Southern County Youth Football & Cheerleading

Just Me

youthfootball said:
What is everyones thoughts on giving St. Mary's a New League???

Please visit at www.southerncountyyouthfootball.com

I'm sure some people will welcome it. Personally I don't think there are enough kids and or resources to start another one up, let alone finding refs. for the games.

Why can't I download any information about weight limits. etc. ?

It's always nice to see a website for a kid program that has a disclamer:

"Warning: eteamz is not responsible for the contents of files uploaded by its members. Download at your own risk."

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
Just Me said:
I'm sure some people will welcome it. Personally I don't think there are enough kids and or resources to start another one up, let alone finding refs. for the games.

Why can't I download any information about weight limits. etc. ?

It's always nice to see a website for a kid program that has a disclamer:

"Warning: eteamz is not responsible for the contents of files uploaded by its members. Download at your own risk."
:yeahthat:
I cannot understand where they will find fields to play on

thrasher

Thank you very much for starting a new league!! Everybody in St. Mary’s co. really needed it. Like in baseball there are chooses i.e. baseball: little league/babe Ruth/ select etc. now we all have that in football, the greatest game ever. I have coached for 6 years and it is time to play this game fair with the kids coming first NOT the coaches. I have told my son and he can’t wait to play for the Ravens, Ray Lewis is his favorite player. If you need anything let me know, I can get it!!!! :

K

Kain99

Well I listen to T-Bone and Heather... Lemme tell ya'll sumpin! We NEED a new league. Crazy psycho running the current one is running it into the ground.

So... I vote yes! I done heard all about that guy! :killingme

Comet65

Locations?

Just checked out your website - wondering you have the team names but no locations listed? Where will this league be playing at? Might be helpful for parents thinking about joining. Thanks!

smilin

BOXER NATION
thrasher said:
looks like they must have posted the locations; i see them on the main page now.

Southern County Youth Football Teams

Lexington Park Raiders
Lexington Park Patriots

Hollywood Ravens
Hollywood Falcons

Charlotte Hall Chiefs
Charlotte Hall Bills

Looks like the leagues are going to have to share the available fields. Interesting concept - cooperation.

youthfootball

smilin said:
Southern County Youth Football Teams

Lexington Park Raiders
Lexington Park Patriots

Hollywood Ravens
Hollywood Falcons

Charlotte Hall Chiefs
Charlotte Hall Bills

Looks like the leagues are going to have to share the available fields. Interesting concept - cooperation.

I have met with Parks & Rec. and the fields have been secured for the New league.... The Playing and practice fields will not be an issue...

www.southerncountyyouthfootball.com

GhostWriter

Parents thinking of joining the new league.

Before joining this new league, please beware that this league is not established like the Pigskin League is. It requires a lot of time and dedication to make a football league work and even if this league does work, they will have the same type of issues as Pigskin or any other league around the world has.

The new league needs to come clean with what the expect, like traveling out of the county weekly just to play a different team.... were will they get the necessary equipment from to provide the children with safe gear. Also they advertise that the new league will not require concessions of fund raisers, the pigskin league gives a lot of the fund raiser money back to the team for the year end party, will the new league provide money for the team party at the end of the year or will the parents need to come out of pocket for that, either way you slice it sell pizzas or give money at the end of the year it all works out the same. Playing fields is a big question, maybe they are not doing conessions because they have no fields to play at.

Enough said, just beware that this new league as a lot of questions to answer.

slotted

GhostWriter said:
Before joining this new league, please beware that this league is not established like the Pigskin League is. It requires a lot of time and dedication to make a football league work and even if this league does work, they will have the same type of issues as Pigskin or any other league around the world has.

The new league needs to come clean with what the expect, like traveling out of the county weekly just to play a different team.... were will they get the necessary equipment from to provide the children with safe gear. Also they advertise that the new league will not require concessions of fund raisers, the pigskin league gives a lot of the fund raiser money back to the team for the year end party, will the new league provide money for the team party at the end of the year or will the parents need to come out of pocket for that, either way you slice it sell pizzas or give money at the end of the year it all works out the same. Playing fields is a big question, maybe they are not doing conessions because they have no fields to play at.

GhostWriter, why don't you attend the meeting in January. I'm sure many of your questions will be answered.

nomoney

GhostWriter said:

All of which will work itself out in the first year or so. Even the pigskin league had to start somewhere from scratch.

slotted

nomoney said:
All of which will work itself out in the first year or so. Even the pigskin league had to start somewhere from scratch.
I've been told by a good friend of the guy starting the league that fields are worked out, and equipment is taking care of. It's all hearsay now, but I trust the guy, and will be at the meeting in January if I'm not on travel.

GhostWriter

thrasher said:
The way I see it is when Southern County Football has 4 to 6 teams per age group in 06'. Pigskin will be traveling and with less teams they dont need all those fields.

OK
You will be lucky if you get 3 teams per age group, pigskin supported atleast 8 teams per age group and still played some teams twice. There's no way this league will generate that many registrations, where will all of this registrations come from??????, the only registrations the new league will get are going be from the pigskin league and that number will be low.

So if you get three teams that means the same game every other week, the kids would really enjoy that. Believe me you will be traveling.
Sorry.........

nomoney

GhostWriter said:
OK
You will be lucky if you get 3 teams per age group, pigskin supported atleast 8 teams per age group and still played some teams twice. There's no way this league will generate that many registrations, where will all of this registrations come from??????, the only registrations the new league will get are going be from the pigskin league and that number will be low.

So if you get three teams that means the same game every other week, the kids would really enjoy that. Believe me you will be traveling.
Sorry.........

Why all the negativity?

PrepH4U

GhostWriter said:
OK

Sorry.........
Yep you are probably right no one from the ghetto south would ever think of leaving the pigskin league! :sarcasm: