The babies

luvmygdaughters

My sister had a cat named Texas. The only time she wouldn't try to kill you was when she was pregnant. (Sister was not a responsible owner and didn't get any of her cats fixed. At one point, she had 5 adults and 12 kittens. Mothers were having babies with sons. Ick!)
:sshrug: Cannot, for the life of me, figure out why people do not get their pets spade or neutered.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
:sshrug: Cannot, for the life of me, figure out why people do not get their pets spade or neutered.
Me either. My babies aren't even 6 weeks old and I'm already thinking about when they can get fixed. What really broke my heart is when she moved to her boyfriend's house, she took all but one to the animal shelter. The mean one was pregnant at the time and she's not even the one my sister kept. She kept the one that had babies already born and maybe just weaned.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Forgot to post this one. Little Miss Bad Girl climbing up the laundry hamper to get onto the window sill. She then proceeded to jump down onto her sister who was perched on the magazine holder. :lol:

Attachments

• 20200528_193814.jpg
    20200528_193814.jpg
    972.8 KB · Views: 161

UglyBear

In several days, try to hold them more -- I read somewhere that cats who are not handled before 8 weeks will almost never be docile domestics, and will always hiss and hate people, even while taking food.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
In several days, try to hold them more -- I read somewhere that cats who are not handled before 8 weeks will almost never be docile domestics, and will always hiss and hate people, even while taking food.
I hold or pet them every chance I get. They have learned that if they lay underneath the bed in the middle, nobody can reach them.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Please put up more pics -- my daughter is requesting more of the fluffy one :)
They are both fluffy. Yesterday was the first day they were out enough to get any pictures. These are the rest that I took. The last picture is the calico wiping the litter off her butt on the carpet. I swear she's got trouble written all over her already. :lmao:

Attachments

• 20200528_193525.jpg
    20200528_193525.jpg
    902.5 KB · Views: 200
  • kitties.jpg
    kitties.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 213
  • calico1.jpg
    calico1.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 215

NextJen

Raisin cane
Name suggestions:
Missy and Sissy
Claire and Bell
April and May
Lucy and Ethel
Peaches and Creme
Tigger and Eeyore
Dipsy and Pixie

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Thought I'd see if the kittens would venture out of my room. They did. Now I can't get them out from under the couch. :doh:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Need some help. Noticed that at least the grey one has either ear mites or wax build up. Ears have black ick in them. The drops for ear mites can't be given to kittens under 12 weeks. Burritoing her and using dry Q-tips got some out but not a lot. Probably shouldn't wet them first, right? Don't want to put moisture into their ears. How can I clean out the black crap safely?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I found an ball with a bell inside that I must have gotten for our cats years ago that they never played with. I must have stuck it in the drawer downstairs but for some reason I remembered it yesterday and gave it to the babies. Husband said when he got out of the shower, both had climbed up onto my bed and were sitting on my pillow. When he left for work, they were playing with that ball. They seem to really like a cord that is hanging down from our ironing board/hamper combo thing so I might stop at Petco and pick up a couple of those fishing pole type toys. I am hoping if we can play with them more, they will become less frightened of us. The calico loves to climb up the mesh on the sides of the hamper bag so maybe a cat tree might be in order too.
Pepper's Pet Pantry has those!! :yay:

:biggrin:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
This is true - socializing them when they're very young is a really good idea. They're just a teeny bit young to be separated from momma.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Pepper's Pet Pantry has those!! :yay:

:biggrin:
Got the fishing toys at Petsmart. Should have gotten it from Chewy. Wet kitten food at Petsmart is $8. Same food at Chewy is $4 ($3 if you choose autoship). Funny thing is they prefer to play with the pole and not with the toy at the other end.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
This is true - socializing them when they're very young is a really good idea. They're just a teeny bit young to be separated from momma.
Yes, I was a little surprised a bout how young they ended up being and wasn't sure about taking them. But it wasn't like they were going to be put back with Mom if I didn't take them and they were eating on their own. They are just at a weird stage. Too young to really get them vetted but old enough to be ok with Mom for the most part.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
OMG! I am in heaven. Both babies are sound asleep on a pillow beside me. This is the first time they have ever gotten this close to me willingly. ❤

Attachments

• 20200529_223239.jpg
    20200529_223239.jpg
    894.3 KB · Views: 214

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Woke up around 1am and the babies were still asleep on the pillow. Calico had her sister shoved up against the headboard while she was stretched out on her back. Never seen a cat sleep like that. Tried to quietly get up to take a picture but that woke them up. Then the party started.

They decided it was play time so they started chasing each other around. Then they climbed back onto the bed and proceeded to have a wrestle match all over the bed. Next came "let's climb Mt Mommy". Each would climb up some part of me (I was laying on my side) and use me as a springboard to jump onto their sister.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Woke up around 1am and the babies were still asleep on the pillow. Calico had her sister shoved up against the headboard while she was stretched out on her back. Never seen a cat sleep like that. Tried to quietly get up to take a picture but that woke them up. Then the party started.

They decided it was play time so they started chasing each other around. Then they climbed back onto the bed and proceeded to have a wrestle match all over the bed. Next came "let's climb Mt Mommy". Each would climb up some part of me (I was laying on my side) and use me as a springboard to jump onto their sister.
Kittens are the best! When I took in my pregnant rescue 11 years ago, she had 5. Once I could no longer keep them contained to the kitchen all hell broke loose! They’d run down the stairs and launch themselves into the furniture and springboard into the drapes to hang on to, all in tandem. 😂🤣😂