The debate...

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
2ndAmendment said:
And if the Congress raises the minimum wage to $7, we will have many, many more people below the poverty line. Raising the minimum wage never has and never will advance the low guy on the wage scale. It is an illusion for political purposes only. Only stupid people believe it helps. Prices always rise to consume multiple times the rise in the minimum wage and because of wage compression more people are earing the lowest wage. If you don't know what wage compression is you are not qualified to discuss this. But for the ignorant, wage compression is when the minimum wage is raised and those that are making above the minimum before the raise are now making the minimum. Example: Guy making $7.00 an hour and minimum wage is $5.15. Raise the minimum wage to $7.00 an hour. Now everyone that was making more than $5.15 and $7.00 or less are now making the minimum wage. The people that were making more than minimum wage are now reduced to the lowest wage level when they were above it.

As minimum wage goes up so does the overall salaries of American's. Salaries will follow in due time. Why should hard working Americans who work jobs that only pay 5.15 p/hour continue to get paid like that, while the price of goods continue to rise and fall out of reach for this group of people???? I don't think you get it. According to you the minimum wage should have stayed where it was at in the sixties. :shutup:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
UrbanPancake said:
Here is a mind boggling question for you. Is being straight a choice? If you did choose to be straight that means you have a choice in the matter, but if you didn't that means you were born like that. Do you really think that people would choose to be gay with people like you out there?????
Sin is a choice. Not sinning is a choice.

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
2ndAmendment said:
Which is what the Muslims want to do. Why do you think they call it a holy war?

I know just the other day an Islamic Missionary knocked on my door and tried to convert me..... no wait that was a Baptist..... :killingme

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
UrbanPancake said:
As minimum wage goes up so does the overall salaries of American's. Salaries will follow in due time. Why should hard working Americans who work jobs that only pay 5.15 p/hour continue to get paid like that, while the price of goods continue to rise and fall out of reach for this group of people???? I don't think you get it. According to you the minimum wage should have stayed where it was at in the sixties. :shutup:
Uneducated about economics and the Constitution aren't you. There should be NO minimum wage. There never should have been one. The Federal government has no authority under the Constitution to set wages.

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
2ndAmendment said:
Sin is a choice. Not sinning is a choice.

"Sin is a choice", well if that's the case Divorce should be illegal. It's sinning according to you and the Bible. Guess what the Bible is great for moral teaching, but no one follows it anymore. If we did we would all be selling our daughters into slavery?! :ohwell:

ylexot

Super Genius
UrbanPancake said:
Here is a mind boggling question for you. Is being straight a choice? If you did choose to be straight that means you have a choice in the matter, but if you didn't that means you were born like that. Do you really think that people would choose to be gay with people like you out there?????
I came to a realization last night. Many people use the "Do you really think that people would choose to be gay?" argument, but there are also many people with mental illness that do not "choose" to act the way they do. These acts are frequently diagnosed as chemical imbalances and are treated as such. Isn't it possible that homosexuality is an undiagnosed chemical imbalance? I really don't know. It could be chemical, it could be genetic, it could be something else. The point is that I have yet to see any proof of anything, but many people assume whatever it is that they believe.

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
ylexot said:
I came to a realization last night. Many people use the "Do you really think that people would choose to be gay?" argument, but there are also many people with mental illness that do not "choose" to act the way they do. These acts are frequently diagnosed as chemical imbalances and are treated as such. Isn't it possible that homosexuality is an undiagnosed chemical imbalance? I really don't know. It could be chemical, it could be genetic, it could be something else. The point is that I have yet to see any proof of anything, but many people assume whatever it is that they believe.
It has been proven that Homosexuality isn't a mental illness. I have many gay friends and none of them are crazy. They're lawyers, accountants, teachers, and everything else under the sun. Crazy people can't hold down jobs, maintain there homes, and usually they hurt someone.

Plus Homosexuality happens in nature all the time. Everything from dogs, dolphins, to monkey's have practiced homosexuality. But you know what...I bet no one ever told them that they were sinning. That would change everything... :killingme

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
UrbanPancake said:
I know just the other day an Islamic Missionary knocked on my door and tried to convert me..... no wait that was a Baptist..... :killingme
They won't knock on your door. They will knock your door down and will be carrying weapons. You are an infidel in their belief and not worthy of life. That is one of the things you and others idealists that just wish everyone could get along don't realize.

And if a Baptist didn't try to convert you the other day and you didn't actually mistake that person for an Islamic Missionary, you are a liar.

ylexot

Super Genius
UrbanPancake said:
By that logic, what is the point of raising the minimum wage? A temporary boost to the low-income earners? If salaries go up with the minimum wage, what have you gotten? All you have done is change the scale on the wage chart. The bottom is still the bottom, just at a higher level, and the top is still the top, just at a higher level.

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
2ndAmendment said:
They won't knock on your door. They will knock your door down and will be carrying weapons. You are an infidel in their belief and not worthy of life. That is one of the things you and others idealists that just wish everyone could get along don't realize.

And if a Baptist didn't try to convert you the other day and you didn't actually mistake that person for an Islamic Missionary, you are a liar.
You need to get a grip on yourself. You can't speak for all Muslims number one. The Muslims you are talking about are Islamic Extremists. Your average Muslim doesn't want to destroy buildings. There are also Christian Extremists. Look at Ireland. Catholics and Protestants are fighting all the time, and for what? They believe in the same God, but different doctrine???? By the way they destroy buses and buildings also? But should we go to war with Ireland or Northern Ireland???? :spank: :confused:

Last edited:

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
ylexot said:
By that logic, what is the point of raising the minimum wage? A temporary boost to the low-income earners? If salaries go up with the minimum wage, what have you gotten? All you have done is change the scale on the wage chart. The bottom is still the bottom, just at a higher level, and the top is still the top, just at a higher level.
The price of goods will not go up sharply because people are making more. They will remain pretty constant, because low income earners will be catching up with inflation.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
UrbanPancake said:
"Sin is a choice", well if that's the case Divorce should be illegal. It's sinning according to you and the Bible. Guess what the Bible is great for moral teaching, but no one follows it anymore. If we did we would all be selling our daughters into slavery?! :ohwell:
Divorce is not the correct way according to the Bible. You are not right that no one follows if. I and many others do; not perfectly, but striving for perfection that will come when I meet Y'shua. Many choose not to follow the Word of God and follow their own desire. That is free will. God created us with free will. We have the choice to follows God's way or to sin.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
UrbanPancake said:
Look at Ireland. Catholics and Protestants are fighting all the time, and for what? They believe in the same God, but different doctrine????
Shows what you understand about the world. The Catholics and Protestants are fighting about British control of Northern Ireland.

ylexot

Super Genius
UrbanPancake said:
It has been proven that Homosexuality isn't a mental illness. I have many gay friends and none of them are crazy. They're lawyers, accountants, teachers, and everything else under the sun. Crazy people can't hold down jobs, maintain there homes, and usually they hurt someone.

Plus Homosexuality happens in nature all the time. Everything from dogs, dolphins, to monkey's have practiced homosexuality. But you know what...I bet no one ever told them that they were sinning. That would change everything... :killingme
That just shows you know nothing about mental illness. For example, some people are diagnosed with depression and receive medication to treat it. These people are "lawyers, accountants, teachers, and everything else under the sun." They are not "crazy", they can "hold down jobs, maintain there homes," and usually do not hurt someone. Plus depression happens in nature all the time.

Got proof, present it.

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
2ndAmendment said:
Divorce is not the correct way according to the Bible. You are not right that no one follows if. I and many others do; not perfectly, but striving for perfection that will come when I meet Y'shua. Many choose not to follow the Word of God and follow their own desire. That is free will. God created us with free will. We have the choice to follows God's way or to sin.

So you don't follow it exactly but since Gay people don't follow it exactly they should be held under a microscope??? You sound like a hypocrite.

ylexot

Super Genius
UrbanPancake said:
The price of goods will not go up sharply because people are making more. They will remain pretty constant, because low income earners will be catching up with inflation.
Actually, prices of goods will go up because the manufacturers who now have to pay more for their employees will have to increase prices to pay for it.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
UrbanPancake said:
Again, you are showing your ignorance of economics. Prices will rise almost immediately. If costs go up, prices rise. This is especially true when costs go up universally as with a rise in the minimum wage, because there are no completive forces to keep them down.

The rise in minimum wage is one of the prime reasons for jobs going overseas. Labor has priced itself beyond completive levels. If business could produce the same product or service in the U.S. for the same cost, they would produce them in the U.S. if only to save the shipping which would be lower. Business can't; labor keeps going up because of wage compression.