teenager trouble

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
beachcat said:
:elaine:

I agree - kick his little smart a*s to the moon.
:nono: it's not about physical punishment, it's letting them know that you're not intimidated by them (no matter their size) and that they will respect their parents and making sure they understand that they will no longer live there when they choose to live by their own rules.

It's like smacking a dog with a newspaper, it makes some noise and surprises them but no physical harm.

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Next time he mouths off hand him the phone.. and when he looks at you like WTF?? You tell him.. "It's up to you, you can call the cops now, before the asswhoopin, or call them later, after the asswhoopin.. either way you're going to get your asswhooped."

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Softballkid said:
I still flinch when I see YOUR dad :twitch:
He might of spanked me 4 times in my life. I respected him because I knew the consequences, not because he beat me senseless.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Ehesef said:
He might of spanked me 4 times in my life. I respected him because I knew the consequences, not because he beat me senseless.

So your telling me he beat me and cuz more than his own kids :jameo:

I knew I shouldn't of played baseball for him :killingme

How is the old guy doing now adays :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ehesef said:
See, I didn't smack my kids around either. I'd yell at them, but I could probably count on one hand the number of times I whacked them one. And all of those were little kid spankings, not a true smack in the mouth like you want to do with teenagers.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
vraiblonde said:
See, I didn't smack my kids around either. I'd yell at them, but I could probably count on one hand the number of times I whacked them one. And all of those were little kid spankings, not a true smack in the mouth like you want to do with teenagers.
Every time I go home I still worry about doing something wrong and my dad coming after me with the belt..

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Softballkid said:
So your telling me he beat me and cuz more than his own kids :jameo:

I knew I shouldn't of played baseball for him :killingme
He was way harder on his baseball team than he was on his little angels.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
vraiblonde said:

I can count the number of times I got my ass whooped from the ages of 1-7.... after that, it goes down hill :lmao:

99% of my ass whoopin's though, I deserved :ohwell:

:lol:

Mikeinsmd

vraiblonde said:
:hippie:

BlackSheep

robbie said:
Hi, have a 16 yr. old who is starting with the mouthy stuff and all. Anyone know what you are and are not allowed to do as far as discipline. He has been a good kid but as of late its getting a bit unrespectful and sorta full of himself. Anyone know what the law is? He is bigger than his father which doesn't help.
Maybe something else is going on??
Have you sat down w/him and just listened?
Getting physical isn't the answer-IMHO.
What's his Daddy think?
Is his Daddy around?

oldman

Lobster Land
robbie said:
Hi, have a 16 yr. old who is starting with the mouthy stuff and all. Anyone know what you are and are not allowed to do as far as discipline. He has been a good kid but as of late its getting a bit unrespectful and sorta full of himself. Anyone know what the law is? He is bigger than his father which doesn't help.

#1, you and hubby have to stand united. At 16 my oldest towered over me and outweighed me but I demonstrated to him that size isn't everything. He'd test me but never disrepected me. He also passed this onto my youngest son and he never attempted. Had a 15 year old step-son that told me to FO. I backed him into a metal pole and said if he ever said that to me again I'd put his head through the pole. He never said it again. It was my way of parenting and I'm not saying it's for everyone, but it sure got the results I was after. Sometimes being a parent means not being their favorite person all the time.

robbie

This is new. Up to now nothing serious. Told him if he ever got physical we would call cops and he can see how he likes living elsewhere if its so bad here. I stripped all the goodies out of the room also. No more driving either. We are putting foot down hard now. We have spanked the kids when they were younger but didn't have to much. I am letting him make his own mistakes now too. I would like to know legally what they do with em if they do get physical. I want to be able to tell him this is what will happen and thats that.
If you do something its in your own hands.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
vraiblonde said:

I didn't spank either. Only one time I hit my oldest son...backhanded him right in mouth and I had to swing up to do it (he was 6' tall).

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Softballkid said:
I can count the number of times I got my ass whooped from the ages of 1-7.... after that, it goes down hill :lmao:

99% of my ass whoopin's though, I deserved :ohwell:

:lol:
EGGSZACKLY!!

I earned every single one of 'em..

Radiant1

Soul Probe
robbie said:

When my 16 y.o. crosses the line I strip his priveleges clean...I remove the video console, the tv, the cell phone, the stereo, mp3, keys, etc. He then has to earn them back one by one by doing extra chores around the house and keeping his smart-arse thoughts to himself. It does tend to humble him for a few months until he forgets himself and we cycle through the process again.

BlackSheep

robbie said:
This is new. Up to now nothing serious. Told him if he ever got physical we would call cops and he can see how he likes living elsewhere if its so bad here. I stripped all the goodies out of the room also. No more driving either. We are putting foot down hard now. We have spanked the kids when they were younger but didn't have to much. I am letting him make his own mistakes now too. I would like to know legally what they do with em if they do get physical. I want to be able to tell him this is what will happen and thats that.
If you do something its in your own hands.
Doesn't sound new?!? Why would you threaten with "IF he ever got physical".
Where are you going to draw the line at "letting him make his own mistakes"? One might be all it takes!
Good luck Mama.
:yay:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
cattitude said:
We only reached across the table ONE time at our dinner table. :lol:

It's PLEASE PASS THE SALT and MAY I PLEASE BE EXCUSED NOW? And don't you forget it, either.

:lmao: