Southern Maryland closed restaurants

This is really more of a "opening again soon" post...but I'm looking forward to the restaurant at Dennis Point Marina re-opening this coming year. I know the food will finally be good there again.:yahoo:

That was Torpedos? I didn't know they had closed. Haven't been down that way in a while.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
This is really more of a "opening again soon" post...but I'm looking forward to the restaurant at Dennis Point Marina re-opening this coming year. I know the food will finally be good there again.:yahoo:
I went there about 5 years ago with a few others, I ordered the 1lb snow crab dinner, they sent half of a small crab out. I asked if that was there idea of a joke and they said that's the standard size. When I told them to take it back they said I'd have to pay for it anyways, I gave them my address so they'd know where to send the police.

stgislander

PREMO Member
In case anyone is interested, Bear Creek BBQ reopened yesterday at their new location on Rt 249 in Callaway. It's across the road from the Callaway Post Office. Take-out only. I think I'll head up there tomorrow evening. I've had a hankering for their beef brisket.

sockgirl77

In case anyone is interested, Bear Creek BBQ reopened yesterday at their new location on Rt 249 in Callaway. It's across the road from the Callaway Post Office. Take-out only. I think I'll head up there tomorrow evening. I've had a hankering for their beef brisket.

Not interested. Their food and customer service leave alot to be desired.

Hoover

Country Buffet in Waldorf is closed
Mexico Rest has moved to Loredos in White Plains
Roy Rogers has taken Arbys in La Plata

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
San Souci had an Italian place. It was something like Sardo's or Sarinellis.

The place in St. Mary's square that was a lot of different places including a stint as a watering hole called Skool Daze.

That big white house in L'town, not far from the square. Interesting place, but it wasn't around too long. It was more high end type dining.

There was an Indian place after Northridge closed. They had a nice lunch buffet. The butter chicken was pretty good.

The place in St. Mary's square that was a lot of different places including a stint as a watering hole called Skool Daze.

That big white house in L'town, not far from the square. Interesting place, but it wasn't around too long. It was more high end type dining.

There was an Indian place after Northridge closed. They had a nice lunch buffet. The butter chicken was pretty good.

When you say "That big white house in L'town", are you referring to the Sterling House, which is now the Front Porch? Isn't that still open?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
When you say "That big white house in L'town", are you referring to the Sterling House, which is now the Front Porch? Isn't that still open?

I don't live in SOMD any longer. I'm trying to recall places that were opened and closed while I was there and were not already mentioned. I do remember reading in 1 of the local newspapers that the restaurant had a significant amount of outstanding gift certificates that I believe Cafe De Artistes was going to honor.

I wasn't aware they reopened under a new name

I don't live in SOMD any longer. I'm trying to recall places that were opened and closed while I was there and were not already mentioned. I do remember reading in 1 of the local newspapers that the restaurant had a significant amount of outstanding gift certificates that I believe Cafe De Artistes was going to honor.

I wasn't aware they reopened under a new name

Yep, it originally opened as Corbel's...

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

It was something or other bistro at one time also.

abcxyz

I was there about a month ago- couldn't get a cold bottled beer to save my life. Manager asked how we were doing, I told him nicely about it and he brought me another slightly colder beer. Good Manager would have comp'ed it in my opinion. I'm not looking for free stuff but just some thing I think should have been done is all.

They were out of Crown Royal and a few of the appetizers as well. Kind of odd for a 6PM Friday night outing.

I think I just have bad luck. I went to Saphron downtown PF because of recommendations on SOMD.com and it was so-so as well. The fried chicken was awesome!

I know- must be me- but it is not, I swear. 8 people at Front Porch and 12 of us at Saphron and we all said the same thing. I caught the brunt of it because both places were my ideas.

Winners have been Jerry's Place and The Ruddy Duck.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I was there about a month ago- couldn't get a cold bottled beer to save my life. Manager asked how we were doing, I told him nicely about it and he brought me another slightly colder beer. Good Manager would have comp'ed it in my opinion. I'm not looking for free stuff but just some thing I think should have been done is all.

They were out of Crown Royal and a few of the appetizers as well. Kind of odd for a 6PM Friday night outing.j

I think I just have bad luck. I went to Saphron downtown PF because of recommendations on SOMD.com and it was so-so as well. The fried chicken was awesome!

I know- must be me- but it is not, I swear. 8 people at Front Porch and 12 of us at Saphron and we all said the same thing. I caught the brunt of it because both places were my ideas.

Winners have been Jerry's Place and The Ruddy Duck.

Being out of some things is not surprising at a local, non chain, restaurant. When you're using fresh, local ingredients, if it's not available or if you question the quality would you want to serve it? Remember this is your reputation on the line. As far as the liquor, I got nothing.

abcxyz

Being out of some things is not surprising at a local, non chain, restaurant. When you're using fresh, local ingredients, if it's not available or if you question the quality would you want to serve it? Remember this is your reputation on the line. As far as the liquor, I got nothing.

Valid point and I don't remember what it was but it was some thing I think would have been frozen. Out of local oysters, understandable. Out of frozen cocktail shrimp, not so much. Was glad we went none the less, cool house!

BernieP

Resident PIA
Valid point and I don't remember what it was but it was some thing I think would have been frozen. Out of local oysters, understandable. Out of frozen cocktail shrimp, not so much. Was glad we went none the less, cool house!

I've been to Ruby Tuesday when they have been out of something like lemons and I'm thinking, you are out of lemons and there is a Giant across the parking lot with a bin full of lemons....