The complicated Murdaugh story unraveled

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Maybe I haven't followed enough of this - part of me WANTS to ignore it in very much the way I ignore the royals and the Kardashians.
I just don't care.

But - two things come to mind - they don't have a murder weapon, and as far as I can tell, he doesn't have a motive. There's just not much physical evidence to convict him. If guilty is "beyond a REASONABLE doubt", I'd have to vote no. Just because someone is a consummate liar, it doesn't make them a murderer. A con man and an *******, but I'd need more to convince me.

On the other hand - I don't see how anyone could have been there, and left. It's like the OJ trial - no one else COULD have done it, but at least in OJ's case, he had motive.
To your first sentence, you haven't, if so, you would have clarity in your second paragraph.

Alex is guilty.

SamSpade

To your first sentence, you haven't, if so, you would have clarity in your second paragraph.

Alex is guilty.
I guess I haven't seen where they have proven it. Just because they can prove he's a lying scumbag doesn't mean they've proven he did it.
I know it sucks, but you have to PROVE someone is guilty - it's not enough to just believe it.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I guess I haven't seen where they have proven it. Just because they can prove he's a lying scumbag doesn't mean they've proven he did it.
I know it sucks, but you have to PROVE someone is guilty - it's not enough to just believe it.
He denied being at the kennel the night of the murders, in fact, he denied this all the way until his trial, time and time again. At his trial, a snapchat video his son took prior to his murder was presented and it is AM's voice on that video. AM later admits, IN COURT ON THE STAND, he was there. He admits that the chicken the dog had in his/her mouth was removed by him which was discussed in the snapchat video.

Think about that fact. He totally removed himself from the scene of the crime from day #1 which hindered the investigation. But this being presented now narrows down the time frame of what AM said he was doing that evening. His phone data is another damning piece of evidence. The testimony of his own housekeeper and his mother's caregiver did him no favors. AM owns the same type of weapons that were used in this crime, but those type weapons were never found because Alex says they are missing. Just those 2 weapons are missing. Really? Are we supposed to believe this?

The motive to me is crystal clear. His son Paul, him, his wife and even his oldest son were all being sued because of Paul's fatal boating accident. Financial records were expected. Alex knew everything was about to be exposed if he did produce financial records. Alex has pled "not guilty" on 90 plus financial charges, but what we have heard in his murder trial is Alex admitting he committed these crimes. His wife spent a great deal of time at the beach house and was drawn to the kennel house by Alex - only for him to run off to his momma's house. His mother was agitated earlier in the day and her caregiver told Alex this but later when he called, he learned she was calm and sleeping. He still went to visit, and he later tried to get his mother's caregiver to say he was at that house longer than he said. I don't believe he counted on the phone data coming back against him or that snapchat video.

I hope the jury makes the right decision. If I was on the jury, I would vote guilty. I felt the case has been proven and I have no doubt Alex fired those shots.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I also do not believe AM had some big-time pill problem either. He is using this as an excuse. Amazing how his co-workers testified that AM had a photographic memory but now, on the stand, it is a whole lot of, I don't remember, don't know, perhaps...

I think we will have a verdict this week, no later than Monday the 6th.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
This is an older video of Alex. This client is one of the clients Alex kept from getting his money after his case settled. Alex has been charged with theft in his case. Ironic isn't it? I think that snapchat video will be what convicts him for double homicide.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Closing arguments expected to begin any time now.

I think jury instructions at the end of today and a guilty verdict by COB Friday. :)

That is my prediction.

The jury went on the field trip this morning to the property.

1. Maggie/Paul were lured to the property by Alex - this was proven in text messages. Prior to that, Maggie was spending a considerable amount of time at the beach house.
2. Alex was at the kennel. He lied all the way up until the snapchat video was provided IN COURT that proved he was there within minutes of their phones locking from inactivity before he admitted this.
3. Video earlier in the day showed Alex wearing clothes that could not be produce nor were they ever found. Pants, shoes and shirt he was wearing in that video where he removed a fruit tree with Paul earlier to the kennel video has been missing and never produced. Housekeeper testified that outfit/shoes never reappeared.
4. The testimony of his mother's caregiver. Caregiver stated that Alex told her to say he had been at the house for 40 minutes, but she said, no more than 20 minutes. When he said this to her, he followed it up with wanting to pay for her wedding. She found that shaddy and called her brother, who is a police chief in another county, and told him.
5. Alex was confronted earlier in the day by the firm's accountant wanting proof about some monies in question. Later, Alex called the accountant wanting to know the value of his retirement accounts for the civil trial coming up due to Paul's fatal boating accident.
6. Ammo found at the kennel matched ammo found outside the main house. It proves that the weapons used in the crime came from that house, and Alex could never produce those weapons when asked about them. He tried to say they hadn't been seen in months. Just those 2 weapons missing - none of his others.
7. Alex lied about EVERYTHING - that has been more than proven and now, he expects a jury to believe he didn't kill his wife and son.
8. Something not getting talked about much but is very important to me. Alex hired somebody to shot him in the head yet the wound was superficial. Alex worked with the police and they did a drawing of the suspect. Ironic how that looked just like the boyfriend of the deceased girl in the boating accident. :whistle:

Shakes head... Alex needs to be buried under the jail and never let back out into society.

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I really haven’t been paying attention. Is this guy in custody or out on bond?

if he’s out on bond until sentencing, he’s either going to hightail it, or hang himself.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I am so happy they got a conviction. The state's closing and response was excellent. As to the defense closing arguments, I didn't feel the attorney believed anything he was saying. Yes, I watched all day or was within earshot.