Stanley cup playoff

Peter Forsberg

So basically while some Wings (Franzen, Osgood, Zetterberg, Coach Babcock, others) were able to shake Crosby's hand, Draper, Lidstrom and others were in a bit more of a hurry to get back to the locker room.

How dare Sid not accomodate the plans of Draper (and pals) to skate away in shame as fast as they could! If they wanted to shake Sid's hand, it's obvious they could have. The other Wings had the opportunity. Nice way to try and deflect the obvious questions by creating a controversy where there is none.

Maybe he's really crying about the fact that Sid was being interviewed and congratulated after winning the Cup, maybe? The loser does not dictate the winner's timing to the handshake line.

I noticed the stark difference between how the Penguins behaved after losing to the Wings last year compared to the Wings actions this year. This year, it seems certain Wings couldn't get off the ice fast enough. Last year, the Penguins hung around to give the Wings their moments of celebration, shook hands, and then they all stayed on the ice and applauded the fans in the stands. After that, they eventually skated off to the dressing room.

Maybe some of the Wings did this individually Friday night.
Ahh a little more understanding now.

Peter Forsberg

Sidney himself said he was pulled aside to do interviews, etc. and that many of the Wings had left the ice while he was celebrating :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: As CAPTAIN of the winning team, Sid should have made it his first priority to go out and shake hands with the losing team. Instead, he made excuses. :smack:
:yay:

L

Libertarian

Well, I am a Caps fan that was rooting against the Pens all along, but I must admit they deserved the win. They played well and beat the defending champs in Hockeytown. Savor the success of your team while you can. The truth is at the end of the season, unless we have a financial stake in our favorite team, regardless of which team finishes on top we still have the same amount of money in out pockets, we still have the same jobs, and altogether our lives do not change. The only difference is that some of you now get to proudly display "City of Champions" bumperstickers on your vehicles. Quite frankly, that is not enough to make me jealous. Still, I congratulate you.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Dumb@ss if you were a real hockey fan you would be keeping an eye on your Minor league prospects.

That has nothing to do with it being put in the wrong thread. This isn't a "lets talk hockey" thread, this is a "Stanley Cup Playoff" thread. :doh:

B

Beaver-Cleaver

That has nothing to do with it being put in the wrong thread. This isn't a "lets talk hockey" thread, this is a "Stanley Cup Playoff" thread. :doh:

It's more on topic than some of the threads you and some of your pals have hijacked. :yay:

B

Beaver-Cleaver

Oh look, there's Andy. Having Andy pop up in a discussion is the internet equivalent of stepping in dog crap.

So, Bandwagon...where was the thread about the Calder Cup?

Are you going to call the Secret Service? :pete: