teenager trouble

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
cattitude said:
I didn't spank either. Only one time I hit my oldest son...backhanded him right in mouth and I had to swing up to do it (he was 6' tall).

I remember one time, I was in my teens, my father got lippy with his mom. My dad's 6'4"; my grandma was 5' at the most. He said a curse word. She jerked her head back, got up from her chair, told my father to sit down, which he did. Once he sat down, she smacked the crap out of him, and told him he may be bigger than her and a father himself, but he was still subject to get smacked by his momma.

Me and my brother rolled in the floor. :killingme

oldman

Lobster Land
robbie said:
This is new. Up to now nothing serious. Told him if he ever got physical we would call cops and he can see how he likes living elsewhere if its so bad here. I stripped all the goodies out of the room also. No more driving either. We are putting foot down hard now. We have spanked the kids when they were younger but didn't have to much. I am letting him make his own mistakes now too. I would like to know legally what they do with em if they do get physical. I want to be able to tell him this is what will happen and thats that.
If you do something its in your own hands.

Teenagers will and do have to test the waters, guess it's a big part of growing up for some. My oldest visited Cheltenham a couple of times and after the last he said Dad I'm not going back there ever. It is not a nice place to stay. Some lessons in life are hard.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I'd like to thank the following ....

mainman said:
ps..... slap the taste out of that little bastards mouth...

Ehesef said:
Bet you wished you had cracked his ass when he was younger now, dontcha hippie?

aps45819 said:
:lol: told my boy I'd slap the white off him

itsbob said:
Next time he mouths off hand him the phone.. and when he looks at you like WTF?? You tell him.. "It's up to you, you can call the cops now, before the asswhoopin, or call them later, after the asswhoopin.. either way you're going to get your asswhooped."

I just let DQ read your responses, and I just gave her a look. She scurried out of the room with her hand on her mouth. :bubble: Girlfriend knows that if she gets lippy with me, she's gonna get "popped in the mouth". I've only had to do it once so far; this was just a refresher course. :really:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
crabcake said:
Girlfriend knows that if she gets lippy with me, she's gonna get "popped in the mouth". I've only had to do it once so far; this was just a refresher course. :really:
:yeahthat: It's not about the physical pain, it's the instant correction for the transgression.
I'm thinking about getting my boy a choker collar

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
aps45819 said:
:yeahthat: It's not about the physical pain, it's the instant correction for the transgression.
Or one of those shock collars.

aps45819 said:
Do you make the "Shhh-tt" sound at him like the dog whisperer too? I use it on my son on occasion and it gets his attention... annoys the hell outta him... but gets his attention just the same...:lol:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
kwillia said:
Do you make the "Shhh-tt" sound at him like the dog whisperer too? I use it on my son on occasion and it gets his attention... annoys the hell outta him... but gets his attention just the same...:lol:

Dr. Evil :lmao:

elaine said:
I got him good a couple Fridays ago. He wanted me to drive him over his friend's house. I said I would but asked him to do a couple things first. We were heading down the driveway when I asked if he had done the things and he admitted that he only did one. I stopped the vehicle and turned it off and told him, "I have all night." He looked at me out of the corner of his eyes, sighed real big, got out and proceeded to walk across the yard towards the house... at .... a.... snails.... pace. He returned to the vehicle at the same pace. He got in and said, "You said you had all night." I looked at him and didn't say a word. I proceeded to drive the 5 miles to his friend's house... at 15 mph... maxed out at 20 when coasting down hill. :biggrin: He was mortified each time I flagged a car around us or if we passed a house that had people in the yard. He was practically hyperventilating by the time we got to his friends house. :biggrin:

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
My girls are scared to death of me when they need to be. They jump to attention real quick when my witch switch flips. I spanked when they were younger if they needed it and I cracked my 18 year old across the mouth a couple a times during her early teen years. She deserved every bit of it and one of those times was for mouthing off to her dad. Big no no in front of me.

But the thing that scares them the most is losing their privlages and freedoms. No home phone, cells, computer, video games, TV, Stereo or Ipod. No spending cash, no going anywhere and no contact with friends or the outside world outside of school.

My girls don't want that. They know there are no exceptions to our rules and there are consequences if they break them. They're typical teen girls and I don't deny them that. But they behave, don't talk back to me or dad, get good grades and do their chores or else.

Cowgirl

kwillia said:
I got him good a couple Fridays ago. He wanted me to drive him over his friend's house. I said I would but asked him to do a couple things first. We were heading down the driveway when I asked if he had done the things and he admitted that he only did one. I stopped the vehicle and turned it off and told him, "I have all night." He looked at me out of the corner of his eyes, sighed real big, got out and proceeded to walk across the yard towards the house... at .... a.... snails.... pace. He returned to the vehicle at the same pace. He got in and said, "You said you had all night." I looked at him and didn't say a word. I proceeded to drive the 5 miles to his friend's house... at 15 mph... maxed out at 20 when coasting down hill. :biggrin: He was mortified each time I flagged a car around us or if we passed a house that had people in the yard. He was practically hyperventilating by the time we got to his friends house. :biggrin:

:lmao:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
kwillia said:
:roflmao: I'm filing that one away for future use. :killingme

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
kwillia said:

EXCELLENT!!! :roflmao:

Cowgirl

Tough love vs. Spanking....

From a world famous child psychologist...

Most of America's population thinks it's improper to spank children, so I have tried other methods to control my kids when they have one of "those moments." One that I found effective is for me to just take the child for a car ride and talk. They usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our car ride together.
I've included a photo below of one of my sessions with my son, in case you would like to see the technique.

Attachments

• ShowLetter.jpg
    ShowLetter.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 71
I raised two kids... might I suggest that you figure out what it will cost to finish raising him and offer him the cash if he will just leave now!

H

hborror

Lugnut said:
16 is a bit old to start thinking of spanking. :lmao:

What are you doing now for discipline?

I agree :lmao:

It sounds like you want to beat him the way you wrote your post and thats not cool.

mommarock

kwillia said:

LOVE IT!!!! :killingme

robbie

I'm sorry if anyone read my post and ass/u/med that I wanted to do anything to him. What I wanted to know was if HE got physical (which he has not done) what would happen if we called authorities. I don't really want to beat on my kid at this age but I want him to know that he will be outta here. This was new to us and we stopped it in its tracks but being he is 16 I want to know what to expect if it happens again. Thats all.
I was raised in WV. You got the belt or cut a switch and you didn't get it that often because you remembered the last time for about a year or so.
I appreciated the help from those who offered.