Star 98.3, WKIK and 97.7 “The Bay.”

Agee

One of the good things about my usual 4 PM - 8 PM shift at Lowe's is NO Hambone and Pleather on the radio.
Thirty years in the county, and I would think I speak for many that just want a cool wake your ass up and get moving radio staion with bumping music to get your day started... Somebody with a wad of capital please!

CPUSA

Thirty years in the county, and I would think I speak for many that just want a cool wake your ass up and get moving radio staion with bumping music to get your day started... Somebody with a wad of capital please!
I listen to 100.7 for this...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

We have the best radio station here in PCB, BOB-FM. You get Weezer, followed by Tom Petty, followed by Queen, followed by LL Cool J.....all good songs, no bad ones, no genre. It's like they created their playlist especially for me.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My shop radio is tuned to 107.5.....the weekly morning Swap Shop show gets me going every day. ;-p

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Don't get me wrong. That was NOT a compliment. It is merely the highlight of a completely lackluster programming lineup.
Just before COVID hit "The Bay" had a survey taker at one of the local stores. When asked my opinion of the programming, my answer: "Offensively inoffensive."

We have the best radio station here in PCB, BOB-FM. You get Weezer, followed by Tom Petty, followed by Queen, followed by LL Cool J.....all good songs, no bad ones, no genre. It's like they created their playlist especially for me.
SOMD.com radio station was my all time favorite. Came away with new love for Bill Kirchen and Toots and the Maytals because of you!

Fixed ‘Maytals’ because spellcheck changed to Mayans :jet:

Last edited:

Agee

I've been in the CPUSA camp forever with those two. To StGislanders point, have to admit I've softened my stance a bit and applaud T-B and H's dedication to the area providing public service and a music platform of which I doubt they have much input. Same old Cube radio next to the bed of 25 years set to the either 97.7 or 98.3.

Thrilled, I still don't mind hitting the snooze @ 0500 and waking to some oldie a few minutes later to send the feet to the floor...

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I've been in the CPUSA camp forever with those two. To StGislanders point, have to admit I've softened my stance a bit and applaud T-B and H's dedication to the area providing public service and a music platform of which I doubt they have much input. Same old Cube radio next to the bed of 25 years set to the either 97.7 or 98.3.

Thrilled, I still don't mind hitting the snooze @ 0500 and waking to some oldie a few minutes later to send the feet to the floor...
They sure could use a change in the genre line up on 97.7. It's like on a continuous loop. If you listen all day, you will notice the same songs repeat several times. After a while you start to think, really, playing it again? Maybe they'll order a new package soon since everything is prearranged and delivered via digital. This is why automation sucks. And why booth T and Heather are obese cows. Sitting an clicking a mouse buttons while computers do the work.

stgislander

PREMO Member
If I may ...

They sure could use a change in the genre line up on 97.7. It's like on a continuous loop. If you listen all day, you will notice the same songs repeat several times. After a while you start to think, really, playing it again? Maybe they'll order a new package soon since everything is prearranged and delivered via digital. This is why automation sucks. And why booth T and Heather are obese cows. Sitting an clicking a mouse buttons while computers do the work.
Using this line of thinking, likely every small to mid-sized town radio personality or DJ is an obese cow.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
M
If I may ...

Most stations are like that now no matter the genre. I'll listen to 102.7 out of Baltimore, which is supposedly adult hits heavy on Classic Rock, and they play Gwen Stefani's song Hollaback Girl (Classic Rock my rosy red ass) and Live and Let Die about four times a day.

As a note to Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert is orders of magnitude hotter than Gwen. And Blake, like you, she also always looks like she needs a shower.