Sunday

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Most of the predictions are calling for less snow here than they had yesterday. Looks like a lot more rain than snow. Good thing it's going to get warmer quickly and melt the mess.

glhs837

Power with Control
May you be stricken with a case of the Saturday lazys and come to your senses before you ruin it for me and everyone that doesn't want to go to work on Monday. Please. I'm begging you.

HDPE scraper blade bottom cut to profile, new bolts installed, blade drag shoes adjusted, battery charged, fresh tank of gas with an extra three gallons standing by.
All four 80 volt batteries ready for the Lowes snowblower for the tricky bits,
Dual shovels and dual snow brooms for the vehicles standing by.

We might still get snow, but if so, it's not because of anything I didnt get done :) I actually hope we do. Back when it was the Craftsman riding mower with its 42 inch blade, even with weights and chains, it did work a bit hard. With this thing and a 66 inch blade and 4wd, I expect it will make light work of what I need to do.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Back when it was the Craftsman riding mower with its 42 inch blade, even with weights and chains, it did work a bit hard
I had a Craftsman with a 48" snow blower attachment mounted to the front, PTO. Worked terrific until I hit some steel wire and totaled it. Wasn't worth the parts to repair.

Grumpy

Bought this about 5 years ago, used it once on 6 to 8 inch snowfall a few years ago just to see how it worked, worked alot better than a blade on my tractor, even with weights and chains, it didn't do a very good job. The ATV with a blade is the way to go, neighbor kid has one and he made short work of a 50 yard driveway with one of the bigger snows 6 or 7 years ago.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Bought this about 5 years ago, used it once on 6 to 8 inch snowfall a few years ago just to see how it worked, worked alot better than a blade on my tractor, even with weights and chains, it didn't do a very good job. The ATV with a blade is the way to go, neighbor kid has one and he made short work of a 50 yard driveway with one of the bigger snows 6 or 7 years ago.

View attachment 154851
I have had mine for over 10 years and I love it.
She does a great job and ready to go if needed.

I have a pic somewhere with the wife working it, while I watched drinking a beer.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....

View attachment 154851
It's dusty. Needs a cover.

TPD

the poor dad
Since all the guys are showing off their snow equipment, here's mine. I've had her for 20 years and she's never cost me a dime in upkeep. :yay:

View attachment 154855
That’s a mighty long.....oh wait - that’s a beauty you got there! I’m jealous- I spent over $400 today just in fuel to fill our 3 tractors. Another $250 for a cutting edge on one plow.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
That’s a mighty long.....oh wait - that’s a beauty you got there! I’m jealous- I spent over $400 today just in fuel to fill our 3 tractors. Another $250 for a cutting edge on one plow.
Well, I've only got 40 feet of bluestone driveway and 4 wheel drive, so I very seldom even need it.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Since all the guys are showing off their snow equipment, here's mine. I've had her for 20 years and she's never cost me a dime in upkeep. :yay:

View attachment 154855
I'll see your plastic shovel, and raise you a 50 y/o aluminum coal shovel (great for breaking ice...). And that's my snow thrower behind it, nice and warm and dust free under it's cover. :biggrin: