Steelers @ Redskins

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Actually if you dissect the statement, I referred to a "mystery" (anything that is kept secret or remains unexplained or unknown). It is clear in MM's statement that what remains unexplained is why Samuels gets in yet Fletcher does not.

Pardon me for quoting MM's entire post and not just the phrase "I can't for the life of me figure out how he gets in the pro bowl every year... and a guy like Fletcher has never been...."

...lawyers.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Fletcher hasn't been to the pro-bowl becasue he's not as flashy as some MLB's :raylewis:

Fletcher is actually a much better linebacker than Lewis. Over 100+ tackles every single season. Stellar play every year. Never missed a game. Never injured. Super Bowl ring.

Best free-agent pick-up in a long...long time.:yay:

I think he finally gets in this year.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Fletcher hasn't been to the pro-bowl becasue he's not as flashy as some MLB's :raylewis:

Fletcher is actually a much better linebacker than Lewis. Over 100+ tackles every single season. Stellar play every year. Never missed a game. Never injured. Super Bowl ring.

Best free-agent pick-up in a long...long time.:yay:

I think he finally gets in this year.

...let's not get carried away, here.

Fletcher is having a pro bowl season in my view. However, he also had many years in St. Louis getting pushed around. He's matured and grown into a fantastic MLB. However, Ray didn't 'grow' into it. He just showed up great.

BuddyLee

Football addict
...let's not get carried away, here.

Fletcher is having a pro bowl season in my view. However, he also had many years in St. Louis getting pushed around. He's matured and grown into a fantastic MLB. However, Ray didn't 'grow' into it. He just showed up great.
Oh, I disagree immensely.

Tackles aren't noted until the 2001 season for both.

London Fletcher

Lewis has had an up-and-down career but garners all the flashy attention to make up for it. He's also benefitted from better defensive teams, especially at defensive line. Fletcher only produces, no matter what. With the Rams, with the Bills, with the Skins. Over 100 tackles every single season. That's not getting pushed around, that's doing your job.

Ray Lewis

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Oh, I disagree immensely.

Tackles aren't noted until the 2001 season for both.

London Fletcher

Lewis has had an up-and-down career but garners all the flashy attention to make up for it. He's also benefitted from better defensive teams, especially at defensive line. Fletcher only produces, no matter what. With the Rams, with the Bills, with the Skins. Over 100 tackles every single season. That's not getting pushed around, that's doing your job.

Ray Lewis

...look, this is like the Samuels business; don't take my word for it. Take the word of the people they play with...and against.

Ray Lewis as a rookie over Fletcher as a rookie looking for 10 years out of them is no contest; Lewis.

BuddyLee

Football addict
...look, this is like the Samuels business; don't take my word for it. Take the word of the people they play with...and against.

Ray Lewis as a rookie over Fletcher as a rookie looking for 10 years out of them is no contest; Lewis.
Popularity contests don't mean jack unless you're voting for the pro-bowl.:ohwell:

T

toppick08

:high5: