Steelers @ Ravens.....

Maybe you should give Roger Goodell a call.:yay:

I don't think he needs too. Goodell is probably already sitting with his head in his hands shaking his head thinking, 'what was that official thinking?' :lmao:

I could maybe see them leaving the call a touchdown if it had been called that way on the field - but I don't see how they can justify overturning the call of no touchdown.

B

Beaver-Cleaver

that was...

... THE WORST call ever.

Even worse than the "Goalie interference" call in the Caps-Cryers SCP series last year.

Axl

New guy's opinion.

I think they went with WR rules on that. If that pass went to the sidelins, the WR could catch the ball out of bounds if his feet were in bounds. If the RB runs the ball, his feet can be on the 2 yardline, but the ball has to cross. So I think if you go by WR rules, it's a TD.

They overruled the call on the field, so somone must know rules we don't.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
New guy's opinion.

I think they went with WR rules on that. If that pass went to the sidelins, the WR could catch the ball out of bounds if his feet were in bounds. If the RB runs the ball, his feet can be on the 2 yardline, but the ball has to cross. So I think if you go by WR rules, it's a TD.

Did BL tell you he loves the Raiders? :buddies:

Btw, the Steelers won, who gives a flying fk about all the calls, bad or good! :yay:

Axl

I'm not saying it shoudnt have been a touchdown. I'm just giving my opinion of why the referres called it the way they did. Different rules for WRs and running the ball in.

BuddyLee

Football addict
New guy's opinion.

That's what ESPN just reported. I didn't even know about that rule.

So the official made the right call. It's merely controversial because nobody knew the rule.

So the official made the right call. It's merely controversial because nobody knew the rule.

That's interesting. If that's the case, then there's a lot of people who didn't know the rule - not the least of which are Chris Collinsworth and the commentators on NBC. I wonder when the last time it came into play was.

Axl

I didn't know it was a rule either. I just guessed.

BuddyLee

Football addict
That's interesting. If that's the case, then there's a lot of people who didn't know the rule - not the least of which are Chris Collinsworth and the commentators on NBC. I wonder when the last time it came into play was.
Well, that's no surprise with Colinsworthless and Olbernutt.

Well, that's no surprise with Colinsworthless and Olbernutt.

The guys on NFL Network were just talking about it. Mariucci and Eisen think the ball needs to cross the plane of the goal line. Deion Sanders said he just needed to have his two feet down in the end zone. :lmao:

Axl

I'ts a play that's likely to not happen very often if you think about it.

I'm a big football fan, and I can't recall the last time I've seen a play like that. If that throw was to the sideline, nobody would have questioned the TD, after reveiw. I just thought it made sense. After the overrule.

I'm a big football fan, and I can't recall the last time I've seen a play like that. If that throw was to the sideline, nobody would have questioned the TD, after reveiw. I just thought it made sense. After the overrule.

Yeah, that's the only way the overrule would make sense - otherwise, it was a horrible call.

BuddyLee

Football addict
The guys on NFL Network were just talking about it. Mariucci and Eisen think the ball needs to cross the plane of the goal line. Deion Sanders said he just needed to have his two feet down in the end zone. :lmao:
Yeah, just saw that. Even they don't know.:lol:

BTW, ESPN just replayed it again. Said the same thing about some little known rule.

Axl

Maybe that means that just some part of the play has to cross the goalline. Two feet. Or the nose of the football. No matter. It was called a touchdown, after a over rule. Steelers won an excellent game.

Last edited:
NBC just showed a clip of John Harbaugh saying that the side judge confirmed to him that the ball did have to cross the plane of the goal line.

Last edited: