere regardless.

awpitt

Main Streeter
LMAO..OK..I was actually talking about the food quality, not making change. The former is why we go to any particular place....or don't; the latter just a sorry debacle everywhere regardless.

Food quality issues aren't limited to SoMD either.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Food quality issues aren't limited to SoMD either.

*sigh*

You win..sheer obtuseness has a quality all it's own. Enables you to be a)100% right all the time and b) completely miss points..often. Like this time.

SamSpade

Should have went to Bruster's.

I don't see the attraction for that place, except that in this area, it's one of a kind - the only place to go to a walk up or drive through for ice cream, made on the premises.

Beyond that, the ice cream is way too sweet, and horrendously overpriced. I can buy about the most expensive ice cream from a store and STILL beat what they charge.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I don't see the attraction for that place, except that in this area, it's one of a kind - the only place to go to a walk up or drive through for ice cream, made on the premises.

Beyond that, the ice cream is way too sweet, and horrendously overpriced. I can buy about the most expensive ice cream from a store and STILL beat what they charge.

*bummer*....I've yet to stop by there but always mean to someday. LOL..now you've gone and ruined it for me. ;-p

stgislander

PREMO Member
It's not just Sonic. To this day if my wife and I are heading out of the county on Rt5, we bypass McDonald's in Leonardtown and stop at the one in Charlotte Hall because the service has been traditionally bad in Leonardtown. They may have great service now, but old habits are hard to break.