Speed trap ALERT

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Woodyspda said:
Because speed kills....
Actually that's been proven false. It's a speed differential that causes wrecks. The greater the difference between one car and the flow of traffic, the more likely a collision will occur.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
hammishsqueak said:
I don't have anything against people who drive a little over the limit, but certain people will tailgate you no matter how fast you're driving.
I've noticed that it's not a speed thing with most tailgaiters. I've observed them going down the road on somebody's tail and the guy in front will turn off. The tailgater will then do almost exactly the same speed on tha clear road that they were doing while riding somebody's azz. I think it has to do with a lack of training on where you're supposed to be looking when you're driving (as far ahead as possible) and they get fixiated on the car in front of them.
On our group rides, the 2 second rule is stressed at the start of every ride. Riding staggered, 2 seconds from the guy directly in front and 1 second from the guy on the other side of the lane.

Woodyspda

karma quote:you are the idiot, whereever people are they think that the drivers are the worst, i'llbet they are just as bad where you are from. BTW, not signed cuz it pizzes you off.

all you are doing is proving my point about the rudeness factor here in SoMD.

I've travelled and lived all over the world... My insurance rate here is currently 200 higher per year compared to where I grew up and even higher than it would be if I lived in California.... which says alot. There's a reason for that..... lack of courtesy and skill.... must have something to do with not having real roads to drive on. Get a life.... if I cared about the karma I'd leave.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
aps45819 said:
I've noticed that it's not a speed thing with most tailgaiters.... I think it has to do with a lack of training on where you're supposed to be looking when you're driving (as far ahead as possible) and they get fixiated on the car in front of them.

Don't you think it has a lot to do with the popularity of NASCAR? They may believe they're drafting.

jackers

I agree. Drivers here are terrible.

When somone says that they don't have to move over from the PASSING lane, they are just flat out wrong. I am originally from Pennsylvania and they have a law that they actually enforce that says if you travel more than 3 miles in the passing lane then you get a ticket.

I think it is the best traffic law I have seen next to the ban on cell phones. Traveling slow in the passing lane does one thing, causes road rage. It is a very easy and considerate thing to do, just get over. I can't figure out for the life of me why people insist on driving slow in the passing lane.

I pay $620 every 6 months for my 03 Cobra. I pay $158 every 6 months for a 99 Tacoma that is paid off. Sounds like I have a terrible driving history, doesn't it. Well I don't. I haven't had a ticket in over 10 years and haven't been in an accident in more than 15. For comparison, in NC I paid $350 for my Cobra and a 92 Mustang, both with full coverage. That is more than twice as much.

jackers

Karma - unsigned of course
"Maryland does NOT have PASSING lanes like PA. You can't compare the two. You're not in PA anymore. Learn MD rules."

Really, so the left lane isn't used for passing in Maryland? Where do you guys come up with this crap?

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
jackers said:
Karma - unsigned of course
"Maryland does NOT have PASSING lanes like PA. You can't compare the two. You're not in PA anymore. Learn MD rules."

Really, so the left lane isn't used for passing in Maryland? Where do you guys come up with this crap?

The shoulder of the road is for passing :yay:

Richard Cranium

It's that time of the month again....nope, I'm not talking about aps or juggy being on their period either....

Several speed traps have been spotted in California and Lexington Park. Be careful out there.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Richard Cranium said:
Several speed traps have been spotted in California and Lexington Park. Be careful out there.
:jameo:
If you sissies got a bike you wouldn't have to whine about the speed traps on 235 :lol:

Nitz

SO MD PHOTO
And what a beautiful whim we submit too. Beats vanity any day of the week.
Thank you god for everything you do.