Tell me a deer story!

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
We got a 6pt, 8pt, 10pt and a large doe today.
It is getteng late and everone went to sleep early.

BD

JustynSayneBand

I went...
I sat...
I left...

Not much happening for me this year yet. It's all happening after dark, I step one foot on the ground, and then they run off, that's happened 2 times so far.

tugboater

Miller Tang Soo Do Rocks
Just got my very frist deer ever this moring over at my brother in laws.Took him about 9 am. I was just about to come out .I thought it was my brother in law I was going to say something and I looked down there he was.It was a nice size button buck.

Last edited:

Angel

~*~*~
A BIG ASS DEER went running through my backyard yesterday and my dog had a fit! Luckily my dog is on a run and couldn't chase it any further then the end of her run. The Deer ran West. That's all I can tell you. Speaking of which, I need to call my Uncle and Cousin for some venison. :yum:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Driving off of Webster Field sitting atop the knoll by the fishing dock, backlit by the sun.. a BEAUTIFUL 8 point (at least) The rack was high, and the tips almost touched.. Couldn't count the tips, but the rack was BIG and high.. Backed up to take a picture (it was post card quality) and realized I didn't have my camera OR my phonw.

DQ2B

Here's one for ya. I am SICK TO DEATH of the @ssholes that keep chopping off the deer heads and leaving the carcasses along the side of my property. There are three there right now and every year it's the same. For those of you who do such things may you rot in hell one day, you are scum. Same for those of you who shoot, wound and don't track your deer. One was shot through the shoulder yesterday and lay moaning in front of a roadside barn right out in the open. Now how friggin difficult would it have been for the idiot who took the shot to find him. But, enjoy your "trophys" while you can.

For all you other responsible hunters, best of luck to you.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
8 pt, two 6 pt, two 4 pt, couple of buttons, couple of does taken off my place this year...we just may get to enjoy some green beans from the garden next year!

two bald eagles enjoying a gut pile this AM...

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Here's one for ya. I am SICK TO DEATH of the @ssholes that keep chopping off the deer heads and leaving the carcasses along the side of my property. There are three there right now and every year it's the same. For those of you who do such things may you rot in hell one day, you are scum. Same for those of you who shoot, wound and don't track your deer. One was shot through the shoulder yesterday and lay moaning in front of a roadside barn right out in the open. Now how friggin difficult would it have been for the idiot who took the shot to find him. But, enjoy your "trophys" while you can.

I agree.

I have not hunted in years but when I did it wasn't for show it was for food. Now I am thinking about dropping one sometime soon once my freezer gets low on meat, never for show though.

I have some guys hunting behind my place and they have taken an 8 point, a 4 point and 6 does..
8 pt, two 6 pt, two 4 pt, couple of buttons, couple of does taken off my place this year...we just may get to enjoy some green beans from the garden next year!

two bald eagles enjoying a gut pile this AM...
If you want more taken, I am always looking for somewhere to hunt. Have an empty freezer to fill, so I am after meat, not trophies.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
SO's Nice 9 point taken Sat morning

Attachments

• Rogers9point[2].jpg
    Rogers9point[2].jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 152

I knew that was a problem years ago but have not heard about this in recent years.

That is absolutely dispicable...

There are organizations which will take the meat for the poor for pete sakes!

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member

They are poachers not hunters. Call the DNR poacher hotline and they will help you out.

CATCH A POACHER: Guide to Hunting & Trapping in Maryland 2007-2008

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Got my first deer Monday!

He saw me before I saw him...I had a hard time not laughing becuase I was hunting from the ground, and he kept staring and stomping at me. I can't believe that I was able to get the gun shouldered, but when I did I was able to get a good broadside shot! He only went about 40 yards and dropped. Field dressed at 125 :yahoo:

Attachments

• Moms Buck  edited.JPG
    Moms Buck edited.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 188
He saw me before I saw him...I had a hard time not laughing becuase I was hunting from the ground, and he kept staring and stomping at me. I can't believe that I was able to get the gun shouldered, but when I did I was able to get a good broadside shot! He only went about 40 yards and dropped. Field dressed at 125 :yahoo:
Sweet!