Steelers @ Redskins

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
...oh for crying out loud. The guy has been reliable, solid, sometimes great and, if nothing else, solid AND he doesn't go to the pro bowl without the support of the people he plays against.

:coffee:

Uh..Mr. Gude...I was speaking about London Fletcher.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Uh..Mr. Gude...I was speaking about London Fletcher.

...here is what you quoted;

A few friends and I have been discussing this for as long as he has been in the league... He is probably the most over rated lineman in the NFL, and I can't for the life of me figure out how he gets in the pro bowl every year... and a guy like Fletcher has never been....

...that you agreed with.

:tap:

:razz:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
...here is what you quoted;

...that you agreed with.

:tap:

:razz:

Actually if you dissect the statement, I referred to a "mystery" (anything that is kept secret or remains unexplained or unknown). It is clear in MM's statement that what remains unexplained is why Samuels gets in yet Fletcher does not.

Pardon me for quoting MM's entire post and not just the phrase "I can't for the life of me figure out how he gets in the pro bowl every year... and a guy like Fletcher has never been...."

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
That was a great game!!! The Steelers D looked great. How can the Skins start their fisrt two drives inside the Steelers 35 and only come away with 6 points. I think that is what set the tone for the game. It was a good defensive battle on both sides of the ball. Not to take anything away from the Skins, but Pittsburgh wanted it more. And what was up with the crowd, it looked like a Steelers home game.:killingme

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

I'll tell you what, though...
I still had hope for a miracle down to, probably, 54 seconds left I think it was :lol:

Shoot, I was jumping out of my seat when we almost got a safety like, 2 downs straight :lmao:

Defense gets a :yay: from me, offense had something to be desired...but we had a few key people hurt so it is what it is. Campbell needs to pick it up against the tough defenses when he can't rely on Portis to get the defense expecting run and then bust out a big pass...as we saw, some defenses are going to be able to stop Portis (especially when he's hurt :ohwell:)

Gwydion

I'll tell you what, though...
I still had hope for a miracle down to, probably, 54 seconds left I think it was :lol:

Shoot, I was jumping out of my seat when we almost got a safety like, 2 downs straight :lmao:

Defense gets a :yay: from me, offense had something to be desired...but we had a few key people hurt so it is what it is. Campbell needs to pick it up against the tough defenses when he can't rely on Portis to get the defense expecting run and then bust out a big pass...as we saw, some defenses are going to be able to stop Portis (especially when he's hurt :ohwell:)

:bigwhoop::bigwhoop::bigwhoop:
Skins suck.

:duel:

Pete

Repete
Boy and I got tickets from Catt and went to our first Monday Night Football game. Thank you! :huggy:

There were almost as many Steelers fans in the stands than Skins fans. At one point when the Skins were pinned down behind their 20 the Steeler D started waving the crowd to get noisey. :lol:

I had a bad feeling after the on side kick didn't net them a TD. The bad feeling turned even worse after they couldn't get a TD after the interception.

Skins D was tough except in pass coverage. It seems like the Steelers recievers were wide ........check that wide doesn't describe how open they were.....every time I looked up there was a receiver standing alone, no defender within 15 yards.

By the end of the third Boy was back on the "I hate Campbell" wagon. :lol: He had warmed up a little last week but not now. There were open receivers but it seems like he could not see them. He lingered too long in the pocket and when he moves he loses his eyes.

Leftwich was a stud. The speed of the ball when he threw it was incredible.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

:bigwhoop::bigwhoop::bigwhoop:
Skins suck.

:duel:
:boxing:

Skins D was tough except in pass coverage. It seems like the Steelers recievers were wide ........check that wide doesn't describe how open they were.....every time I looked up there was a receiver standing alone, no defender within 15 yards.

Thanks for reminding me...I'd forgotten all about that :doh:

:lol:
It seemed like they really blew the coverage a few times and the Steelers definitely took advantage.
Leftwich was all you could hope for and more in a back-up quarter back.