Tebow!!!

puggymom

My hubby commented that he could practically see the halo around the ball on that 80 yard winning TD pass.
**he does like like Tebow at all, well maybe not him per se but all the media hype like this kid is Brees, Brady or Rogers.**

Last edited:
How cool was that?

As a second-tier Ravens fan, I'm happy to see the Steelers out of the way. They scared me more than anyone else in the AFC playoffs. I thought the Steelers would win (by jumping on the Broncos early and forcing the Bronco offense to be something it isn't), but I'm happy they didn't. Sorry Steeler fans. :ohwell:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
How cool was that?

As a second-tier Ravens fan, I'm happy to see the Steelers out of the way. They scared me more than anyone else in the AFC playoffs. I thought the Steelers would win (by jumping on the Broncos early and forcing the Bronco offense to be something it isn't), but I'm happy they didn't. Sorry Steeler fans. :ohwell:

As dad says, hindsight is 20/20. Having said that, the proper analysis of this game before it was played would have been;

Tebow has to limit his mistakes.
Denvers D is good enough to slow down the Steelers and cover their WR's.
Ben is hurting and his vital mobility is very limited
Tebow has to make a few plays AND has the skill people to make it happen if he can find them and get them the ball.

I took it for granted that Ben would play well enough and he almost did. I did not give Denver's D anywhere near the credit they had earned all season going into this game. Tebow has yet to win a game where his D gave up a lot of points and couldn't get off the field.

So, Tebow didn't make any mistakes, their D showed up, Ben was limited, and Tebow made several really good throws.

And this, boys and girls, is why, after all the predictions, we play the games.
:buddies:

And now, looking forward to NE, Denver's D HAS to be considered good enough to slow down Brady and his Bunch. And Denver CAN control the ball, mount some drives, pound it and the Pat's D is not in the same class as Pittsburgh. So, if St. Timothy has a few more good throws in him...

I think the Revival is a'comin' to Charm City!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
As dad says, hindsight is 20/20. Having said that, the proper analysis of this game before it was played would have been;

Tebow has to make a few plays AND has the skill people to make it happen if he can find them and get them the ball.

I took it for granted that Ben would play well enough and he almost did. I did not give Denver's D anywhere near the credit they had earned all season going into this game. Tebow has yet to win a game where his D gave up a lot of points and couldn't get off the field.

So, Tebow didn't make any mistakes, their D showed up, Ben was limited, and Tebow made several really good throws.

And now, looking forward to NE, Denver's D HAS to be considered good enough to slow down Brady and his Bunch. And Denver CAN control the ball, mount some drives, pound it and the Pat's D is not in the same class as Pittsburgh. So, if St. Timothy has a few more good throws in him...

I'd like to know what, and how much, drugs they hit Rottenburger with at halftime.. After the halftime break there wasn't as much as a limp from him..

Of course you ask the sportscasters and they'll claim ADRENALIN of a post season game, to which I say.. :bs: unless adrenalin comes in a syringe.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'd like to know what, and how much, drugs they hit Rottenburger with at halftime.. After the halftime break there wasn't as much as a limp from him..

Of course you ask the sportscasters and they'll claim ADRENALIN of a post season game, to which I say.. :bs: unless adrenalin comes in a syringe.

They get shots all the time. Trying to remember who it was and it may have been Ben, but, they got shot before the game and again at half time.

Not a secret. They don't promote it much but, you can be sure guys are taking all sorts of stuff to get through a game.

And, I saw Ben limping plenty in the second half. :shrug:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo

He received "treatment" during the half. :northdallasforty:

OBTW: Champ Bailey STILL has game:burning:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
He received "treatment" during the half. :northdallasforty:

Every time we call it a game, you call it a business. Every time we call it a business, you call it a game.

Excellent movie

OBTW: Champ Bailey STILL has game:burning:

Except for dropping that shouldabeen INT late that would probably have nailed the win down, but that would have negated the Tebow craze.

Where would this thread be then?

Beta84

They're out to get us

Hang on a second. Denver's D showed up? I'm not saying their D was terrible, but 23 points isn't a GOOD showing on defense -- especially when you're playing against a hobbled QB, a 2nd string RB, and the team is missing its Pro Bowl Center and some other OL. 23 points is the average of what the Redskins gave up this season, good for 21st in the NFL. That was a below average showing by their defense, especially when you consider how hobbled Pittsburgh's offense was.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Hang on a second. Denver's D showed up? I'm not saying their D was terrible, but 23 points isn't a GOOD showing on defense -- especially when you're playing against a hobbled QB, a 2nd string RB, and the team is missing its Pro Bowl Center and some other OL. 23 points is the average of what the Redskins gave up this season, good for 21st in the NFL. That was a below average showing by their defense, especially when you consider how hobbled Pittsburgh's offense was.

23 points was good enough to win, yes? Statistics are not interchangeable. No way our D holds them to 23 in the pressure of playoffs. At least I don't think so. Denver has team speed on D and did I very good job. Maybe great. They are not a GREAT defense but, they are good and it is certainly one of the strengths of the team. They are one of the reasons Tebow could play like he had 5 thumbs for 3 quarters and then mount a game winning drive late. They often made stops when they had to.

And I think they match up well with NE's O this coming week. Better than most and it's because of the speed they have.

And hobbled or not, who is 100% right now? Anyone? It's the playoffs and they beat the defending AFC champ Pittsburgh Steelers and they didn't beat them because St. Timothy put up 50.

:shrug:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
heard that yesterday as well. Couldn't stand Tebow as a stinking limpid lizard of UF, but always admired his stance on his faith.

He is a rock solid, muscular Christian, and that really ticks off a lot of people.

Too bad, so sad for those people.

The Tebows will lose this Sat night. But they have accomplished much behind this young man, love him or hate him. He has made the entire team and organization better because he is a born, gifted leader.

Can't teach that.

God works in mysterious ways. It's best to just recognize that.

thurley42

HY;FR
heard that yesterday as well. Couldn't stand Tebow as a stinking limpid lizard of UF, but always admired his stance on his faith.

He is a rock solid, muscular Christian, and that really ticks off a lot of people.

The Tebows will lose this Sat night. But they have accomplished much behind this young man, love him or hate him. He has made the entire team and organization better because he is a born, gifted leader.

Can't teach that.

Does that rev your engine?:killingme

puggymom

Can't teach that.

BS! That has nothing to do with it. Where was all this "love" for Chad Pennington? I would bet he is 10 times the QB that Tebow is PLUS he is Christian, and not by his words, but his actions.

And I thought he was a pretty stellar guy even when he was a Jet!

b23hqb

PREMO Member
BS! That has nothing to do with it. Where was all this "love" for Chad Pennington? I would bet he is 10 times the QB that Tebow is PLUS he is Christian, and not by his words, but his actions.

And I thought he was a pretty stellar guy even when he was a Jet!

He sounds like a stellar person at that. I did not know he was a Christian, but I am glad that he is. Probably a lot of people don't know that a lot of players are Christians as well.

Then again, our mission as Christians is to profess it to others privately and publicly. That is our responsibility as our witness.

Tebow has a platform like we have not seen before, and he started building that platform from a young age. He has been in the spotlight since high school, magnified at UF, and we can all see it now.

Good for him.

The Broncos lost, as I said they would. They really ran into that silver and blue buzz saw. Next up..........

Go Patriots.