tasteless pics

I don't recall ever seeing a pic of injured or dead people posted for public viewing on our local FD or Rescue squad websites...:confused:

just.me

Softballkid said:
But see, thats where people see things differently... you see it as people laid all out and stuff...

I see it, the fire department busting their arse, and the rescue squad people doing the same, to save lives, and the pics show that....

I guess its all in how you look at the pics :shrug:

A lady I work with lost her son in a terrible accident a few years ago and St. Marys Today had a pic on the front page. The door of the truck was closed and her son's legs were hanging out of the door, even though it was obviously closed and latched. All I could think was every time she or one of his other relatives and friends went somewhere the paper was sold, this image would jump out and hurt them further. That pic was taken by bay district and it was totally needless to hurt those people further.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
just.me said:
A lady I work with lost her son in a terrible accident a few years ago and St. Marys Today had a pic on the front page. The door of the truck was closed and her son's legs were hanging out of the door, even though it was obviously closed and latched. All I could think was every time she or one of his other relatives and friends went somewhere the paper was sold, this image would jump out and hurt them further. That pic was taken by bay district and it was totally needless to hurt those people further.

Pics arent taking to hurt people, they are taking for remembrance, you see it as hurtful....but one day it could show up on a poster about not to drink and drive or something.... you dont know that....

just.me

Softballkid said:
Pics arent taking to hurt people, they are taking for remembrance, you see it as hurtful....but one day it could show up on a poster about not to drink and drive or something.... you dont know that....

But how would you feel if it was someone you loved?

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
just.me said:
But how would you feel if it was someone you loved?

Look, MY BEST FRIEND had his head slam up against a tree in a 4 wheeling accident, IVE SEEN PICS, and I SEEN HIM in the hospital, and you know what them pics do EVERY TIME I see them.... it makes me think before I go out and get to stupid on my 4 wheeler....

Does it suck, hell yeah it does, but do I get pizzed when I see them pics, NO, I remember all the good times up until that point, and how its changed my life for the better after seeing them again and again...

Pete

Repete
slotted said:
Stop wearing your feelings on your sleeve. :yay:
I can see her point. If your kid were killed in an accident how would you feel seeing a pic of a small body covered by a sheet?

It is sad that issues of "class and decorum" have to be debated because they are absent so often.

F

Fallen

I would not want to see pictures of anyone's child under a sheet or with their legs hanging out a window. The pictures from that accident weren't "disturbing" in any other way than thinking "Oh my God, what a horrible, terrible tragedy." The picture with the man laying on the ground, I couldn't tell if he was pulled from the car or if he was laying there to try and get a perspective as to how to help the other people in the car. The pictures of that car alone, should get people to slow the hell down.

just.me

slotted said:
Stop wearing your feelings on your sleeve. :yay:

I am definitely not wearing my feelings on my sleeve. And isn't it sad when I make a comment about the lack of decorum in the media, and someone says I am being too sentimental?

just.me

Pete said:
I can see her point. If your kid were killed in an accident how would you feel seeing a pic of a small body covered by a sheet?

It is sad that issues of "class and decorum" have to be debated because they are absent so often.

Exactly. I hope I always stop to consider the feelings of those affected. When I don't, I hope I am the one under the sheet. When we lose our sense of outrage, empathy or morals, we are just animals.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
If you all think those pics posted are graphic, you should watch the news in Southern California. It is so much worse with the visuals. Plus they always show the car chases no matter what the outcome because they are showing it live.

Death is a part of life whether it be peacful or violent.

rack'm

Jaded
jwwb2000 said:
If you all think those pics posted are graphic, you should watch the news in Southern California. It is so much worse with the visuals. Plus they always show the car chases no matter what the outcome because they are showing it live.

Death is a part of life whether it be peacful or violent.

I watched a live feed from about 8 years ago when the guy got out of the car and put a shotgun in his mouth........the feed stopped shortly after the trigger pull.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
I think your issue may be more appropriately directed at the Waldorf VFD since the pictures are from their website.

:confused:

R

remaxrealtor

Softballkid said:
Look, MY BEST FRIEND had his head slam up against a tree in a 4 wheeling accident, IVE SEEN PICS, and I SEEN HIM in the hospital, and you know what them pics do EVERY TIME I see them.... it makes me think before I go out and get to stupid on my 4 wheeler....

Does it suck, hell yeah it does, but do I get pizzed when I see them pics, NO, I remember all the good times up until that point, and how its changed my life for the better after seeing them again and again...

I have to say I started out on the other side of this fence. Your points are valid and well stated....nicely done, I now have a new outlook. :high5:

camily

Peace
rack'm said:
I watched a live feed from about 8 years ago when the guy got out of the car and put a shotgun in his mouth........the feed stopped shortly after the trigger pull.
I saw that too! Crazy!

Mikeinsmd

Pete said:

:yeahthat:

BuddyLee

Football addict
vraiblonde said:
WTF??? That is just disgusting and wrong. You shouldn't publish pictures of dead or dying people. Have some friggin' common courtesy and decency.
I've never seen any of that in the papers, no decapitations and the like. Only wreakage and local news.:yay: