Tell me, was I that wrong in my response?

rack'm

Jaded
bcp said:
So here I was today at this little business type lunch that was set up for like type business concerns as mine, sort of a meet and greet share ideas type of thing.
These two guys come up, dressed in suits and began talking to me and my business (non gay) partner.

after a few moments of conversation I did introduce my business partner as such, they one of the two introduced his partner,,,,, as his WIFE!!! :killingme

So, was it wrong of me to laugh and assume that it was a joke? they both seemed to get rather pissed at me and just walked away..

I just assumed that the other guy was the accountant and held the company purse strings, I had no clue that they were actually bumping uglies.

Oh well,, I guess they are not interested in my business thoughts.

That there's funny, I don't care who ya are......:roflmao: :killingme :roflmao: :killingme

Business wise, you laid an egg.........:smack:

Otherwise, I would have done the same......or worse. :killingme

MMDad

Lem Putt
harleygirl said:
You were too crazy even for me to try to figure out......I sent you straight up to St. Elizabeth's!! :killingme

I said him, not me! Aren't nurses supposed to show a little discretion?

rack'm

Jaded
harleygirl said:
I have a better one than that......I had a man call the ER once and told me had a problem, he liked to act like a little baby. I laughed hysterically and gave him directions to come, the whole time thinking it was some kid playing games. Imagine to my shock and horror 30 minutes later a grown man came in naked, except wearing an adult diaper, and carrying a baby rattle. :shocking:

So, besides shock value, what did the sicko want??

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
vraiblonde said:
I tend to be more friendly than formal with my clients, so we chit chat a bit. It wouldn't be out of line or unusual for a client to say, "This is my partner" and mean that this person is their SO, just like saying "this is my husband/wife". I just wish there was a clearer word so I'd know whether I should add this person to the billing address or not.
As a society, we're still new to the concept. Of course we knew it was evolving, but like anything else, it takes time to get accustomed to. One of these days, someone will coin a new name or phrase, and it will be that much easier.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Penn said:
As a society, we're still new to the concept. Of course we knew it was evolving, but like anything else, it takes time to get accustomed to. One of these days, someone will coin a new name or phrase, and it will be that much easier.
Unfortunately, that phrase will change so often that people outside that lifestyle will never be able to keep up. Try using the words "Negro" or "Colored People" in the workplace and you'll probably be fired, unless you are refering to the United Negro College Fund or NAACP. Newcasters even refer to Africans in Africa as African Americans because they fear offending someone.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
MMDad said:
Newcasters even refer to Africans in Africa as African Americans because they fear offending someone.
Did you see when the CNN chickie described the French rioters as "African-American"? :killingme

Steeempy, you eeediot! :smack:

MMDad

Lem Putt
vraiblonde said:
Did you see when the CNN chickie described the French rioters as "African-American"? :killingme

Steeempy, you eeediot! :smack:

That's the one I was thinking of! Great catch! :lmao:

camily

Peace
appyday said:
You know none of my gay friends would ever do that....

And thinking about it I wonder when I go somewhere with one of my girl friends and say...this is my girl friend so and so how many peple wonder about me..

Also if they intoducted themselves like that it is just clear they wanted you to know who was the givie and who was the recievie... :lmao:
Maybe it's the mullet and wallet in your back pocket that make them think you're gay? :shrug:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
vraiblonde said:
I just wish there was a clearer word so I'd know whether I should add this person to the billing address or not.

bunger/bungee :shrug:

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
harleygirl said:
I have a better one than that......I had a man call the ER once and told me had a problem, he liked to act like a little baby. I laughed hysterically and gave him directions to come, the whole time thinking it was some kid playing games. Imagine to my shock and horror 30 minutes later a grown man came in naked, except wearing an adult diaper, and carrying a baby rattle. :shocking:
There was abig fat guy that dressed up like that to do stripograms around here a while back. He made a fortune.:lol:

Mikeinsmd

bcp said:
...after a few moments of conversation I did introduce my business partner as such, they one of the two introduced his partner,,,,, as his WIFE!!! :killingme
Tell the fag to study harder in school..... :duh:

wife
n. pl. wives
A woman joined to a man in marriage; a female spouse.

tirdun

staring into the abyss
I agree, I don't know of any situation in which introducing a guy as a "wife" would not be taken as a joke or jab. If I call some guy my wife, I'd certainly mean it as an insult/joke.

Even if they're somehow married (another country, legal union, whatever) I still don't see how either one is the "wife". English alread has a perfectly good word for "guy who is my spouse" and it is "husband". Although it stretches the meaning from the intended one, it would at least convey what the hell he wanted it to mean. A guy walks up and seriously introduces another guy as his "husband", I'm not going to be confused.

bcp

In My Opinion
tirdun said:
A guy walks up and seriously introduces another guy as his "husband", I'm not going to be confused.
No, no confusion,,

but, Im still going to laugh:killingme

Hessian

Oh come on you people!!!

In so many words...the majority of you would laugh in disbelief...even snort in disgust.
But this is the 21st century...we are supposed to be tolerant, open, progressive. Your behavior is deplorable in today's modern world. You have imposed your standards on a divergent lifestyle and you should all be ashamed. That is why we need laws to protect people from bigots like yourselves. How dare you judge!

So...how does that feel? This is what you will get with the PC world to come...unless we are forced to pray to Mecca 5 times a day.(Which is the second option...wherein the man and his "wife" get publicly beheaded.)

slotted

Hessian said:
So...how does that feel? This is what you will get with the PC world to come...unless we are forced to pray to Mecca 5 times a day.(Which is the second option...wherein the man and his "wife" get publicly beheaded.)
Take lots of guns and head to the mountains Hessain. :bigwhoop:

bcp

In My Opinion
Dougstermd said:
So was your gay partner busy at the time?
let me try to explain in more certain terms.
I dont choose to hang out with the rump rangers. Just dont see any value in what they have to offer.

now, lesbians,, thats a whole different story if they look like the ones in the magazines.. of course, if they look like they could take on Arnold in his terminator days,, again, no need for that.

nope, no gerbil abusers in my list of people I associate with.

bcp

In My Opinion
appyday said:
One of my best friends is a "gerbil abuser" I would take him over most of my straight friends anyday...He is faithful, honest and a woderful friend..always there when you need him..
He's always there because you own a pet store with gerbils in it.

of course, between you and I,(nobody else read this)
After much observation of my daughters new puppy, I am starting to see a trend in his affections for a male teddy bear. I think I may be the owner of a homohound.
Really too early to tell yet.

(ok, the rest of you can start reading again)

Esprix

tirdun said:
Even if they're somehow married (another country, legal union, whatever) I still don't see how either one is the "wife". English alread has a perfectly good word for "guy who is my spouse" and it is "husband". Although it stretches the meaning from the intended one, it would at least convey what the hell he wanted it to mean. A guy walks up and seriously introduces another guy as his "husband", I'm not going to be confused.

Agreed - introducing your male partner as your "wife" is asking to be laughed at, IMHO. "Partner," "husband," "significant other," whatever, all perfectly acceptable, but "wife" to a complete stranger (and in a non-gay setting no less)? If he meant it as a joke, he shouldn't have been offended that you laughed at it.

Esprix