The ex and men in general

softcrab

My ex just came and got my daughter out to go to work. I don't have to go anywhere. I didn't ask him to help me get my car moved.

Okay, it just occurred to me, my dumb self.

But I wondered if he took it as an insult. I wouldn't even accept help from him, I would have accepted from a stranger.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
My ex just came and got my daughter out to go to work. I don't have to go anywhere. I didn't ask him to help me get my car moved.

But I wondered if he took it as an insult. I wouldn't even accept help from him, I would have accepted from a stranger.

Why would he be insulted? Did he offer?

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
I agree with you. I would rather have strangers help me than my ex. I wish I was a widow instead of an ex.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
I agree with you. I would rather have strangers help me than my ex. I wish I was a widow instead of an ex.

Isn't that a bit selfish? Wanting a stranger to help you rather than helping your ex, why do you care if a stranger helps him? :lmao:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

It's difficult to determine what happened from that account, but I'll assume he offered to help and you declined.

If you said "No Thanks" he probably won't think about it.
If you said "I don't want any of your help you f-ing SOB" he's probably grateful you're his X.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
It's difficult to determine what happened from that account, but I'll assume he offered to help and you declined.

If you said "I don't want any of your help you f-ing SOB" he's probably grateful you're his X.

I'm thinking he didn't offer and she is thinking he might be offended that she didn't ask for his help......

softcrab

I talked to my best friend about that when we first broke up. She didn't agree, but then she thinks they would have stayed together forever if he hadn't of died. From my experience, I couldn't fathom that.

softcrab

No offer. But we were married a long time. He knew me enough I probably wouldn't have accepted. Again, was he insulted? I've been told men like to help, it makes them feel needed and appreciated.

Come to think of it, those are not feelings I want to convey to my ex.

And I am the pleaser role in my family, I wouldn't have tried to make him feel bad on purpose.

Beta84

They're out to get us
I doubt your ex is disappointed/hurt that you didn't ask him to help you move your car. In fact, he's probably happy that you didn't ask him or he would have at least offered to help you out. Heck, it sounds like he may have been a jerk and said no to you. Otherwise you'd think he'd have offered.

I already regret it, but at the time I never gave it a thought. More concerned with daughter getting satisfied. Just the way I am.

how old is she? :whistle: