INGREDIENTS:
2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup Ranch dressing
3/4 cup pepper sauce, such as Franks® Red Hot®
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces
1 (8 ounce) box chicken-flavored crackers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks and crackers.

:drool:

Take the extra time to use REAL chicken and not that canned mess :barf: and I use Texas Pete Buffalo wing sauce instead of the hot sauce. Serve up with some roasted garlic triscuits :yum: :yum: I could eat the whole dish by myself

My wife makes the exact recipie.... good stuff. The Texas Pete makes a huge difference.

ohstate said:
My MIL made these for the holidays. I couldn't stop sneaking them. T

INGREDIENTS

1 (1 ounce) package Ranch-style dressing mix
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper (optional)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
5 cups oyster crackers

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
In a large bowl, combine the dressing mix, dill weed, vegetable oil, lemon pepper, and garlic powder. Add oyster crackers, and toss to coat. Spread evenly on a baking sheet.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring gently after 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and allow to cool before serving.
You can use that same recipe substituting hard pretzel pieces for the oyster crackers...:yay:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
You need sweets...

vraiblonde said:
OMG, those are so good! Once you start eating them you can't stop :yum:

And speaking of addictive "pop in your mouth" foods, my 15 year old got this idea from a confection we got in Nags Head.

3 handfuls of Rice Chex
3 handfuls of Multi-Grain Chex (2 different kinds of chex mix will do)
3 handfuls of pecans
2 or 3 handfuls of pretzel wheels
1 bag of White Chocolate Chips

In a big bowl, with a top, put the cereals, pecans and pretzels. Mix it up.

In a double boiler, melt half a bag of white chocolate chips. Slowly pour the chocolate all over the cereal mixture. Put the top on the bowl and shake until well coated.

Spread chocolate/cereal mixture onto a cookie sheet lined in wax paper. Let chocolate harden compeltely. Once chocolate is hardened, break into bite size pieces and store in an air-tight container.

Enjoy, but I warn you, this stuff is addictive...

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Here's another one. My 15 year old came up with this too...

Quesadilla pinwheels
16 oz container cream cheese
1 envelope Old ElPasa Taco Seasoning
Picante Sauce
Soft Tortillas

Mix cream cheese & Taco Seasoning well. Take a soft tortilla, and spread about 2 or 3 tbsp of cream cheese mixture over the entire tortilla. Then spread about 1 to 2 tbsp picante sauce. Roll tortilla. Refrigerate for about an hour. Slice tortillas into 1 inch thick pinwheels.

nachomama said:
Here's another one. My 15 year old came up with this too...

Quesadilla pinwheels
16 oz container cream cheese
1 envelope Old ElPasa Taco Seasoning
Picante Sauce
Soft Tortillas

Mix cream cheese & Taco Seasoning well. Take a soft tortilla, and spread about 2 or 3 tbsp of cream cheese mixture over the entire tortilla. Then spread about 1 to 2 tbsp picante sauce. Roll tortilla. Refrigerate for about an hour. Slice tortillas into 1 inch thick pinwheels.
:drool:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
nachomama said:
And speaking of addictive "pop in your mouth" foods, my 15 year old got this idea from a confection we got in Nags Head.

3 handfuls of Rice Chex
3 handfuls of Multi-Grain Chex (2 different kinds of chex mix will do)
3 handfuls of pecans
2 or 3 handfuls of pretzel wheels
1 bag of White Chocolate Chips

In a big bowl, with a top, put the cereals, pecans and pretzels. Mix it up.

In a double boiler, melt half a bag of white chocolate chips. Slowly pour the chocolate all over the cereal mixture. Put the top on the bowl and shake until well coated.

Spread chocolate/cereal mixture onto a cookie sheet lined in wax paper. Let chocolate harden compeltely. Once chocolate is hardened, break into bite size pieces and store in an air-tight container.

Enjoy, but I warn you, this stuff is addictive...

:snacks: sounds good to me.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Puppy Chow

* 12 oz. box Crispix cereal
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
* 12 oz. pkg. semisweet chocolate chips
* 2-3 cups powdered sugar

In medium microwave-safe bowl, combine butter, peanut butter and chocolate chips and microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring once during cooking, until mixture is melted and smooth. Place the cereal in another large bowl and pour the melted mixture over the cereal, tossing well to coat.

Pour the powdered sugar into a large plastic food bag. Pour the coated cereal into the powdered sugar and shake until it is well covered with the sugar. Dump the cereal onto wax paper to cool and dry. Store in tightly covered containers at room temperature.

mainman said:
Something I can put in the crockpot... I want as little work as possible...
Slow Cooker Taco Soup

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INGREDIENTS:
1 pound ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, with liquid
1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
2 cups water
2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix

DIRECTIONS:
In a medium skillet, cook the ground beef until browned over medium heat. Drain, and set aside.
Place the ground beef, onion, chili beans, kidney beans, corn, tomato sauce, water, diced tomatoes, green chile peppers and taco seasoning mix in a slow cooker. Mix to blend, and cook on Low setting for 8 hours.

"This is a quick, throw together slow cooker soup with a Mexican flair. Teenagers love it. Serve topped with corn chips, shredded Cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream. Make sure you adjust the amount of chile peppers if you're sensitive about spicy foods."

Original recipe yield: 8 servings.
Prep Time:10 Minutes
Cook Time:8 Hours
Ready In:8 Hours 10 Minutes

purplepassion

Lovin' Life
Mexican Dip

I have a great mexican dip

Mexican Dip

1 to 1 1/2 lb hamburger
1 envelope Ol Elpaso taco seasoning
1 cup salsa
1 16 oz container sour cream
1 can refried beans
shredded cheese
Bag of Tostitos chips

Brown hamburger, drain
add taco seasoning and water as directed on package
add salsa and simmer.

Pour mixture into a baking dish (I use the Paperer Chef large round baking dish). Spread refried beans on top. (I usually heat in microwave first - makes it easier to spread). Spread sour cream on top of refried beans. Top with shredded cheese. Place in oven on 350 for approx. 15 min. or until it looks like it's heated through. It will be bubbling around the sides. Serve wih Tostitos chips.

When we go to parties now I'm not allowed to come unless I bring this with me.

mainman

Set Trippin
kwillia said:
Slow Cooker Taco Soup

INGREDIENTS:
1 pound ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, with liquid
1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
2 cups water
2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix

DIRECTIONS:
In a medium skillet, cook the ground beef until browned over medium heat. Drain, and set aside.
Place the ground beef, onion, chili beans, kidney beans, corn, tomato sauce, water, diced tomatoes, green chile peppers and taco seasoning mix in a slow cooker. Mix to blend, and cook on Low setting for 8 hours.

"This is a quick, throw together slow cooker soup with a Mexican flair. Teenagers love it. Serve topped with corn chips, shredded Cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream. Make sure you adjust the amount of chile peppers if you're sensitive about spicy foods."

Original recipe yield: 8 servings.
Prep Time:10 Minutes
Cook Time:8 Hours
Ready In:8 Hours 10 Minutes
Do you ever use the liquid from bean cans? :barf: I usually drain that ####...