Tackle Box again????

nutz

I can't believe I'm gonna say this or suggest it but it's time they lost their FFL.

After a second robbery I would've had a ####ing security system they did everything except slice and dice the perpetrators, up to and including having someone armed and waiting inside the store in the dark with body bags bleach in buckets ready to clean up.

There's no excuse for what is this the fifth, sixth robbery?

Our insurance guy said anything other than a camera was bad....No one cares as long as you keep paying the premiums, no matter how high they go. Police, "do you have insurance"? Insurance guy, "did you get a police report"? As long as you can answer yes to both, life is ok.

nutz

I hate to see the "you should lose your business because people keep trying to steal it" crowd ever win.

Red is always bad on the books, no matter the source. Thieves or sleight of hand employees never seem to get what they truly deserve.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Red is always bad on the books, no matter the source. Thieves or sleight of hand employees never seem to get what they truly deserve.

We need to get back to a point in society where you get shot for theft.

Any theft.

glhs837

Power with Control
I would make a secure room for them similar to a jail cell or perhaps a cinder block room with an extra strong door. It's almost impossible to stop a good thief but you can slow them down. The tackle box burglars are usually not master thieves.

The way gun stores are burglarized out here is they steal a minivan and drive it through the steel safety doors and then the glass and aluminum doors and leave the van sitting in the showroom. Or they drive the minivan through the block wall on the side or the rear of the gun store. Then the owners install pipe ballard's around their store so the thief's cut a hole through the roof.
Its a vicious cycle.

Gilligan and I discussed this way back when, after I think 40 plus handguns ended up walking out the door. Seems easier to secure the inventory in the display cases than move it twice a day or uparmor the building. As PE noted, it just has to slow them down.

Ah, here it is.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-md/pr/...charges-and-trafficking-contraband-cigarettes

Guy receieved 48 firearms from the last big Tackle Box robbery in 2012. I think the stated police response time was under 5 minutes. How many of those 45 guns he sold were used in subsequent crimes here in the County? Pretty sure you could see a marked rise in the amount of crimes involving handguns from that time on.

EDIT: I just want to point out that that arsehole got a measly 6.5 years. Hell, I'll bet he's out already.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

True. I had one employee get away with embezzling somewhere between 6 and 7 grand over a period of several months. Didn't have the surveillance cameras I needed to have had to actually nail that employee..they got away with it scott free.

You can bet I installed some more/better cameras after that.

Speaking of...I would hope and expect that Ken has a seriously capable surveillance system installed. The one the covers my compound like a blanket is has motion-activated recording with nght vision..and cameras that track and zoom automatically...super long-range hi-res cameras that take better pics of the subject under focus than the local photo studio... ;-) It's not that expensive to buy that capability any more.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
True. I had one employee get away with embezzling somewhere between 6 and 7 grand over a period of several months. Didn't have the surveillance cameras I needed to have had to actually nail that employee..they got away with it scott free.

You can bet I installed some more/better cameras after that.

Speaking of...I would hope and expect that Ken has a seriously capable surveillance system installed. The one the covers my compound like a blanket is has motion-activated recording with nght vision..and cameras that track and zoom automatically...super long-range hi-res cameras that take better pics of the subject under focus than the local photo studio... ;-) It's not that expensive to buy that capability any more.

Money well spent.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Money well spent.

14 cameras....and counting. Three night-vision auto-tracking cameras.

You'd be amazed what the local animals - wild and domestic both - do around here at night!! I never knew.. Nothing like capturing an owl snatching a baby bunny outa the lawn at 3 am..

Fun side: "Say..son...why you taking beers outa the shop fridge without asking?" ;-)

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
So they just aren't saying how many were stolen, but they do know?

Yes Ken knows, every gun is accounted for. Guns missing need to be reported and if it's a normal thing for an FFL dealer to be missing guns, they will loose there FFL.
In a matter of minutes you would at least know how many handguns and how many long guns were missing.

Many dealers go out of business because of missing firearms every year it seems.
All it takes is for the owner or a employee to be selling them out the door without paperwork or sloppy paperwork and bound books and eventually during an ATF audit it comes out.

black dog

Free America
14 cameras....and counting. Three night-vision auto-tracking cameras.

You'd be amazed what the local animals - wild and domestic both - do around here at night!! I never knew.. Nothing like capturing an owl snatching a baby bunny outa the lawn at 3 am..

Fun side: "Say..son...why you taking beers outa the shop fridge without asking?" ;-)

That's about twice what I have at the house & shop on one system.
The new to me building and the farm both have just 4 cameras, but those are online and I use a company to monitor along with me watching.

The beer is funny, mine doesn't drink beer, but My Dad's Rootbeers and top shelf booze can walk on occasion.

Last edited:

Danzig

Yes Ken knows, every gun is accounted for. Guns missing need to be reported and if it's a normal thing for an FFL dealer to be missing guns, they will loose there FFL.
In a matter of minutes you would at least know how many handguns and how many long guns were missing.

Still do not have an exact list of what was stolen.