Tell me a fish story!

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Went out at 3:00pm or 1500 for you military types. Caught about 20 or 25 rockfish only three keepers.

Bird Dog said:
Went Cobia fishing at the CBBT last weekend. There were a lot of cobia in that area. Didn't know they were up this far. Sounds like fun.
Only rarely, that's why I mentioned it. Down around the target ship they aren't uncommon later in the year, but this is very early and much further North. I've never caught one and want to add one to my list.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Friday:
12 Bluefish
3 Rockfish plus a lot of small ones
1 Approx. 40lb Red Drum/Channel Bass released
Saturday:
Only went out for about 2 hours
2 Rockfish
1 Bluefish

Anyone else? :howdy:

Mikeinsmd

Bird Dog said:
Friday:
12 Bluefish
3 Rockfish plus a lot of small ones
1 Approx. 40lb Red Drum/Channel Bass released
Saturday:
Only went out for about 2 hours
2 Rockfish
1 Bluefish

Anyone else? :howdy:
Why'd you release the red drum?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Mikeinsmd said:
Why'd you release the red drum?

I don't really care to eat them, they are not the best tasting and it was so big I would of had to freeze most of it which would make it taste worse.

I do like the small ones though.

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
8 Croaker (9-15 inches)
Several Perch
4 rather nice size spot
1 undersize Puppy Drum (11 inches)
1 Snapper Blue (12 inches)

Not a real big haul but the enjoyment of being out there with Mini-me was priceless. :yay:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I know some of you have been fishing, I haven't, so I need to live vicariously through your stories.

Tell me a fish story. ( A recent and real one of course)

RealDeale

Last Satuday morning me and a pal caught our limit of Rockfish in 30 minutes, live lining spot, just south of the Choptank River channel. It took longer to catch our bait than the Rockfish. We tried for some Flounder after that but struck out and caught a bunch of hard-heads. The weather looks good for this weekend so I hope to do it again.

RealDeale

Went out Saturday morning on someone else's boat. Landed a 5lb. Bluefish, a very big Croaker and 13 Flounder but all the Flounder were below legal size limit. Throw in a few average sized Croaker and smaller blues and it was a good half day of fishing.
P.S. The water was rough as hell going out of Solomons and heading East in the morning but got better as the day progressed. I'm sure I saw some 5-6 foot swells out in the main channel.

molake

Spot w/earthworms

My boy just caught a dozen spot in Mill Creek off of some earthworms he got in the yard ... he didn't want to spend the $$$ on bloodworms

CheriAnn

Biker Chick
We were in the Potomac, near Harry Nice bridge and hubby caught a skate!!
First time I saw one...then the very next day I saw the two fins of one above water going right past our boat!!!!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
One time I was bass fishing in Okeechobee and had just hooked about a 9lb bass. I grabbed the landing net to get the bass, when I saw a huge turtle coming after the bass, across the bow. I knelt down on the boat with my fishing rod held high in one hand and reached down to scoop up the turtle with the net. Just as I was about to land the turtle, a big-assed manatee popped up out of the water and kissed me right on the mouth.

~David Lawrence, Sr.

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
PrchJrkr said:
One time I was bass fishing in Okeechobee and had just hooked about a 9lb bass. I grabbed the landing net to get the bass, when I saw a huge turtle coming after the bass, across the bow. I knelt down on the boat with my fishing rod held high in one hand and reached down to scoop up the turtle with the net. Just as I was about to land the turtle, a big-assed manatee popped up out of the water and kissed me right on the mouth.

~David Lawrence, Sr.

I like his story about the winch bolted to the stern of the boat to land a drum he caught with a pot roast on a grappling anchor. "Damn near pulled the boat under." :killingme :killingme

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Breaking schools of both Rockfish and large Blues from Pt No Point to Point Lookout.
Follow the birds and remember to slow down before you reach them, running too fast drives them down.