Stanley cup playoff

B

Beaver-Cleaver

Well you either adjust to network schedules or you don't get on the air. The NHL has no bargaining room, cuz the market is pretty small. Nobody gives a crap if they see the games. They're worse off than NASCAR.

"They're worse off than NASCAR." :killingme

I guess every sport, minus the NFL, is in dire straights right now, because NASCAR consistently gets higher ratings than MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, PGA and all the other crap ESPN airs. Why do you think ESPN and FOX paid massive wads of cash to get rights to air the races?

Beta84

They're out to get us
"They're worse off than NASCAR." :killingme

I guess every sport, minus the NFL, is in dire straights right now, because NASCAR consistently gets higher ratings than MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, PGA and all the other crap ESPN airs. Why do you think ESPN and FOX paid massive wads of cash to get rights to air the races?

everyone competes for a single NASCAR event, so every single fan watches one race. all the other sports (besides the PGA) have viewership split up amongst several teams. major difference. most of those other sports have bigger followings than NASCAR.

B

Beaver-Cleaver

everyone competes for a single NASCAR event, so every single fan watches one race. all the other sports (besides the PGA) have viewership split up amongst several teams. major difference. most of those other sports have bigger followings than NASCAR.

:killingme You'd be amazed how popular NASCAR is. Just because the mainstream media doesn't talk about it like they do baseball and basketball doesn't mean nobody follows it. In fact, almost every NASCAR broadcast this year scored higher ratings than MLB, NBA, PGA, MLS and all the other televised sports minus the NFL. Even on cable, NASCAR draws in more viewers than all of those mentioned stick and ball sports. :roflmao:

B

Beaver-Cleaver

everyone competes for a single IndyCar Series event, so every single fan watches one race (The Indianapolis 500). all the other sports (besides the PGA) have viewership split up amongst several teams. major difference. most of those other sports have bigger followings than IndyCar Series.

:fixed: so you don't look like a dumb ass.

Ever hear of Sunday Night Baseball? :doh:

B

Beaver-Cleaver

Back on subject now that Beta's been handed his glass of STFU, go Red Wings. :cartwheel

Beta84

They're out to get us
:fixed: so you don't look like a dumb ass.

Ever hear of Sunday Night Baseball? :doh:
You mean that night of baseball where 2 of 30 teams play a game, where you get 2 of 30 teams fans watching plus a handful of other diehards? Yeah...don't watch it unless my Marlins are on :yay:

Back on subject now that Beta's been handed his glass of STFU, go Red Wings. :cartwheel
Except you didn't bother reading my argument that NASCAR has 1 race a week with all of the racers participating, which draws most of the fans to a single viewing...leading to higher ratings :dork:

NASCAR is a southern thing. The others are much more national. :yay:

B

Beaver-Cleaver

You mean that night of baseball where 2 of 30 teams play a game, where you get 2 of 30 teams fans watching plus a handful of other diehards? Yeah...don't watch it unless my Marlins are on :yay:

You're missing the point.

Except you didn't bother reading my argument that NASCAR has 1 race a week with all of the racers participating, which draws most of the fans to a single viewing...leading to higher ratings :dork:

Why doesn't the NBA All Star Game (which features all of their superstars in the same game) get higher ratings than the Daytona 500? :dork:

NASCAR is a southern thing. The others are much more national. :yay:

That's why the two NASCAR Sprint Cup races in New Hampshire are the biggest, highest attendance sporting events in all of New England? That's why Chicagoland Speedway has a higher turnout than the Chicago Bears? Or why 400,000 go to the Brickyard 400? :killingme

NASCAR is a national sport. :dork:

Baz

This. ------------------>
Yeah they ruined the league when they changed the rules to allow little girls like Cindy Crosby to skate around and not be touched without being called for a penalty. GO WINGS GO

:lol:

Such the Flyers fan.

The NHL started to enforce rules already in the rulebook. Dinosaurs like the Flyers haven't adjusted, and then cry about it when they try to push goon hockey like it's the 1970's.

Baz

This. ------------------>
Hockey needs NBC ..... It's the least popular professional sport!

NBC should be a non-player. I'm sick of Bettman thinking they need to grow the sport. Frak that. The NHL makes enough money to stay alive, pay players, put on a national network of tv fans, and thrive. 4th sport? Fine. Baseball sucks a$$ with more viewers. Who cares. NBA sucks. Who cares?

NBC shows what? A total of 20 games per season, if that? Screw 'em.

Cater to the fans, not the "potential" fans.

B

Beaver-Cleaver

NBC should be a non-player. I'm sick of Bettman thinking they need to grow the sport. Frak that. The NHL makes enough money to stay alive, pay players, put on a national network of tv fans, and thrive. 4th sport? Fine. Baseball sucks a$$ with more viewers. Who cares. NBA sucks. Who cares?

NBC shows what? A total of 20 games per season, if that? Screw 'em.

Cater to the fans, not the "potential" fans.

I agree with Baz. Instead of junking up this thread, I'll post another thread.

Peter Forsberg

:lol:

Such the Flyers fan.

The NHL started to enforce rules already in the rulebook. Dinosaurs like the Flyers haven't adjusted, and then cry about it when they try to push goon hockey like it's the 1970's.
Yeah make room for the girls on skates. Take the one thing out of the game that everybody wants to see the fights. I think it is hilarious that the interferance rule dramatically changed when Cindy and Ovie came into the league. Makes you wonder. God I wish the Caps were still in our division oh but then who would Carolina play? Last time I checked Cindy is the biggest baby in the NHL.

Last edited: