The ex and men in general

softcrab

I doubt your ex is disappointed/hurt that you didn't ask him to help you move your car. In fact, he's probably happy that you didn't ask him or he would have at least offered to help you out. Heck, it sounds like he may have been a jerk and said no to you. Otherwise you'd think he'd have offered.

how old is she? :whistle:

Daughter 21. And he did do me a favor. I got the house alone - Loud music, she doesn't like that. The computer, again I'm the nice one, when she's home I let her have it. Guess ya'll wish she was home.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
No offer. But we were married a long time. He knew me enough I probably wouldn't have accepted. Again, was he insulted? I've been told men like to help, it makes them feel needed and appreciated.

Come to think of it, those are not feelings I want to convey to my ex.

And I am the pleaser role in my family, I wouldn't have tried to make him feel bad on purpose.

He's not thinking about you, what you said or what the inflection of your voice might have meant.

He's watching football and drinking a beer

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Daughter 21. And he did do me a favor. I got the house alone - Loud music, she doesn't like that. The computer, again I'm the nice one, when she's home I let her have it. Guess ya'll wish she was home.

I'm thinking you might be an ex for a reason. :coffee:

Toxick

Splat
No offer. But we were married a long time. He knew me enough I probably wouldn't have accepted. Again, was he insulted?

Why do you care? It sounds to me that, if anything, you'd be glad if he was insulted.

So #### it --- just say he was insulted, give yourself a pat on the back and move on.

softcrab

I doubt your ex is disappointed/hurt that you didn't ask him to help you move your car. In fact, he's probably happy that you didn't ask him or he would have at least offered to help you out. Heck, it sounds like he may have been a jerk and said no to you. Otherwise you'd think he'd have offered.

how old is she? :whistle:

He may have said no, but it would have been regret. I'm a good wife. Too bad, I was his. Ask my house.

Beta84

They're out to get us
I already regret it, but at the time I never gave it a thought. More concerned with daughter getting satisfied. Just the way I am.

ok. I might be willing to help with that then. :howdy:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
No I'm union, I have alreadt considered tomorrow off. What better excuse, can't get my car out. There is a method to my madness. And by the way ***k you.

Union??

How many weeks after a couple inches of snow can you still call out due to being snowed in??

My son tried to call in today, and my ex (bless her heart) told him to get off his ass and go to work.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I don't think I'd turn down any help unless it was from a total weirdo - shoveling a lot of snow is hard work!

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I don't think I'd turn down any help unless it was from a total weirdo - shoveling a lot of snow is hard work!

I'm still trying to figure out why the OP said the ex and men in general. This seems to be about her ex or maybe she's just bitter against men altogether.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I'm still trying to figure out why the OP said the ex and men in general. This seems to be about her ex or maybe she's just bitter against men altogether.

My ex isn't exactly my best friend, hence, the reason he's my ex. But I certainly wouldn't turn down an offer to help with as much snow as we've had! Thing1 & Thing2 and I shoveled a heckuva lot of snow between yesterday and today!