Stanley cup playoff

B

Beaver-Cleaver

While I'm at it, I'd like to think NBC for deciding their crappy, not-funny, mediocre primetime lineup is more important than the Stanley Cup. :smack: I'd also like to thank Gary Bettman for letting a crappy network (NBC) dictate when the series plays their games when Versus (a fantastic network) is more than willing to air the games any night of the week. :smack:

Black-Francis

While I'm at it, I'd like to think NBC for deciding their crappy, not-funny, mediocre primetime lineup is more important than the Stanley Cup. :smack: I'd also like to thank Gary Bettman for letting a crappy network (NBC) dictate when the series plays their games when Versus (a fantastic network) is more than willing to air the games any night of the week. :smack:

One word......Money, dipchit!

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I must admit to feeling a certain amount of evil glee at this one since Marian Houssa (who played for the Penguins last year) went to the Red Wings for less money because he though he had a better chance at winning a Stanley Cup with them instead of the Penguins.

So, in your face, Houssa, you quitter, you!!

NOW, I feel better! :diva:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I must admit to feeling a certain amount of evil glee at this one since Marian Houssa (who played for the Penguins last year) went to the Red Wings for less money because he though he had a better chance at winning a Stanley Cup with them instead of the Penguins.

So, in your face, Houssa, you quitter, you!!

NOW, I feel better! :diva:

I view that a bit differently. Houssa was not, obviously, playing for just the money. He took less to try and do what he thought was best to get a cup. He took less to try and win.

I can't fault that. Randy Moss did it to be in New England.

I actually admire it. I like stories where it's not just about the money. :buddies:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I view that a bit differently. Houssa was not, obviously, playing for just the money. He took less to try and do what he thought was best to get a cup. He took less to try and win.

I can't fault that. Randy Moss did it to be in New England.

I actually admire it. I like stories where it's not just about the money. :buddies:

It's a loyalty thing with me. Instead of staying and trying a little bit harder to make his team the best since they got that close to winning it all, he jumped ship to go with what he thought were proven winners, hoping to ride to victory on their coat-tails. To me, seems like a selfish wish to take the easy way out.

Then again, I've always been a sucker for the underdogs! :lmao:

Baz

This. ------------------>
Crosby is a classless punk. He decided not to shake hands after game seven.

Typical Flyer Liar/Cryer.

I watched him shake Zetterberg's and Coach Babcock's hands. Babcock even called him a true leader in the line.

Cryers/Wings whining about the handshake line. :lol:

Last edited:

Baz

Attachments

• Cros shake.jpg
    Cros shake.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 39

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Someday I will see posts about game winners where all is good and the losers don't whine about how circumstances conspired against them and that is why they lost, or people don't show them the respect they deserve, or the other guy caught a lucky break, or...:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:.

Someday, there will be jobs for everyone who wants one, food for all who are hungry, money for those who need it....

Someday, pigs will fly....

Forsberg, don't bother rooting for any Pennsylvania teams -- you shame my home state with your conduct.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Crosby is a classless punk. He decided not to shake hands after game seven.

way to say something without really knowing what happened. :clap:

Crosby denied it, some people saw him shaking hands, and the dude was friggin hurt. Boo hoo if he couldn't shake hands when he shoulda been in the locker room anyway. Nothin like Lebron James and his whiney little stunt.

Peter Forsberg

Someday I will see posts about game winners where all is good and the losers don't whine about how circumstances conspired against them and that is why they lost, or people don't show them the respect they deserve, or the other guy caught a lucky break, or...:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:.

Someday, there will be jobs for everyone who wants one, food for all who are hungry, money for those who need it....

Someday, pigs will fly....

Forsberg, don't bother rooting for any Pennsylvania teams -- you shame my home state with your conduct.
Shame your state HAHA give me a break.:blahblah::blahblah:

Last edited:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Shame your state HAHA give me a break.:blahblah::blahblah:

That's the best you've got? Lame, dude, lame.

...and you STILL didn't mention your source of information for the trash...

Oh well...I won't hold this against the Phillies--- after all, teams don't choose their fans, fans choose their team.

Beta84

They're out to get us

Oh well...I won't hold this against the Phillies--- after all, teams don't choose their fans, fans choose their team.

I think there was an article on ESPN that originally questioned whether Crosby shook hands, but Forsberg's reading comprehension sucks because it didn't definitively say much...just that Detroit was complaining. Obviously, another article came out right after (and long before the dumbazz posted) refuting the first one.

Peter Forsberg

You wish you were as dedicated a Philly fan as me. Hey Cindy you think you can move out of Marios house now and growup?

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Sidney himself said he was pulled aside to do interviews, etc. and that many of the Wings had left the ice while he was celebrating :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: As CAPTAIN of the winning team, Sid should have made it his first priority to go out and shake hands with the losing team. Instead, he made excuses. :smack:

Baz

So basically while some Wings (Franzen, Osgood, Zetterberg, Coach Babcock, others) were able to shake Crosby's hand, Draper, Lidstrom and others were in a bit more of a hurry to get back to the locker room.

How dare Sid not accomodate the plans of Draper (and pals) to skate away in shame as fast as they could! If they wanted to shake Sid's hand, it's obvious they could have. The other Wings had the opportunity. Nice way to try and deflect the obvious questions by creating a controversy where there is none.

Maybe he's really crying about the fact that Sid was being interviewed and congratulated after winning the Cup, maybe? The loser does not dictate the winner's timing to the handshake line.

I noticed the stark difference between how the Penguins behaved after losing to the Wings last year compared to the Wings actions this year. This year, it seems certain Wings couldn't get off the ice fast enough. Last year, the Penguins hung around to give the Wings their moments of celebration, shook hands, and then they all stayed on the ice and applauded the fans in the stands. After that, they eventually skated off to the dressing room.

Maybe some of the Wings did this individually Friday night.