Speed trap

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Does adam robert boy young sam
still have the
frank robert edward nora charlie henry - david ida paul ?

foodcritic

235 hardly qualifies as a neighborhood. And personally, I would rather see that grant money spent on actually cracking down on unsafe driving practices such as improper lane changes, improper merges, and failures to yield. Of course, those offenses are hard to catch, and grants require numbers if you want them next year. Sorry ass catch-22. We give grants to for "aggressive driving" enforcement, but mostly all we do is catch folks going 10-12 over and make numbers for the report, we dont actually make the roads safer, except that we do sometimes catch the odd drunk or warrant.

We've covered this before, %90 of speeders are not unsafe, but its easy to prove, you make big numbers in short time, the "fish in a barrel" syndrome, and get more grant money for more overtime next year. Ive nothing against officers making bank on overtime, just wish it did more to actually catch and punish poor drivers that actually endanger others.

235 is SOMEONEs neighborhood. Agressive driving does include many of the issues you mention. However it almost always included speeding. The reality is that speeding is easier to enforce. Police pick a spot and set it up with guaranteed results. Driving around looking for bad driving (while good to do) uses lots of gas and does not guarantee the same results.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yes, 235 is the road right outside some peoples doors. So, in that way, yes, its their neighborhood. But not like Wildwood, Town Creek or even County Lakes. My point is that while speeding is almost always component in aggresive driving, many millions speed who are NOT aggresive drivers. you may ticket 50 people for speeeding, and actually catch one unsafe driver.
And I never mentioned aggressive driving, I personally dont like that term.

I prefer unsafe driving. Is the granny who merges onto 235 at 20mph, taking a mile to get up to 35 aggresive? Nope, but she causes way more danger than I would driving on 235 at 0800 Sunday at 60mph. I am glad to see you admit, like eddie did in another thread, that going after speeders is done becuase its easy and make numbers. I suppose it depends on the "results" you want. Me, I want people who drive unsafely to be always wondering if they are going to get nabbed. I know that wont happen, becuase the grants go to the numbers. and as you say, its easy to make numbers on speeders.

sockgirl77

Yes, 235 is the road right outside some peoples doors. So, in that way, yes, its their neighborhood. But not like Wildwood, Town Creek or even County Lakes. My point is that while speeding is almost always component in aggresive driving, many millions speed who are NOT aggresive drivers. you may ticket 50 people for speeeding, and actually catch one unsafe driver.
And I never mentioned aggressive driving, I personally dont like that term.

I prefer unsafe driving. Is the granny who merges onto 235 at 20mph, taking a mile to get up to 35 aggresive? Nope, but she causes way more danger than I would driving on 235 at 0800 Sunday at 60mph. I am glad to see you admit, like eddie did in another thread, that going after speeders is done becuase its easy and make numbers. I suppose it depends on the "results" you want. Me, I want people who drive unsafely to be always wondering if they are going to get nabbed. I know that wont happen, becuase the grants go to the numbers. and as you say, its easy to make numbers on speeders.

Where's Wildwood and County Lakes? :confused:

glhs837

Power with Control
Never sure about the E in Wildewood:) Mechanicsville, actually. All three have high density housing, with main drags set at 35, maybe 45 in CLs case. Lots of children riding bikes, people walking dogs, etc.

bohman

235 hardly qualifies as a neighborhood. And personally, I would rather see that grant money spent on actually cracking down on unsafe driving practices such as improper lane changes, improper merges, and failures to yield. Of course, those offenses are hard to catch, and grants require numbers if you want them next year. Sorry ass catch-22. We give grants to for "aggressive driving" enforcement, but mostly all we do is catch folks going 10-12 over and make numbers for the report, we dont actually make the roads safer, except that we do sometimes catch the odd drunk or warrant.

We've covered this before, %90 of speeders are not unsafe, but its easy to prove, you make big numbers in short time, the "fish in a barrel" syndrome, and get more grant money for more overtime next year. Ive nothing against officers making bank on overtime, just wish it did more to actually catch and punish poor drivers that actually endanger others.

AMEN!! :yeahthat:

Other than that, though, I've got no problem with cops getting some overtime. It isn't their fault - if we, the general public, have a problem with it, then we need to demand that departments hire more officers. They don't make the rules, WE do.

bohman

235 is SOMEONEs neighborhood. Agressive driving does include many of the issues you mention. However it almost always included speeding. The reality is that speeding is easier to enforce. Police pick a spot and set it up with guaranteed results. Driving around looking for bad driving (while good to do) uses lots of gas and does not guarantee the same results.

Sadly, the only guaranteed results from speed traps are revenue. The "drivers" that ignore stop signs, run red lights, fail to signal turns & lane changes, text, apply make up, read the paper, shave, pass on the shoulder and tailgate will all continue to do so.

I don't blame the cops for that - that's the way the politicians have set up the game to be played. And we elected the jerks (or failed to vote at all), so it's really our fault.

eddy1

Sadly, the only guaranteed results from speed traps are revenue.

There are no guaranteed results. There is nothing that says the revenue is guarnteed. People may beat the tickets in court. The people may just simply decide not to pay them.

I do think that the people who are speeding are some of the same people doing the other traffic violations you mentioned. If they get a ticket for speeding, it may make them think twice about their driving as a whole so they don't get another ticket.

sockgirl77

What are you five? "you're the obsessed one" nanny nanny boo boo.

I'm obsessed, lol but you find a post has nothing to do with you and comment on it. Right, you have a life.

YOU follow every thread that says cop, police, or officer in it and TRY to spew your propaganda. Right, you have a life.

eddy1

YOU follow every thread that says cop, police, or officer in it and TRY to spew your propaganda. Right, you have a life.
So you admit you are following me from thread to thread now? You seem to be reading everything I am reading? Do you know the definition of propaganda?

Evidently you don't! I have different opinions on different police related topics.

I have said when cops are wrong and said when cops are right.

vbailey

vbailey
He's talking about them gloating over the radio about the money they're making off of it.

If there were no more accidents due to speed, there would be no need for more grants, and then there would be no pay for over time, no extra money no over time pay......Guess what???
We have the power to control the cause for the grant money.....slow down....do the speed limit...

sockgirl77

So you admit you are following me from thread to thread now? You seem to be reading everything I am reading? Do you know the definition of propaganda?

Evidently you don't! I have different opinions on different police related topics.

I have said when cops are wrong and said when cops are right.

No. I click on just about every new thread and read it if the title catches my eye. And yes, I'm well aware of the definition of propaganda. I guess in your case BS is a better term.

eddy1

No. I click on just about every new thread and read it if the title catches my eye. And yes, I'm well aware of the definition of propaganda. I guess in your case BS is a better term.
You speak what you know of I speak what I know of. I don't know how I pizzed you off, but evidently I did. Either come up with something intelligent to say why you disagree with my point of view or continue to look like an azz who is stalking me. LOL, either way I don't really care.