Suspended Driver with a Toddler in His Car Brings Firetruck to a Stop in Road Rage Incident

glhs837

Power with Control
My point was that on a road like that, I believe the odds of any policeman anywhere giving you a ticket for going the limit in the left lane is slim to none. Even if someone is tailgating you. So many places to turn left it's impossible to know why I'm doing the limit. But sure, maybe in Indiana the cops are magic and write a billion BS tickets on roads like that. Going the limit in the left lane there and not getting over every time someone gets behind you is not driving like an arsehole. :)

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
If you listen really closely, you can hear the truck window rolled down, the right-seat firefighter asking what's wrong, and the guy yelling at them; I've done some noise reduction on it and he asked "Why are y'all allowed to break the speed limit?" The firefighter replies "Break the speed limit?" and he says something like "Y'all were just doin' fifty" at which point the audio goes silent (conveniently enough for the fire engine crew). I suppose you could infer that they were driving on Pegg or Westbury faster than he thought they should. (Of course, for him to know their actual speed, he would have had to go the same speed to pace them...)
Thanks. I couldn't hear it earlier on my phone so I just listened to it on my laptop at home. They may have been speeding but he was driving on a suspended license and could easily have caused an accident by his actions, involving not only his car with the toddler and the fire truck, but other innocent vehicles or pedestrians.

Just wow all around. And why all the editing of the video? I would like to hear what was said during the entire incident.

black dog

Free America
Going the limit in the left lane there and not getting over every time someone gets behind you is not driving like an arsehole. :)
It absolutely is driving like an *******. Go try to drive in the left lane on 495 tomorrow afternoon and see how well it works out for you.

littlelady

God bless the USA
The way I see it is there is no predicting what drivers will do on the road. It could be medical, accidental, intentional, insanity, or not paying attention. I have never gotten a traffic ticket, in my 64 years. All one can do is be a defensive driver, and hope for the best. Be careful out there, y’all.

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
It absolutely is driving like an ***. Go try to drive in the left lane on 495 tomorrow afternoon and see how well it works out for you.

We appear to be having a different conversation. I am specifically speaking to roads like Great Mills Road, I've been quite clear on that.

Going the limit in the left lane there

refers specifically to a road like either GMR or the one I linked in Indiana, NOT a four lane controlled access highway beltway. A two lane road at 35mph through the venter of town is NOT 495, or Rt 70 across Indiana, where indeed you should stay over and get a ticket if you dont. Different types of roads, different rules.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Those two questions were partly sarcasm- especially the first one because of all the complaints on this forum about left lane drivers. Being a dump truck driver myself I agree with you. I stay out of the right lane on route 235 from 4 all the way down to gate two. People act stupid when they see a dump truck.

As for the second question-we already know LE would not wait around for 25 minutes for someone to come out of a store based on a private citizens report of a traffic incident.

But we all know BD fire department does not have the greatest reputation in these forums for their driving skills....
The complaints about left lane losers goes to divided highways with a higher speed limit. For example, 235, which has a right turn lane that's supposed to remove the turbulence from the main portion of the road.

THis ass hat should be filed away uner, danger to self and the public.

BernieP

Resident PIA
There are several reasonable ways to deal with perceived unsafe driving by your local fire department personnel.

This is not one of them.
Agreed, which is why those who advocate "break checking" are more dangerous than the vehicle behind them.

DannyMotorcycle

guy is nuts or on drugs... or both.. or dumb as fu..

sometimes cops will wait if they don't have any other calls... like the speeding biker who went home after he evaded the cops only to find a cop there and thought nothing of it.. oops he was waiting for you stupid.

but yea sometimes cops sit around and do nothing because there's no call to respond to.. that's a good thing.

DannyMotorcycle

Brake checking is so dangerous to everyone around.. i hope there will be a new headline that will teach him and others that the courts don't like brake checking and you could be in a world of trouble if you do it.. Now i'm not saying gradually go slower to the speed limit (or a reasonable speed) to make tail gaters go around, but definitely not brake checking.

luvmygdaughters

Brake checking is so dangerous to everyone around.. i hope there will be a new headline that will teach him and others that the courts don't like brake checking and you could be in a world of trouble if you do it.. Now i'm not saying gradually go slower to the speed limit (or a reasonable speed) to make tail gaters go around, but definitely not brake checking.
If you are on a single lane road, there isnt always an opportunity to"go around" On rt. 234 for example. The speed limit on that road is 55 MPH until you into chaptico, where the circle is. I usually do between 60 -64 on that road. Not all, but most of the time I've got somebody so close to my bumper, its looks like I'm towing them. Riding my bumper isnt going to encourage me to go faster...just the opposite. I've also used the windshield washer trick, that seems to back them off a little.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I won't brake check anyone, but if you're pushing me down the road when I'm driving my normal 10-20 over the limit, if I spot a cop, you're running the risk of suddenly following me at an unsafe distance and getting pulled over for that infraction.

Goldenhawk

Once in my younger dumber days I got into a road rage battle with some nut case who nearly ran me off the road. Now I just find a spot to pull over and let them pass me. If they're riding me that close, they'll not bother me by going too slowly in front of me, so why suffer the annoyance of having them unsafely riding my bumper for miles? Let them be a jerk to the next guy in front of me, instead of me. I end up much calmer and happier.

(...unless they pass me and then slow down because they're idiots or just habitually tailgate because it's easier than thinking about their own speed...)