Tebow!!!

Beta84

They're out to get us
Boom...plug Tebow's name in there instead of Orton's and you get my point...:buddies:

But you're using that one a 1 game basis (like otter did pointing out the Bears game), while I'm trying to use two halves of a season (Orton vs Tebow records). Clearly there's a difference and it revolved around 1 person. Winning is winning and the QB was the change. I guess that means Orton may be better than Palko. :lol:

Otter

Nothing to see here
But you're using that one a 1 game basis (like otter did pointing out the Bears game), while I'm trying to use two halves of a season (Orton vs Tebow records). Clearly there's a difference and it revolved around 1 person. Winning is winning and the QB was the change. I guess that means Orton may be better than Palko. :lol:

Sorry, I should have inserted an 'for example' in citing the Bears game. The common thread through this run of Tebow miracles was the opposing team went to prevent defenses.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Sorry, I should have inserted an 'for example' in citing the Bears game. The common thread through this run of Tebow miracles was the Bronco's won.

:evil:

The reason why teams use prevents late is that, most of the time, it works. At the end of the day (or game as the case may be) he's been making plays, some of them amazing. He could be done for the year, fresh out of great plays. I'm still watching when I can!

I do agree, 100%, that you can't be running around using his 4th quarter stats as some sort of measure of how good he is; it's distorted and it is for the reasons you list.

This league has two stats that matter, W's and L's.

:buddies:

monsterman

Dig it!
:evil:

The reason why teams use prevents late is that, most of the time, it works. At the end of the day (or game as the case may be) he's been making plays, some of them amazing. He could be done for the year, fresh out of great plays. I'm still watching when I can!

I do agree, 100%, that you can't be running around using his 4th quarter stats as some sort of measure of how good he is; it's distorted and it is for the reasons you list.

This league has two stats that matter, W's and L's.

:buddies:

I've seen a lot of teams over the years that almost lose games because they go prevent defense, and a lot of games get much closer on the scoreboard than they really were because the DC decided to play prevent...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I've seen a lot of teams over the years that almost lose games because they go prevent defense, and a lot of games get much closer on the scoreboard than they really were because the DC decided to play prevent...

Yup. And that is the goal of the prevent in the NFL, that if I have to make 4,5, 6 plays in a row in a hurry, I'm gonna mess up somewhere and the whole while the clock is ticking.

Not playing prevent means you are either putting your corners man to man in which case a home run might happen if a safety doesn't get over in time or, you are putting 2 corners and 2 safeties in zone and there is only four of them against 4 or five people running underneath any one of which could be looking to break long. And what of the linebackers? Regular d is read and react. Prevent is get back, then read, then react. Regular D, maybe one LB jumps a route, wrongly, and now a RB or TE is racing up the middle alone.

All prevent is is to burn time, make you string plays together and prevent a home run. It looks horrible but, it is the percentage choice. :shrug:

monsterman

Dig it!
Yup. And that is the goal of the prevent in the NFL, that if I have to make 4,5, 6 plays in a row in a hurry, I'm gonna mess up somewhere and the whole while the clock is ticking.

Not playing prevent means you are either putting your corners man to man in which case a home run might happen if a safety doesn't get over in time or, you are putting 2 corners and 2 safeties in zone and there is only four of them against 4 or five people running underneath any one of which could be looking to break long. And what of the linebackers? Regular d is read and react. Prevent is get back, then read, then react. Regular D, maybe one LB jumps a route, wrongly, and now a RB or TE is racing up the middle alone.

All prevent is is to burn time, make you string plays together and prevent a home run. It looks horrible but, it is the percentage choice. :shrug:

Yep, you're right. But it sure is aggravating to watch! When I played we just dropped a LB, went to a nickel D and played interior defense as normal. Worked good but for sure we weren't NCAA or NFL caliber. And the coaches got to keep their hair...:biggrin:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yep, you're right. But it sure is aggravating to watch! When I played we just dropped a LB, went to a nickel D and played interior defense as normal. Worked good but for sure we weren't NCAA or NFL caliber. And the coaches got to keep their hair...:biggrin:

:lol: We didn't even have a prevent. The coaches just yelled at the DB's not let anyone get behind them. And we sent everyone else.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Cam is probably eating a bowl of Lucky Charms in front of his TV watching Tebow play in a playoff game.

Cam Newton is probably putting on his Tebow Superman undies right now, just before he tries to put on his Tebow jammies both legs at once..