Stanley cup playoff

B

Beaver-Cleaver

With the stupid schedule the NHL went with to appease NBC, your confusion is understandable. FYI: If the Penguins win tonight, Game 7 won't be played until Friday.

What makes it even more stupid is that they had them open the series with a back-to-back, and 3 games in 4 days.

If I were Commish, I would have told NBC the NHL was going to have a game every other night, and if they don't like it, too frakking bad. If NBC doesn't want to cover the SCF on certain nights, slide the games over to Versus who would love to broadcast 'em.

I'd rather see 'em all on Versus, anyways.
No Pierre McGuire. :shutup:

For once I agree with you.

B

Beaver-Cleaver

Game 7 is on Friday Night :boo: -- guess I'll have to DVR the game. :ohwell:

capsfan78

I'm XRATED
What makes it even more stupid is that they had them open the series with a back-to-back, and 3 games in 4 days.

If I were Commish, I would have told NBC the NHL was going to have a game every other night, and if they don't like it, too frakking bad. If NBC doesn't want to cover the SCF on certain nights, slide the games over to Versus who would love to broadcast 'em.

I'd rather see 'em all on Versus, anyways.
No Pierre McGuire. :shutup:

Bettman is all about the bottom dollar, and not the sport. NBC pays better then VS, so if they tell the NHL we can only put you on this night and that night, Bettman won't think twice about doing it.

He will ruin the league. What is going on in Phoenix is a perfect example.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Bettman is all about the bottom dollar, and not the sport. NBC pays better then VS, so if they tell the NHL we can only put you on this night and that night, Bettman won't think twice about doing it.

Umm, he already ruined the league

Black-Francis

Hockey needs NBC ..... It's the least popular professional sport!

Beta84

They're out to get us
I agree, but he is setting a precedence that the league will adjust to the networks schedule. Once that is in place, it will stay that way.

Well you either adjust to network schedules or you don't get on the air. The NHL has no bargaining room, cuz the market is pretty small. Nobody gives a crap if they see the games. They're worse off than NASCAR.