The babies

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Our cats, including the current Misters (Cooper and Buff) like Purina Cat Chow, though we have gone the no grain formula route, mixed with Temptations crunchy treats. They do get wet food, Friskies or Fancy Feast. I stopped shopping at Petco because they've gone food Nazi.
Our two were on Purina Cat Chow until the male developed crystals. Then we switched them to Iames Urinary Tract Health. I am currently feeding the babies Purina Kitten Chow but got some Blue Buffalo delivered yesterday that I will slowly add to the Purina.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Our two were on Purina Cat Chow until the male developed crystals. Then we switched them to Iames Urinary Tract Health. I am currently feeding the babies Purina Kitten Chow but got some Blue Buffalo delivered yesterday that I will slowly add to the Purina.
Mine (M&F) have been on IAMS since Day 1. Neither has ever had a UTI.

gemma_rae

@RareBreed Your babies are adorable! I didn't see where anyone had mentioned this yet other than about a Cat Tree, but get them a good solid scratching post asap. Yes, a sturdy Cat Tree is perfect for this. They absolutely must learn to use a scratching post when young if they are going to be indoors because they will shred everything in the house. It is amazing the destruction a cat can do sharpening it's claws! Having had cats before you probably already know this, but thought it was worth a mention. Happy Kittening!😻

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
@RareBreed Your babies are adorable! I didn't see where anyone had mentioned this yet other than about a Cat Tree, but get them a good solid scratching post asap. Yes, a sturdy Cat Tree is perfect for this. They absolutely must learn to use a scratching post when young if they are going to be indoors because they will shred everything in the house. It is amazing the destruction a cat can do sharpening it's claws! Having had cats before you probably already know this, but thought it was worth a mention. Happy Kittening!😻
The cat tree we got has scratching posts on the bottom and a hammock at the top. I also got them one of those ball in a circle things that has cardboard in the middle and the little girl has already figured out that's for scratching. It is amazing how things come naturally to them. So far, whenever they are let out of my room, they look around the living room a bit and then make a beeline for under the couch and stay there until we fish them out to be put back into my room.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
They haven't had crystals either. :yay:
You are lucky. Our male would have his crystals removed and then get more a short time later. That is why he eventually got switched to peeing like a girl. I know the vet won't do it but I'd like to tell them that when they are removing the nuts, just reroute the plumbing and save us some worrying.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
You are lucky. Our male would have his crystals removed and then get more a short time later. That is why he eventually got switched to peeing like a girl. I know the vet won't do it but I'd like to tell them that when they are removing the nuts, just reroute the plumbing and save us some worrying.
How else would they pee? They don't lift their leg like a dog, do they?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
How else would they pee? They don't lift their leg like a dog, do they?
:lol: No. The vet can make boys pee like a girl. Make the opening of the urethra wider so crystals don't get stuck. The babies squat so low to pee and poop that they end up with litter on their butts and have to scoot along the carpet to remove it. Ick!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
:lol: No. The vet can make boys pee like a girl. Make the opening of the urethra wider so crystals don't get stuck. The babies squat so low to pee and poop that they end up with litter on their butts and have to scoot along the carpet to remove it. Ick!
Alrighty then! :lmao:

My boy has always squatted like his momma. I had them both fixed as soon as they were able.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
And not a moment too soon. He tried to hump his momma a few times. :lol:
I read that they reach sexual maturity at 4 months! That sounds too young. Then I wondered why you have to wait until 5 months!! The girly is definitely the boss of the two so I think if the boy tried any funny business, he would regret it in the harshest way. She has been known to bit his butthole.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I read that they reach sexual maturity at 4 months! That sounds too young. Then I wondered why you have to wait until 5 months!! The girly is definitely the boss of the two so I think if the boy tried any funny business, he would regret it in the harshest way. She has been known to bit his butthole.
Momma still slaps the piss out of him on occasion. Even though he out weights her by 15lbs.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Does your vet give you grief about it? Ours always "reminded" us that ours was too fat.
Well Pet doesn't. In fact, one of them likes to see him in all of his glory. :lol:

All Kinds tried. They finally agreed that he is just a really big cat. Perhaps some Maine Coon mixed in his DNA somewhere.