Summer Job

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
This doesn't help you this year but when she finishes high school, have her apply to work in a National Park. They have a bunch of entry level, seasonal positions. They put you up in dorm rooms and feed you while you are there. If you fly in, they pick you up at the airport. Yellowstone NP hires over 3,000 seasonal employees. Not sure how many other parks hire. In her off time they have softball leagues, take the workers out on rafting and horseback riding. You can rent boats at a discount or rent gear to go backwoods camping.

Goldenhawk

No, many of the jobs that were available 40 years ago no longer exist because the majority of Americans are too lazy to go to the store and now buy all their sh!t online....OR they have to keep up with the Jones, so instead of hiring the neighborhood kid to mow their grass, they hire a landscaping company.
...or, because the neighborhood kids are too lazy to look for employment but get their phones and cars and gadgets for free from their parents, and would rather sit in their rooms playing Overwatch than earning some money, and even when they DO get a job, they can't be bothered to do it well enough to satisfy the homeowner who really wants a nice looking lawn and isn't going to accept shoddy work... or something like that...

BOP

...or, because the neighborhood kids are too lazy to look for employment but get their phones and cars and gadgets for free from their parents, and would rather sit in their rooms playing Overwatch than earning some money, and even when they DO get a job, they can't be bothered to do it well enough to satisfy the homeowner who really wants a nice looking lawn and isn't going to accept shoddy work... or something like that...
It keeps them out of my fracking yard, so there's that.

BOP

My son was hired at the Leonardtown True Value at 14, he worked there through HS. Great folks for kids to work for.
Much better than food service.
I went the food service route when I was 14 in the small Wisconsin town we lived in. That, and bagger/cashier at Safeway, dishwasher/busboy at several places, construction site cleanup, mowed lawns and dug gardens for housewives until I went into the Navy. Boot camp was comparatively easy as far as the physical part. Plus, they gave a skinny kid all the food he could eat - in 5 minutes or less!

littlelady

God bless the USA
It keeps them out of my fracking yard, so there's that.

How do y’all know that? Just wondering.