Speeding Solomons VFD Truck at PRAD

T

toppick08

I'm soooo sorry. Please take this time to return to the land of "overblown egos". If you volunteer, THAT'S GREAT! You are providing a community service at the expense of your time, which I find no problem with. The vfd is a great organization, but similar to other organizations, you do have your bad apples. The vfd in such a high position in the somd area should also take special precautions to weed out said "bad apples" who are ruining their reputation! All companies/organizations strive to keep a good image, but with speeding/wreckless fire trucks, people are noticing!

You pay for your co./org., for time on the intranet ?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Folks. This is an example of a very self-centered attitude.

Too bad the VFD/Rescue Squad can't find a way to put your address on the do not respond list. Then again, even if they did have a way, I doubt they would do it because that's not the type of folks they are.

Unless she forgot to pay her fire protection fee..

keepsmiling

It's their choice to volunteer! I do not owe them anything

No you don't owe them anything, nor do they expect it.

Why don't you take the time to get to know your local fire station family. I think you would see a whole different light in the situation.

But I am beginning to think you have been a firefighter and/or EMT. Maybe you've been kicked out for something you have done that you shouldn't have. Just last week I heard on the scanner a local fire station was having a problem with a person they had expelled from their station in the parking lot acting stupid, cops were called.

I just cannot believe the average citizen feels this way about our volunteers. They are all we have.

frequentflier

happy to be living
This may not be the place for it....but we just had an incident that we were a minute away from calling the Volunteer Fire department. Had the crock pot on all day (collards and black eyed peas :yum:), the dish washer had been running, had a huge pot of artichokes on the stove. Heard a pop, smelled and saw smoke. It smelled like an electrical fire. Couldn't figure out the source and hubby checked out the breaker box to see if anything had been tripped. Everything was fine. Unplugged everything and checked all appliances out. Moved the fridge and heard the compressor turn on. Smelled more smoke and heard arcing and the compressor was on fire! Unplugged fridge. I am grateful we have a spare fridge in the basement and a good neighbor that let us store some frozen goods for a day or so. Need to shop for a new fridge tomorrow! I guess my point is, you never know when you are going to need the VFD or EMS. I am truly grateful we were home and could figure out the source; without losing everything we have.

dgates80

Land of the lost
Heard a pop, smelled and saw smoke. It smelled like an electrical fire. Couldn't figure out the source and hubby checked out the breaker box to see if anything had been tripped. Everything was fine. Unplugged everything and checked all appliances out. Moved the fridge and heard the compressor turn on. Smelled more smoke and heard arcing and the compressor was on fire! .

Was the damndest thing, we were very very lucky tonight. I was checking the outlets for burned wires when the fridge compressor kicked on -- and I literally saw the arcing and then it caught fire right there in front of me. The flame was small -- maybe 4 inches -- but was getting bigger fast. Arcing stopped when I pulled the plug and then the flame quickly self-extinguished -- while I was grabbing for the fire extinguisher that we keep under the sink. (Ya'll DO have a couple of those around the house, right?????)

If I had not been there it probably would have gotten much bigger. There is a fiberboard cover on the back on the compressor section that would have been fuel, then the wall, then the house. Sheesh! I just could not BELIEVE what I was seeing!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Was the damndest thing, we were very very lucky tonight. I was checking the outlets for burned wires when the fridge compressor kicked on -- and I literally saw the arcing and then it caught fire right there in front of me. The flame was small -- maybe 4 inches -- but was getting bigger fast. Arcing stopped when I pulled the plug and then the flame quickly self-extinguished -- while I was grabbing for the fire extinguisher that we keep under the sink. (Ya'll DO have a couple of those around the house, right?????)

If I had not been there it probably would have gotten much bigger. There is a fiberboard cover on the back on the compressor section that would have been fuel, then the wall, then the house. Sheesh! I just could not BELIEVE what I was seeing!

Your house would have probably been lost if you weren't home.

What brand refrigerator??

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Kenmore. Probably 7 years old. Always kept the coil and underneath it clean (no major dust bunnies)

I'd report it..

This shouldn't have happened, and I would be real concerned if I had that Brand and Model in my house. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night until I replaced it.

Consumer Reports would be a GREAT place to report this (to include pictures)

And don't throw away the parts.. I would HOPE someone would want to see them and investigate the cause.

You may just save a life, or an entire family..

Last edited:

frequentflier

happy to be living
I'd report it..

This shouldn't have happened, and I would be real concerned if I had that Brand and Model in my house. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night until I replaced it.

Consumer Reports would be a GREAT place to report this (to include pictures)

And don't throw away the parts.. I would HOPE someone would want to see them and investigate the cause.

You may just save a life, or an entire family..
Actually, I think we purchased this new when we moved here 5 years ago. The guy that owns the local Sears stores must have loved us...we bought ALL new appliances- washer/dryer, stove, fridge, dehumidifier, 2 televisions, riding lawnmower, barbq grill and generator. You're right, itsbob, this should not have happened. I am grateful we were here when it did.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Redemption! THank you!

THAT was BEYOND Ignorant..

I hope they find the person that was driving the firetruck and cite him for reckless endangerment.

Any ONE of those little kids could have darted out in the road and not a damn thing the driver could have done.

Stupid, Stupid Stupid.

A possible core meltdown at Calvert Cliffs wouldn't have been a good enough reason to be driving like that.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Actually, I think we purchased this new when we moved here 5 years ago. The guy that owns the local Sears stores must have loved us...we bought ALL new appliances- washer/dryer, stove, fridge, dehumidifier, 2 televisions, riding lawnmower, barbq grill and generator. You're right, itsbob, this should not have happened. I am grateful we were here when it did.

I hope you did report it.

I don't know WHO you would report it to, but someone needs to know, and tell everyone else that owns the same one.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I hope you did report it.

I don't know WHO you would report it to, but someone needs to know, and tell everyone else that owns the same one.

I think my husband reported it to Consumers reports; which is where we usually research items before purchasing them.