Steelers @ Ravens.....

DuffMan

Should be a great defensive game....I would have to give the edge to the Ratbirds....they are at home and Ben has taken more shots to the mouth in his career than Jenna Jameson....but Pitt's defense is nothing short of outstanding and should force Horseface (Flacco) into making some mistakes....All of that said, I could never pick the Ravens to win a game so I'll say Pittsburgh 17 Ratbirds 10

:killingme

It's going to be a good game! Don't think Flacco won't take a few shots himself.

S

snoots

The parallel gamblers and advertisers universe that the NFL occupies will cement the obvious - Ravens -2. Lay the points on the Ravens.

Dukesdad

$hit.. I'm out of town for business and the 3:00 meeting to discuss tomorrow mornings meeting has been moved to 4:00

Man, I thought the call earlier in the game when they gave Pittsburgh a first down on the 30 was bad. But, the reversal they just made might have been worse. How was that a touchdown? How could you conclusively overturn the call on the field? Guess what NFL shows will be talking about all week.

Rael

Supper's Ready
Man, I thought the call earlier in the game when they gave Pittsburgh a first down on the 30 was bad. But, the reversal they just made might have been worse. How was that a touchdown? How could you conclusively overturn the call on the field? Guess what NFL shows will be talking about all week.

I saw that play as a TD all the way. Possession, both feet down. I didn't know what all of the hoopla was about. :cheers:

BuddyLee

Football addict
I saw that play as a TD all the way. Possession, both feet down. I didn't know what all of the hoopla was about. :cheers:
My initial call would have been a touchdown but I didn't clearly see the ball touching the goal-line. Could have gone either way.

My initial call would have been a touchdown but I didn't clearly see the ball touching the goal-line. Could have gone either way.

That's the point - if the call could have gone either way, then the call on the field has to stand. In my opinion, there was no where near conclusive visual evidence that the ball was breaking the plane of the goal line when the receiver had possession and two feet down.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Great game. Not really sure if that last play was a touchdown or not. It was that close.

...call on the field; short, no TD. Review, NO WAY there is enough to over rule. No way. Plus, there's time and a play to go from there. Plus it's at Baltimore. Plus they KNOW they screwed up by calling a total bull#### make up personal foul on the kicker for a little push.

BAD CALL. Bad game by the refs. They were totally inconsistent on the arm bar holding calls and they blew that one running play where the Ravens stopped 'em short.

Damn shame to RUIN an excellent football game. The LAST thing you want is the refs interjecting themselves like that. TERRIBLE.

BuddyLee

Football addict
That's the point - if the call could have gone either way, then the call on the field has to stand. In my opinion, there was no where near conclusive visual evidence that the ball was breaking the plane of the goal line when the receiver had possession and two feet down.
I guess they saw something, some other angle that we did not.

My initial call would have been touchdown. I think they were not calling it a TD at first to be safe.

BuddyLee

Football addict
...call on the field; short, no TD. Review, NO WAY there is enough to over rule. No way. Plus, there's time and a play to go from there. Plus it's at Baltimore. Plus they KNOW they screwed up by calling a total bull#### make up personal foul on the kicker for a little push.

BAD CALL. Bad game by the refs. They were totally inconsistent on the arm bar holding calls and they blew that one running play where the Ravens stopped 'em short.

Damn shame to RUIN an excellent football game. The LAST thing you want is the refs interjecting themselves like that. TERRIBLE.
It's just like any other game. There are always going to be missed calls. There was a lot in this game that they didn't call on both sides, they just let them play for the most part.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Great game. Not really sure if that last play was a touchdown or not. It was that close.

I wanted the steelers to win..but I am shocked that call was overturned. Usually something that close, they stick with the call on the field.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

It's just like any other game. There are always going to be missed calls. There was a lot in this game that they didn't call on both sides, they just let them play for the most part.

...a hold in the middle of the third quarter is one thing. To over rule a call that decides the game is insane stupid. They, the refs, were covered! The man on the field makes the call, bam, not enough to overturn. Steelers ball on the 1" line. HUGE decision. Let the players DECIDE the damn game.

HORRIBLE call.

BuddyLee

Football addict
...a hold in the middle of the third quarter is one thing. To over rule a call that decides the game is insane stupid. They, the refs, were covered! The man on the field makes the call, bam, not enough to overturn. Steelers ball on the 1" line. HUGE decision. Let the players DECIDE the damn game.

HORRIBLE call.
I think the players did decide the game. These teams didn't go up and down the field and yet the Steelers marched all the way down with only three minutes remaining. According to the officials and booth they scored a TD. Do you have the zoom vision to prove your position?:eyebrow:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

I think the players did decide the game. These teams didn't go up and down the field and yet the Steelers marched all the way down with only three minutes remaining. According to the officials and booth they scored a TD. Do you have the zoom vision to prove your position?:eyebrow:

...I have the call on the field, the circumstance and the integrity of the game.

HORRIBLE decision.