Speed trap

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Speeding ....got ya....

On August 9, at 12:39 a.m., Timothy Wayne Carpenter, 18, of Mechanicsville was arrested by Tpr. J. S. Gibson for Possession of Marijuana.

Mr. Carpenter was a passenger in a gray Volkswagen Golf on Golden Beach Road when it was stopped at Laurel Ridge Road in Mechanicsville for exceeding the posted speed limit.

Arrest Made After Traffic Stop Reveals Drugs - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

:buddies:

:yay: Good job by the State Police. I love it when they stop someone for some small traffic violation and it ends up with something like this. I have no beef with any of them, just didn't like the conversation.

paralegalusaf

I really liked when one officer spelled out Arbys with their codes, asking if any of them wanted him to pick up anything WHILE he was earning the grant money to enforce speed. Not real smart.......

Codes? like 10-4??? or

Alpha
Romeo
Bravo
Yankee
Sierra

??? it only too 4 years working on the flightline to learn the phonetic alphabet

paralegalusaf

Your buddy said that he was on a death investigation for two hours today, so he only got four hours on the speed trap and they "needed" to eat up that grant money, but maybe he could get the two hours overtime elsewhere?

This was the chatter heard on the scanner. I didn't quite get it , but he was quite adamant about getting that overtime on the grant and he had "only written four citations and one warning and one guy was a federal employee that had tags for his boat trailer" so he let him go.

Hello??? Listening to this crap over the scanner does not make a taxpayer happy, especially when these guys could be in LP City picking up hookers and dealers. But that's just my opinion. I could NOT believe what the one cop was saying over the scanner. Not sure if it was the Sheriff's Department or State, but how friggin embarassing for whatever department it was.

Glad they spelled out "Arbys" so us dumbasses couldn't understand it. I wonder if the grant money paid for that meal?
\

There are hookers in LP, LMAO...are they meth heads...those must be the ones that frequent the Walmart better known as the place where my education level drops, unless I go first thing in the morning...they're still sleeping!

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Codes? like 10-4??? or

Alpha
Romeo
Bravo
Yankee
Sierra

??? it only too 4 years working on the flightline to learn the phonetic alphabet

alpha, romeo, etc. Took me a second to figure out he was going to Arby's, but once I did, it was kind of funny. I don't care when or where they eat or if it is free or not. It was just funny that he felt the need to broadcast that using the secret code. :lol:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
\

There are hookers in LP, LMAO...are they meth heads...those must be the ones that frequent the Walmart better known as the place where my education level drops, unless I go first thing in the morning...they're still sleeping!

You're not talking about the sisters, Nicole and ?(can't remember her name), are ya???? :lol:

paralegalusaf

You're not talking about the sisters, Nicole and ?(can't remember her name), are ya???? :lol:

I wouldn't know...I don't work in the local defense community...only the AF one lol...although, I am sure this area would keep me pretty busy as a paralegal....lol

Lexib_

Blah.. Blah...Blah
And this is any different from their usual day of work, how? They work weekends, nights, etc. They're just being forced to do radar, watch for aggressive drivers, etc etc, which they should be doing on routine patrol anyway. They were sitting on the side of 234 near MIR watching people approach and then enter and leave the bike event they had there.

IF they were working at MIR that most likely was not being paid by the state. They are there on their own time providing security It's most likely paid for by MIR. Believe it or not they also have police on the road in the north end of the county as well. Not all the police are in Lexington Park.
:popcorn:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
And this is any different from their usual day of work, how? They work weekends, nights, etc. They're just being forced to do radar, watch for aggressive drivers, etc etc, which they should be doing on routine patrol anyway. They were sitting on the side of 234 near MIR watching people approach and then enter and leave the bike event they had there.

IF they were working at MIR that most likely was not being paid by the state. They are there on their own time providing security It's most likely paid for by MIR. Believe it or not they also have police on the road in the north end of the county as well. Not all the police are in Lexington Park.
:popcorn:

they were working on a grant to catch speeders, I believe. Read the thread.