Tanning

lbreder

2into4
Does anyone know about the tanning salon place right outside the side gate(of the ranch club)? Ive never heard anyone talk about it or maybe I missed something. Just curious about peoples thoughts about it.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
My insurance office co-pay was $15 and covered most of the cost of getting sun damaged chunks of skin sliced off last week by the dermatologist. Got about 15 stitches in my face near my right ear and another 20 or so to close the hole he cut in the back of my left hand.

That's what tanning has cost so far this year.

HazelIrishEyes

BOOYA Grandma!
Does anyone know about the tanning salon place right outside the side gate(of the ranch club)? Ive never heard anyone talk about it or maybe I missed something. Just curious about peoples thoughts about it.

Which one? Endless Summer, Island Tanning, TA NAils and Tanning, Beach Club Tanning, or Tan and Nail?

dn0121

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

I take my hides up into st leonard for tanning. I had a great coat made last week from dingos.

Beavers5

My insurance office co-pay was $15 and covered most of the cost of getting sun damaged chunks of skin sliced off last week by the dermatologist. Got about 15 stitches in my face near my right ear and another 20 or so to close the hole he cut in the back of my left hand.

That's what tanning has cost so far this year.

Tanning certainly sucks. I have 15 scars, the longest 12 inches across my back from having stage 3b Melanoma removed. But of course I never thought it would happen to me, just like no one looking for a tanning bed thinks it'll happen to them.

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
My brother spent a year and a half on aggressive Interferon chemo treatments for melanoma they found on his ear that they were sure had already satellited ... he was so sick , only worked part time when he was able to ... spent most of his days in his recliner or in bed ... BUT he is one of the lucky ones ... he has passed the 7 year mark with no recurrence ... makes me think twice about tanning and makes me remember to apply and reapply sunscreen ... A suntan is not worth dying for ...

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Wife and I go all the time and we think we look great...What you think? Specially me..

Attachments

• tanning-overload.jpg
    tanning-overload.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 107

lbreder

2into4
Ok, maybe I should have said what Im really looking for is a light spray on tan. I have my ten year anniversary coming up and would like a bit of a tan. Im not looking for the fake bake, but just some color. So, when I get dressed up i have some color to me. What people do as far as tanning is up to them and the decision they make. As far as I know most places do the spray on tanning and I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this place right outside the side gate.

mmesser0

C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!
I have used the beds there. The staff are extremely nice and helpful. I know they do spray on tans, but I have never had one done myself. Prices are reasonable though. Good luck!!

PortiePie

HazelIrishEyes

BOOYA Grandma!
Ok, maybe I should have said what Im really looking for is a light spray on tan. I have my ten year anniversary coming up and would like a bit of a tan. Im not looking for the fake bake, but just some color. So, when I get dressed up i have some color to me. What people do as far as tanning is up to them and the decision they make. As far as I know most places do the spray on tanning and I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this place right outside the side gate.

With my experience the spray is okay if you go repeatedly for about 5 times. but if you go once or twice you will be orange. and when it fades you will be orange. And make sure you rub your ankles, knees and elbows really good with the pads they give you

PortiePie

I'm sorry I'm new to "posting" so I am not sure how to reply to a post with that persons' post above my response :shrug: any help would be appreciated...

In response to what HazelIrishEyes said, she is absolutely right....However, i find if you actually have someone spray you in person, as they do at Beach Club tanning, it comes out really really nice....I have gone to the place in prince fred before by Ledo's and they have a MysticTan "box" thingie that sprays you...I dont like that at all, it always leaves me streaky and orange so beware...but i have never had a bad experience at Beach Club Tanning..I always think I come out looking fab-u-lous and they have products that help maintain your tan "spray"
:getdown:

lbreder

2into4
Thank you for your help and advice! My sister and a co-worker go to the tanning place over by Ledos in Prince Frederick and they swear by it, but they also said its expensive. Im more worried about coming out looking orange, lol.

HazelIrishEyes

BOOYA Grandma!
Does anyone know of a good place for a spray tan in or around Lexington Park?

There is a place right outside the base, by IHOP, but again It is a tan BOX I don't know if they spray you personally. But the box is okay if you plan to go more than once or twice, you really have too, to avoid the streaky orange look

Beavers5

My brother spent a year and a half on aggressive Interferon chemo treatments for melanoma they found on his ear that they were sure had already satellited ... he was so sick , only worked part time when he was able to ... spent most of his days in his recliner or in bed ... BUT he is one of the lucky ones ... he has passed the 7 year mark with no recurrence ... makes me think twice about tanning and makes me remember to apply and reapply sunscreen ... A suntan is not worth dying for ...

Interferon sucks! Luckily, I was a candidate for some good clinical trials and have been No Evidence of Disease for 2 years and 3 days!

OP- I use Jergen's Natural Glow for a fake tan it goes on well and hard to mess up.