Southern County Youth Football & Cheerleading

youthfootball

PrepH4U said:
Yep you are probably right no one from the ghetto south would ever think of leaving the pigskin league! :sarcasm:

I can promise you the New League will treat everyone the same no matter what zip code you live in. It is all about the childern not where you live or who you know. I look foward to seeing everyone of you at our meeting..

thrasher

GhostWriter said:
OK
You will be lucky if you get 3 teams per age group, pigskin supported atleast 8 teams per age group and still played some teams twice. There's no way this league will generate that many registrations, where will all of this registrations come from??????, the only registrations the new league will get are going be from the pigskin league and that number will be low.

So if you get three teams that means the same game every other week, the kids would really enjoy that. Believe me you will be traveling.
Sorry.........

OK WE TRAVEL, WE HAVE HAD 3 HOME GAMES A YEAR FOR THE LAST 6 YEARS AND HAVE TRAVELED THE REST. WHATS THE DIFFERECNCE! MY KIDS ONLY WORRY ABOUT A GAME THAT IS CALLED FARE AND WILL TRAVEL THE GREAT STATE OF MARYLAND TO GET IT.

smilin

BOXER NATION
Well Youthfootball, you certainly have touched all the bases, touched a few sensitive nerves and seem to be ready to go.
Congratulations! I wish you well and expect to see you in January at your meeting, probably along with quite a few dirgruntled or curious parents too.

youthfootball

smilin said:
Well Youthfootball, you certainly have touched all the bases, touched a few sensitive nerves and seem to be ready to go.
Congratulations! I wish you well and expect to see you in January at your meeting, probably along with quite a few dirgruntled or curious parents too.

Can't wait to see everyone there.

BigRed

youthfootball said:
The Osprey's has nothing to do with Southern County Youth Football, nor does Pigskin football..

Did anybody say they did??

Butyou're wrong in the sense that niether one of them have anything to do with your new league. In fact, your new league is going to rely very heavilly on what people think about Pigskin.

I'm sorry if I have problems with you. Everything seems to be such a secret with you, and you just keep repeating the same thing over and over.

If this league makes it for more than a year....and if by some chances manages to be around as long as Pigskin, it will have the same problems...they only way to eliminate most of those problems is to keep the parents away from the games.

And no, I won't be at your meeting

youthfootball

BigRed said:
Did anybody say they did??

Butyou're wrong in the sense that niether one of them have anything to do with your new league. In fact, your new league is going to rely very heavilly on what people think about Pigskin.

I'm sorry if I have problems with you. Everything seems to be such a secret with you, and you just keep repeating the same thing over and over.

If this league makes it for more than a year....and if by some chances manages to be around as long as Pigskin, it will have the same problems...they only way to eliminate most of those problems is to keep the parents away from the games.

And no, I won't be at your meeting

There are know secrets you are more then welcome to call me at 301-862-4155 or visit our web site.. southerncountyyouthfootball.com

youthfootball

smilin said:
I see your coaches are going to be NYSCA certified.

All Coaches must have a background check performed and Be certified by NYSCA before they will be able to work with any childern. NO EXCEPTIONS..

reelsdeals

I don't understand the animosity towards someone who is willing to devote their time, effort and enthusiasm towards an effort to having another option for our children to play football. Why down someone for trying to make change? Everyone should be patting him on the back, thanking him for taking the initiative to do this. Why has it taken so long for this change to come about? Because no one else wanted to take on the responsibility of forming a new league. I know him personally and he is a stand up guy and isn't being secretive. There are reasons things are being done the way they are and if you attend the meeting, then you will understand all this. This new league isn't being formed to put out Pigskin, compete with them or anything like that. It is another outlet to let our children compete and have fun, what's wrong with that? I will be coaching and look forward to working with the founder and coaching the kids. Seeing the kids come from not knowing what a football is to being able to run complicated plays and compete is awesome and I can't wait. Look forward to seeing everyone next month when we have our meeting.

reelsdeals

And, if anyone else hasn't stated previously, thank you for taking your time and efforts in forming this new league. I've told you that in person before, but again, thanks for all you are doing to help this effort.

slotted

youthfootball,
Will there be video of the meeting? Or possibly more meetings in the following months. I will be going on travel on the 18th through the end of the month and won't make January's.

youthfootball

We will be holding our meeting on Feb. 10th... Check out our web site tonight I will be posting the location & time on the web site..

youthfootball

MEETING:
Date: Feb. 10th 2006
Time: 7:00p.m. - 10:00p.m.
Location: Chancellor's Run Regional Park. The Teen Center Bldg.
Address: 21905 Chancellors Run Rd. Great Mills, Md. 20634

This meeting is open to the public however, space is limited to 150 people. Due to limited space, we are asking childern not to attend. We will be discussing the new league in detail. www.southerncountyyouthfootball.com

Equipment & Uniforms will be on display at the meeting...

Please come out and join us....

smilin

BOXER NATION
Invite for Feb. 10th

youthfootball said:
Please join us for our meeting....

Visit www.southerncountyyouthfootball.com

Thanks for the invite.
I don't understand all the hostility either. It seems to me that if someone decides to start something they think will work better than what's existing, you should say thanks. Not crucify them for trying to improve things. Competiton usually improves and clears up who's doing a better job, it certainly does'nt look like anyone is hiding anything. Refreshingly there are no threats, name calling or any lawsuits being thrown around, just an open invitation to see what's going on.
Maybe this has brought out some concern that the existing league is going to lose out and may not be around if it can't change and improve. I would think the existing league would open it's arms to the new league just to get rid of all the parents, the morons who don't know anything and people critical of their league. You can't be scared of a challenge. If you get scared then maybe there is room for improvement and change.
If you don't like it, (ignore it and) get over it, if you're curious or want to get involved, show up on Feb 10th.
People should get off their soap boxes and open up their minds a little. :yay:

Last edited:

smilin

BOXER NATION
I just noticed that there may be a misconception that your new league is only going to be in the Southern part of the county.
In fact the new league has fields promised to it throughout St. Marys. I pointed out to a few people that you have fields in Charlotte Hall and Hollywood.