Superbowl snacks

R

remaxrealtor

We've decided to hunker down at home for the bowl and graze all day. :lmao:

Anybody have an interesting treat we can give a try?

This stuff is da bomb...:drool:

"This tangy, creamy dip tastes just like buffalo chicken wings. It's best served hot with crackers and Celery sticks. Everyone loves the results!"
Original recipe yield: 5 cups.

Buffalo Chicken Dip
Prep Time:5 MinutesCook Time:40 MinutesReady In:45 MinutesServings:20

INGREDIENTS:
2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup Ranch dressing
3/4 cup pepper sauce, such as Franks® Red Hot®
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces
1 (8 ounce) box chicken-flavored crackers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks and crackers.

Jameo

What?!
Buffalo Chicken Dip

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup Ranch dressing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks and crackers.

:drool:

Take the extra time to use REAL chicken and not that canned mess :barf: and I use Texas Pete Buffalo wing sauce instead of the hot sauce. Serve up with some roasted garlic triscuits :yum: :yum: I could eat the whole dish by myself

Jameo

What?!
kwillia said:

"This tangy, creamy dip tastes just like buffalo chicken wings. It's best served hot with crackers and Celery sticks. Everyone loves the results!"

Buffalo Chicken Dip

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup Ranch dressing

DIRECTIONS:

Ya don't say :lmao:

Jameo said:
Ya don't say :lmao:
I don't think that recipe has ever been posted in the horsey threads... I'm thinking she may have missed it in the dozen or so other thread topics...:lmao:

R

remaxrealtor

kwillia said:
I don't think that recipe has ever been posted in the horsey threads... I'm thinking she may have missed it in the dozen or so other thread topics...:lmao:
I'm with you...they're :deadhorse :lmao:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
:lalala:
kwillia said:

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Yes it is! Kwillia, my family is addicted to this stuff! I used the canned chicken once and got a rotisserie chicken and used that instead - much better! Thank you sooooo much for the recipe!

nachomama said:
got a rotisserie chicken and used that instead - much better! Thank you sooooo much for the recipe!
What a great idea! The cost of a freshly cooked rotisserie chicken is no more expensive than a couple cans of chicken and would taste way better... why didn't I think of that! :doh:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Canned chicken is nasty, nasty, nasty. :barf:

You only eat that stuff when it's the LAST thing in your pantry after you've exhausted all of your hurricane/snow storm provisions, and you've already eaten your way through the bag of dry dog food.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Another thing I make up that people always go for is a cracker dip.

8 oz cream cheese
1 tbsp Old Bay
pinch of cayenne pepper
pinch of garlic powder

Mix well and serve. Add more spices to your liking.

ohstate

My MIL made these for the holidays. I couldn't stop sneaking them. T

INGREDIENTS

1 (1 ounce) package Ranch-style dressing mix
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper (optional)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
5 cups oyster crackers

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
In a large bowl, combine the dressing mix, dill weed, vegetable oil, lemon pepper, and garlic powder. Add oyster crackers, and toss to coat. Spread evenly on a baking sheet.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring gently after 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and allow to cool before serving.