Speed trap

sockgirl77

You speak what you know of I speak what I know of. I don't know how I pizzed you off, but evidently I did. Either come up with something intelligent to say why you disagree with my point of view or continue to look like an azz who is stalking me. LOL, either way I don't really care.

P.S. I wasn't stalking you. I was stalking DR. I have a crush on his wife. :yay:

eddy1

P.S. I wasn't stalking you. I was stalking DR. I have a crush on his wife. :yay:
But for some reason you have a desire to comment on what I say about a thread when it has nothing to do with you. Then you seem to have an issue that I speak about things that I feel are important to me.

glhs837

Power with Control
If there were no more accidents due to speed, there would be no need for more grants, and then there would be no pay for over time, no extra money no over time pay......Guess what???
We have the power to control the cause for the grant money.....slow down....do the speed limit...

The problem with that is that speed isnt the main factor in most accidents.

US DOT report confirms speed not major cause of accidents — Autoblog

The NHTSA undertook a two-and-a-half year study that examined 5,471 injury accidents nationwide in order to figure out how accidents were being caused. Government researchers conducted their own evidence gathering at crash sites in order to establish a first-hand account of causation. What did they find? Among other things, that more drivers crashed as a result of crossing the center line (11%) than as a result of speeding (5%). Speeding, in this case, defined by "too fast for conditions," not necessarily above the posted limit.

See, previous studies just used report data. And officers toss speed in as a factor almot as a matter of course. But what was different here was that researchers actually went to the scenec and analyzed the crashes themselves, and interviewed the witnesses. So slowing down wont reduce accidents, not as much as correcting both driver stupidity and driver error would.

Nothing we do is going to affect the giving of grants. Heck, Calvert had a huge problem with folks entering the roadway in front of other drivers. Did they focus on cracking down on that behavior? Nope, set up a bunch of speed enforcement points.

sockgirl77

But for some reason you have a desire to comment on what I say about a thread when it has nothing to do with you. Then you seem to have an issue that I speak about things that I feel are important to me.

Well then I guess that I just have an issue with you. :shrug:

vbailey

vbailey
Thats why I said no more accidents due to 'Speed" I know accidents are caused by many "other" reasons.....but if we could cut out speed as a factor/ cause of "any" accidents by obeying the speed limit.....at least then they would not feel the need to set-up speed traps.......sometimes accidents are caused because people were not going fast enough......but there will always be a speed issue...I was just saying...

eddy1

Nothing we do is going to affect the giving of grants. Heck, Calvert had a huge problem with folks entering the roadway in front of other drivers. Did they focus on cracking down on that behavior? Nope, set up a bunch of speed enforcement points.

I get what you are saying about the speed. Don't you think though, that the people who are speeding are some of the same people doing these other things?

If that is the case, and they get a ticket for speeding, don't you think that for a period of time anyhow they are going to watch their other driving habits?

I think it makes sense. If you give people tickets for bad driving, no matter what the driving, then they are going to be paying attention to the other rules of the road in order to not get another ticket.

vbailey

vbailey
I think it is funny to hear people complain about speed traps, or getting a speeding ticket...I think most all have been there sometime..slip over the speed limit that is...it just sounds funny to fuss about it when it happens that we get caught...LOL!!!

vbailey

vbailey
Officer? Was I really going that fast? My foot must have slipped...!!
It is really no joke when people get hurt because of it....as long as there are accidents ( no matter if it was speed or other ) they will do what they can to try to prevent them..and grants will be given...

blondie4512

A cop can sit on the side of the road and watch every speed by, hookers walking up and down the road, drugs being dealt on the street and they aren't doing enough and cop could catch every speeder, every hooker and drug dealer and they are supposed to turn away and find something better to do.... The thing is, some people are just gonna find something to complain about no matter what... Your alway damned if you do and damned if you don't... Cause these complainers, the same ones that always feel the need to point out everyones incorrect grammer and everytime a cop does or doesn't catch someone, have nothing else to do but complain and whine non-stop... Sorry everyone isn't as perfect as you are... Sorry the unpaid police officers worked some overtime, and got hungry, god forbid they get hungry... They should go there full 12 hour shift and not eat just because they are on OT... Come the hell on people!!!!!! I for one am thankful for the police officer doing their job and handing out tickets to the speeders, cause its there JOB!! You never know it coulda saved your life!! If the cop didn't stop the man traveling 80 mph, down 235 they lost control went over the center line killed some innocent family, you all would be crying where in the hell are the cops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get over it already...

bcp

In My Opinion
Have fun with the speed traps. here is how I like to do it.

when I see a speed trap by the school down here, I will go about a mile or so past it, then turn around and come back with my cruise control on exactly the speed limit.
Naturally, the speed limit is not what people want to do. So you end up with the a-hole that tailgates you, does that exaggerated looking at the speedometer, waving the hands, flashing the lights etc....

now, its single lane here and really nowhere to pass, they are stuck, getting more and more pissed off as you go.

right before you get to the speed trap, but before its noticable, Pull over to the shoulder.
A-hole will almost always floor it and flip you off as he races by.. of course, in just a few moments you get to pass him again as he sits on the side of the road getting his ticket.

somethings in life are just too damn fun to pass up. that is one of them.

bcp

In My Opinion
A cop can sit on the side of the road and watch every speed by, hookers walking up and down the road, drugs being dealt on the street and they aren't doing enough and cop could catch every speeder, every hooker and drug dealer and they are supposed to turn away and find something better to do.... The thing is, some people are just gonna find something to complain about no matter what... Your alway damned if you do and damned if you don't... Cause these complainers, the same ones that always feel the need to point out everyones incorrect grammer and everytime a cop does or doesn't catch someone, have nothing else to do but complain and whine non-stop... Sorry everyone isn't as perfect as you are... Sorry the unpaid police officers worked some overtime, and got hungry, god forbid they get hungry... They should go there full 12 hour shift and not eat just because they are on OT... Come the hell on people!!!!!! I for one am thankful for the police officer doing their job and handing out tickets to the speeders, cause its there JOB!! You never know it coulda saved your life!! If the cop didn't stop the man traveling 80 mph, down 235 they lost control went over the center line killed some innocent family, you all would be crying where in the hell are the cops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get over it already...
:yahoo::jerry:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I wasn't upset with the speed trap at all, more so the comments being made over the scanner by one of the officers. :shrug:

eddy1

:buddies:
:smoochy:
:love:
:yahoo:

eddy1

I wasn't upset with the speed trap at all, more so the comments being made over the scanner by one of the officers. :shrug:
While I would admit if they said some of the things you said it is inappropriate. However, to complain about them getting a meal. WTF? Do you eat at work?

bcp

In My Opinion
While I would admit if they said some of the things you said it is inappropriate. However, to complain about them getting a meal. WTF? Do you eat at work?
I dont.

But, I dont care if they do. Matter of fact, as little as they get paid for what they are willing to do, I would be ok with them getting a food voucher for every shift they worked.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08

I wasn't complaining about them getting a meal. I just thought it was inappropriate for him to say that. They all have phones and use them all the time. Why broadcast that over the scanner when he could have pulled over when he was at Arbys and called them? And I say "pulled over" because, unless there is some emergency that cannot be broadcast, I think it is unsafe to drive while on a cell phone.

glhs837

Power with Control
Thats why I said no more accidents due to 'Speed" I know accidents are caused by many "other" reasons.....but if we could cut out speed as a factor/ cause of "any" accidents by obeying the speed limit.....at least then they would not feel the need to set-up speed traps.......sometimes accidents are caused because people were not going fast enough......but there will always be a speed issue...I was just saying...

Your mistake here is that theres a connection between the type of accidents and the enforcement action. As Ive shown, and the officers have agreed, speed enforcement is whats mostly done becuase speed enforcement is easy and gets "results", meaning a large number of citations issued per officer hour invested.

My only complaint with "speed traps", which term btw, Ive heard makes officers laugh, since they dont trap anyone into speeding, is that I think we would be better off using those man-hours going after folks commiting other, more dangerous offenses. I do get the occasional ticket, but Ive never received one I didnt deserve, and dont complain about them.

eddy1

I dont.

But, I dont care if they do. Matter of fact, as little as they get paid for what they are willing to do, I would be ok with them getting a food voucher for every shift they worked.

:buddies:
Sorry can't smooch you.
sorry, I can give love...but some man hetrosexual love
:yahoo: