Taco Bell coming to Charlotte Hall

BernieP

Resident PIA
I'm sure a survey of the market would indicate the area needs a good grocery store, so where is that? :mad:

And yes... I feel like a broken record. I want a decent grocery store. :tantrum:

you would like, need to a business is revenue, is there enough demand to support the store, would it generate enough revenue to be profitable?
That's the problem, not enough customers who would spend the money. The fault with placing anything in "north county" is that you are trying to draw customers from outside the county.
Chances are there is a store closer to them. Hypothetical, say people in Ridge felt underserved and wanted a store. Walmart would be okay, but it should be a super center so they can get groceries.
Wlamart looks and says sure there's a demand but there just aren't enough people in the area, but if we could attract customers from Wildewood, so if we put the store in Lexington Park.
But wait, to get the people in Wildewood to drive to Lexington Park they would have to pass the Walmart Supercenter in California. So the people in Ridge maybe get a 7-11 or a Fast Stop.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There are excellent restaurants in SoMD that are empty at dinner because people around here would rather go to Appleby's and, yes, Taco Bell. Northern St. Mary's is a very short drive to LaPlata and Waldorf, which has a nice selection of good restaurants. Kodori on Rt 5 is amazing, but most people don't want that - they want PF Chang's gross chit or some Chinese buffet with mystery meat in gloppy sauce. Which is fine because that means I can usually get a seat right away, but don't say you want good restaurants when you're not going to the ones we already have.

Getting excited about Taco Bell makes baby Jesus cry.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
There are excellent restaurants in SoMD that are empty at dinner because people around here would rather go to Appleby's and, yes, Taco Bell. Northern St. Mary's is a very short drive to LaPlata and Waldorf, which has a nice selection of good restaurants. Kodori on Rt 5 is amazing, but most people don't want that - they want PF Chang's gross chit or some Chinese buffet with mystery meat in gloppy sauce. Which is fine because that means I can usually get a seat right away, but don't say you want good restaurants when you're not going to the ones we already have.

:yeahthat:

I'm feeling the urge to dine out this evening. No chains allowed.

Hank

my war

Isn't Ruby's your latest hotspot?

BernieP

Resident PIA

Exactly, you know what really does business and has probably the worst food - the all you can eat buffets.
Not a big fan of chain restaurants either, but they do fill a spot (or at least should). They should be reliable in terms of the menu and quality. It's a known or should be.
When you are on the road and want to pull over for something to eat, the Ruby Apple Barrel should be a safe pick.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When you are on the road and want to pull over for something to eat, the Ruby Apple Barrel should be a safe pick.

NEVER!! When I'm on the road I want to eat things I can't get at home. It makes me weep that there is an Olive Garden, I kid you not, on Times Square. WTH??? Who the freak goes to OLIVE GARDEN when they are surrounded by food paradise and everything you can possibly imagine??? Literally two blocks away is Tony's di Napoli where you can get amazing Italian food.

Just sad.

BernieP

Resident PIA
NEVER!! When I'm on the road I want to eat things I can't get at home. It makes me weep that there is an Olive Garden, I kid you not, on Times Square. WTH??? Who the freak goes to OLIVE GARDEN when they are surrounded by food paradise and everything you can possibly imagine??? Literally two blocks away is Tony's di Napoli where you can get amazing Italian food.

Just sad.

When I said, "on the road", I literally meant driving, somewhere between point A and B. Somewhere you don't know and you just pull off the road.
When I travel I make it a point to get recommendations for good local places. Never a chain. Let's just say, I don't care if I stick out like a sore thumb, if someone tells me that "Max's" is the best place to go for seafood in a coastal town, I'm going there. I could end up being a bar of black biker lesbians and I would still eat there.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When I said, "on the road", I literally meant driving, somewhere between point A and B. Somewhere you don't know and you just pull off the road.

That is exactly what I mean. I've had some of the best fried chicken of my life at a gas station in the middle of nowhere. I don't get hungry while driving, but when I stop for the night I either look up something on the internet or ask the desk clerk where I should go for dinner.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Were you in Chaptico?

Well, there too. But Monello and I were off the beaten path somewhere in VA searching for gas. It was lunchtime and we stumbled upon this run down gas station in the middle of nowhere because the highway sign lied to us. "Gas, next exit." Yeah, next exit and 20 miles further. Anyway, there were a ton of construction workers lined up at the counter inside getting hot lunch. So we got hot lunch, too - excellent fried chicken and damn fine pulled pork.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Once when I was in Venice, Italy visiting with other Americans they wanted to go to the Hard Rock Café to eat. So you go all the way to Europe and decide to eat at a place that you can eat at when you are back home. Some people, ugghh.

gretchen

Well, there too. But Monello and I were off the beaten path somewhere in VA searching for gas. It was lunchtime and we stumbled upon this run down gas station in the middle of nowhere because the highway sign lied to us. "Gas, next exit." Yeah, next exit and 20 miles further. Anyway, there were a ton of construction workers lined up at the counter inside getting hot lunch. So we got hot lunch, too - excellent fried chicken and damn fine pulled pork.

I love when people say hot lunch. And sneakers.

Dakota

~~~~~~~

Attachments

• taco bell.jpg
    taco bell.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 143
  • taco bell 2.jpg
    taco bell 2.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
What kills me is that all the NIMBY's in the north end get all up in arms when you say the words "public water and sewer" due to visions of "garden apartments" and "section 8 housing". Yet the very sprawl they claim to despise is creeping in and manifesting itself as dining options is greeted with open arms.

isaiahP

Let's just say, I don't care if I stick out like a sore thumb, if someone tells me that "Max's" is the best place to go for seafood in a coastal town, I'm going there. I could end up being a bar of black biker lesbians and I would still eat there.
I'd go there especially if it was Taco Tuesdays.