tasteless pics

just.me

It seems that it has become a regular practice for fire departments to sell/give photos to news agents. I cannot stand the ruthless way that St. Marys Today puts tasteless, explicit photos on its pages, and on its website;so I don't read it. Now The BayNet is doing the same thing. I feel sympathy for the families of the victims when I hear or read the stories and now I feel anger when I see the grisly photos.....what happened to plain old courtesy or sympathy????

rack'm

Jaded
just.me said:
It seems that it has become a regular practice for fire departments to sell/give photos to news agents. I cannot stand the ruthless way that St. Marys Today puts tasteless, explicit photos on its pages, and on its website;so I don't read it. Now The BayNet is doing the same thing. I feel sympathy for the families of the victims when I hear or read the stories and now I feel anger when I see the grisly photos.....what happened to plain old courtesy or sympathy????

It didn't sell papers.....:ohwell:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Speaking of tasteless... I wanted to see if baynet posted pics of an accident I saw Friday. Thanks for the reminder! :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
WTF??? That is just disgusting and wrong. You shouldn't publish pictures of dead or dying people. Have some friggin' common courtesy and decency.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
elaine said:
Speaking of tasteless... I wanted to see if baynet posted pics of an accident I saw Friday. Thanks for the reminder! :yay:
If it's the one where the 5 year old kid died, yup - they're on there. :ohwell:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
vraiblonde said:
If it's the one where the 5 year old kid died, yup - they're on there. :ohwell:

No, not that one. The one where the semi truck in the right lane tried to make a left hand turn, running into the s10 in the left lane (this one has a left turn/go straight sign) trying to go straight.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I don't see anything wrong with the pictures that are posted.. they aren't grisly.. but maybe they will wake ONE person up and they'll say, damn, I could have caused that crash, I better slow down.

Now what IS disgusting, is the person(s) that killed this five year old little boy, and devastated this family, will probably NOT see a single day in jail.. and scenes like this are going to be repeated over and over again, until we start punishing the drivers that cause these accidents..

Lets see a High School Yearbook picture, you know upclose and personal, of the person that caused the accident, and the person he was racing at the time, that way we might be able to recognize them on the street.

morganj614

Softballkid said:
I dont see any gory stuff in those pics... it just shows the fire department in all trying to save lives, which is what they do

Don't the fire depts. post the pics on their own websites anyway?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Softballkid said:
I dont see any gory stuff in those pics... it just shows the fire department in all trying to save lives, which is what they do
Publishing pictures of people all splayed out and at their most vulnerable is rude. Nobody needs to see that.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
vraiblonde said:
Publishing pictures of people all splayed out and at their most vulnerable is rude. Nobody needs to see that.

But see, thats where people see things differently... you see it as people laid all out and stuff...

I see it, the fire department busting their arse, and the rescue squad people doing the same, to save lives, and the pics show that....

I guess its all in how you look at the pics :shrug:

Pete

Repete
Softballkid said:
But see, thats where people see things differently... you see it as people laid all out and stuff...

I see it, the fire department busting their arse, and the rescue squad people doing the same, to save lives, and the pics show that....

I guess its all in how you look at the pics :shrug:
A pic is a pic, no perspective.