The babies

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Kittens are the best! When I took in my pregnant rescue 11 years ago, she had 5. Once I could no longer keep them contained to the kitchen all hell broke loose! They’d run down the stairs and launch themselves into the furniture and springboard into the drapes to hang on to, all in tandem. 😂🤣😂
Yes, they definitely do everything in tandem. I tried to post pictures of them sleeping on the pillow but the file is too large. Can't seem to make it work on my phone. Don't know how to resize them.

Also, despite literally sleeping 6 inches from my face for most of the night, they are both still scared of me. They will tolerate me in their general vicinity though.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Yes, they definitely do everything in tandem. I tried to post pictures of them sleeping on the pillow but the file is too large. Can't seem to make it work on my phone. Don't know how to resize them.

Also, despite literally sleeping 6 inches from my face for most of the night, they are both still scared of me. They will tolerate me in their general vicinity though.

Sometimes when this happens, I take a "screenshot" of the photo on my phone. Then, crop that (or just post that way!).

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
It worked!! Thanks @Bann

Attachments

• 20200530_080141.jpg
    20200530_080141.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 221
  • 20200530_080107.jpg
    20200530_080107.jpg
    547.3 KB · Views: 219
  • 20200530_080029.jpg
    20200530_080029.jpg
    540.1 KB · Views: 227

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Pretty sure the babies think their names are "Stop" and "No Ma'am" because I say that a lot to them. Stop is the hisser so every time she does it, I say "Stop". No Ma'am is the crazy one who likes to climb up anything and everything. When I catch her either getting ready to climb something or halfway up something, she gets a stern No Ma'am!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
They couldn't decide if they wanted to play together, by themselves, get a drink, or just karate kick each other in the throat.

Attachments

• 20200530_114755.jpg
    20200530_114755.jpg
    835.7 KB · Views: 204
  • 20200530_114429.jpg
    20200530_114429.jpg
    823.6 KB · Views: 170
  • 20200530_114450.jpg
    20200530_114450.jpg
    995.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 20200530_114343.jpg
    20200530_114343.jpg
    1,020.6 KB · Views: 169

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Crap! The sisters are actually brother and sister. :doh: We were trying to avoid getting a male because of the crystals in the urethra problem. Too late now.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Crap! The sisters are actually brother and sister. :doh: We were trying to avoid getting a male because of the crystals in the urethra problem. Too late now.
There are foods that can help prevent urinary trouble.
Girl cats can get crystals, too. Our Miss Cerridwen of fond memory developed them when were living in Ohio, at about 7 years of age.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
There are foods that can help prevent urinary trouble.
Girl cats can get crystals, too. Our Miss Cerridwen of fond memory developed them when were living in Ohio, at about 7 years of age.
Yes, I know. Our last male was on urinary tract food and still developed them. So often that he ended up having the surgery to pee like a girl. I will start them on the special food once they hit a year old which is a long way off. Couple more weeks and I can transition them off the watered down kitten dry food. I do give them kitten wet food to add some calories.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Special food can prevent that, but it comes with a few more $$.
Good luck and have fun while they are still young.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Special food can prevent that, but it comes with a few more $$.
Good luck and have fun while they are still young.
Yes, the cats that both recently passed were on Iames Urinary Tract food. I think I might try the one from Blue Buffalo when these transition to adult food in about 10 1/2 months. Sounds more healthier for them than Iames or Purina.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Have fun and enjoy.
I miss the days with my pubs, all have passed.
We still have four cats, but one is not doing well.
She had a seizure yesterday and rushed her to the vet.
They think it is vertigo or a brain tumor.
She is 14 yrs old.

Pic is of View attachment 148557 View attachment 148557 the good ole days.
These two little ones fill the void that was created when our 16 year old cats passed in February and two weeks ago. Losing both in such a close time frame was hard on all of us, especially my youngest.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Yes, the cats that both recently passed were on Iames Urinary Tract food. I think I might try the one from Blue Buffalo when these transition to adult food in about 10 1/2 months. Sounds more healthier for them than Iames or Purina.
Though, I have noticed that the premium brands like Blue Buffalo or Science Diet have more recalls due to bad ingredients than do the mass market brands.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Looks like my head is their favorite place to sleep. We used to have a cat like that when we first got married but with one difference. She was in love with my husband and thought I was the hussy other woman. She wouldn't dare bother my husband while he slept so she would sleep on my head.

Funny thing is that if I move my head to look at them, I get hissed at like, "how dare you look at us." :rolleyes:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Though, I have noticed that the premium brands like Blue Buffalo or Science Diet have more recalls due to bad ingredients than do the mass market brands.
Yet if you say that you get your pet's food from the grocery store, vets (or at least the one I go to) looks at you with such disdain.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Yet if you say that you get your pet's food from the grocery store, vets (or at least the one I go to) looks at you with such disdain.
Our cats, including the current Misters (Cooper and Buff) like Purina Cat Chow, though we have gone the no grain formula route, mixed with Temptations crunchy treats. They do get wet food, Friskies or Fancy Feast. I stopped shopping at Petco because they've gone food Nazi.