Superbowl snacks

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
cattitude said:
Never. And I made some good chili last weekend. Key ingredient, andouille sausage. (Thanks Vrai!)
Crock pot chili is what we're having. We've got basketball and won't make it back in the house until kickoff.

I'm copying all these recipes for use later.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
bresamil said:
Crock pot chili is what we're having. We've got basketball and won't make it back in the house until kickoff.

I'm copying all these recipes for use later.

How's your teams doing? Is Jeff still coaching?

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
nachomama said:
How's your teams doing? Is Jeff still coaching?
We've only lost one match this season, and that one by one point. Our coach is T.
Next year he'll be with Jeff. Jeff is half the entertainment. I like watching him get upset, I can gauge his distress by his ear color. :lmao:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
mainman said:
Maybe I'll try it, it's mostly a force of habit....:confused:

I also use the diced tomatoes which add liquid. I don't have a specific recipe really, I'm a "dumper." I use ground beef, light and dark kidney beans, diced or stewed tomatoes, onions, garlic (sometimes green pepper) and spices. Ott likes it hot so after having some of Vrai's chili, she uses the andouille sausage, I got some of that at Nicks. That made a big difference.

Last edited:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
bresamil said:
I use these as well. Adds liquid plus the chili just tastes better than with tomato sauce.

You know, I don't use tomato sauce or paste in the chili. See, I think the bean juice sorta helps to thicken it up and doesn't give it to much of a tomatoey/acid taste.

mainman

Set Trippin
cattitude said:
I also use the diced tomatoes which add liquid. I don't have a specific recipe really, I'm a "dumper." I use ground beef, light and dark kidney beans, diced or stewed tomatoes, onions, garlic (sometimes green pepper) and spices. Ott likes it hot so after having some of Vrai's chili, she uses the andouille sausage, I got some of that at Nicks. That made a big difference.
I love andouille, never used it in chili before.. I might take a ride to Nicks tomorrow..

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
mainman said:
I love andouille, never used it in chili before.. I might take a ride to Nicks tomorrow..

Last time, I used 1 pound of ground beef and one pound of the andouille. I just took off the skin and browned it up in a frying pan.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
bresamil said:
We've only lost one match this season, and that one by one point. Our coach is T.
Next year he'll be with Jeff. Jeff is half the entertainment. I like watching him get upset, I can gauge his distress by his ear color. :lmao:

I think the world of Jeff. He is one of the only coaches in the league that I miss. He does get into what he's doing. :lmao:

mainman

Set Trippin
cattitude said:
Last time, I used 1 pound of ground beef and one pound of the andouille. I just took off the skin and browned it up in a frying pan.
Maybe I'll ride over after work...

Wherever will I eat dinner? :confused: