Votes: 17 24.3%

• Total voters

Pezfreak

"The tattoo is the mark of the soul.
It can act as a window
through which we can see inside
Or it can be shield to protect us from those
who cannot see past the surface." author unknown

Ive done thousands of tattoos at a busy shop here in so md.
THINK before you INK... it not easy to cover up
a #24 jeff gordon tramp stamp:lmao:

1. No names
2. Nothing that glorifies anything remotely illegal
3. Nothing obscene.
4. No monkey ass on your bellybutton or legs on either side of your armpit hair
5. Sunscreen will keep it from fading

The first thing my Dad said when he saw mine was "If you rob a bank, you now have an identifying mark." :lol:

If you're just starting out in the working world and are looking to be a professional, exposed tats are not considered a good thing during interviews. If you want a tat and are a professional, don't place it where it could be see when wearing office clothes (short sleeve shirt, open collar, skirt, etc..)

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I have 9. The only one I "regret" is the one on the knuckle of my big toe. I got it at 15 and 14 years later it looks like crapola. It's just a little caterpillar, about an inch long and looks fine until you get close to it. I got two koi on the top of the same foot and in time plan on finishing the entire foot which should cover the caterpillar.

CRoyal

Infinite Impetus
"The tattoo is the mark of the soul.
It can act as a window
through which we can see inside
Or it can be shield to protect us from those
who cannot see past the surface." author unknown

Ive done thousands of tattoos at a busy shop here in so md.
THINK before you INK... it not easy to cover up
a #24 jeff gordon tramp stamp:lmao:

Wow..
That's another thing.. low back is a good place to hide a tat but the dreaded 'tramp stamp' label sucks.

Think I am going to hold off :buddies:

KWAK

I only have one on my ankle - and I have no regrets. I am working on a second one that will go on my left shoulder blade.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Wow..
That's another thing.. low back is a good place to hide a tat but the dreaded 'tramp stamp' label sucks.

Tramp stamp is a rough name but damn they are HOT! :drool:

Personally I vote for going with a friend. You get the stamp, and talk HER into the monkeys!! :lol:

Pezfreak

Wow..

I know what you mean. Being in the business, I was horrified when the label first began to circulate.
Even more disturbing .. a 20 year old ts becomes a hag tag:faint:
All joking aside. A lower back tattoo or any tattoo for that matter can be beautiful. It can be a personal or public statement. Your artist should be
able to give you tasteful advice and provide info on how your selected design should age and what factors play a role.

lovinmaryland

I have 9. The only one I "regret" is the one on the knuckle of my big toe. I got it at 15 and 14 years later it looks like crapola. It's just a little caterpillar, about an inch long and looks fine until you get close to it. I got two koi on the top of the same foot and in time plan on finishing the entire foot which should cover the caterpillar.

I like the one on your toe I think it is cute.

I have 0 I am scared of needles :yikes:

K

kris31280

I like the one on your toe I think it is cute.

I have 0 I am scared of needles :yikes:
:lmao: I'm TERRIFIED of needles... but you never see the needle when they tattoo you. I watched them do the two on my inside ankles and it was fascinating to see a piece of art that meant to much to me come to life.

stlrnd4

I have a tat on my right shoulder, two birds holding a banner with my kids names. I dont regret it, I am going to get another on my 40th birthday on the 28th

RaspberryBeret

Protected By Trunk Monkey
If you're just starting out in the working world and are looking to be a professional, exposed tats are not considered a good thing during interviews. If you want a tat and are a professional, don't place it where it could be see when wearing office clothes (short sleeve shirt, open collar, skirt, etc..)

I have to agree with this comment. I have a few tats myself and I actually do regret the ones that are exposed when I wear a skirt to work or a dress to a formal function. I think it takes away from the "professional and/or formal look".
The tats that I have in areas that can be exposed outside of the work environment are pretty cool and I have absolutely no regrets for those! :smile: