Sunday

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I'm a gonna just drop this here....... :whistle:

And I'm sorry. I PM'd the snow thrower, changed filters, topped up the gas, inflated the tires, ran it for a while.... even Rain-X'd the truck and put on new wipers, but it did not ward off the impending storm.... :ohwell:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I use WBOC from the eastern shore for weather. Their weather team usually hit the weather right on the head. The snowfall amounts they are predicting are a little less than others, but what they are predicting is that this storm will be a nasty nor'easter, 50mph winds Sunday night thru Monday, coastal flooding and severe beach erosion. Again, from the eastern shore, so more directed for Atlantic beaches, but we could see winds and flooding here too.

glhs837

Power with Control
There's still hope, I'll be prepping my equipment today. Gotta cut the bevel on the ATVs poly blade edge, get some more gas for it, make sure the 80volt batteries are all charged up for the snow thrower for the little bits the ATV won't fit.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
May you be stricken with a case of the Saturday lazys and come to your senses before you ruin it for me and everyone that doesn't want to go to work on Monday. Please. I'm begging you.
I've already decided that this will be a 3 day weekend for me, which I haven't had since way back in the summer. I'll be getting a couple of jugs of non-ethanol fuel for the generator. I usually fill up for the fall hurricane season, then use it in the fishing fleet over the next summer. This year, I missed filling the cans. :banghead:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've already decided that this will be a 3 day weekend for me, which I haven't had since way back in the summer. I'll be getting a couple of jugs of non-ethanol fuel for the generator. I usually fill up for the fall hurricane season, then use it in the fishing fleet over the next summer. This year, I missed filling the cans. :banghead:
Where you getting your non ethanol gas?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
So you're prepping too. You do know that your efforts will ensure 100% rain Sunday into Monday don't you? What about the children Prch? If you don't care about us snow enthusiasts, will you at least give some thought to the children? What about their needs?
Believe me when I say that I would prefer snow. It's still wet, but as it melts, it has a slightly delayed impact on the already saturated ground. I'm so sick of muddy shoes I could scream. With Mommy Dearest tethered to an oxygen concentrator and with food in the freezer, I can't ignore the risk.

glhs837

Power with Control
Sometimes sacrifices need to be made for the greater good. Be a hero Prch. Step away from the generator. Pick up glhs837 and go fishing. You work hard, you deserve a day off. In fact, treat yourself; stay out until Sunday afternoon.

I dont fish :) And I go have to get out and about, things to do, and the private road becomes an icy mess if it's left unplowed. Sorry, I love some snow, but I cant let it get in my way if it comes.

Grumpy

Korner Karryout for the gen. It's 87 octane. I found out that Ridgells is 89 octane. I'll be getting my boat gas there next season.
Where is Korner Karryout?? Had to replace a carb on my gen about 5 yrs ago due to ethanol, but since them, I shut off the gas and let the gen/tractor/snowthrower starve out and haven't had any problems. Seems to work, but it always worries me.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Where is Korner Karryout?? Had to replace a carb on my gen about 5 yrs ago due to ethanol, but since them, I shut off the gas and let the gen/tractor/snowthrower starve out and haven't had any problems. Seems to work, but it always worries me.
I've been doing this for 20 years and have never had any issue or fouling. In fact, my snow thrower had been sitting since early spring last year after doing that, and it started 1st pull yesterday. Just make sure you also use a fuel stabilizer if you use regular fuel. I use Stabil Marine.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've been doing this for 20 years and have never had any issue or fouling. In fact, my snow thrower had been sitting since early spring last year after doing that, and it started 1st pull yesterday. Just make sure you also use a fuel stabilizer if you use regular fuel. I use Stabil Marine.
Most small engine carbs as well as marine carbs have a little drain valve on the bowl.

Of course my two larger generators don't.. ;-(

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Most small engine carbs as well as marine carbs have a little drain valve on the bowl.

Of course my two larger generators don't.. ;-(
All of mine do, but they also have shrouds around everything making it much tougher to get to the drain.